• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New and Returning Players

S

Shadex

It appears that our beloved FFXI is in a state of flux right now where a lot of players are either returning to the game after an unhappy excursion into XIV or are simply new players that with all the hype, and then unfortunate reviews regarding XIV have decided to give the illustrious XI a try.

With this infux of wonderful new players I fear that the community is no longer geared toward supporting such a new player base. Many of us have probably run into the difficulty of finding an active english speaking LS on whichever server we chose and to that I attribute the lack of centralized coordination. Coupled with the fact that most remaining LS are comprised of entirely endgame raiders finding a new home is tough.

As such I would like to offer any new or returning player, who will be starting a new character due to SE possibly no longer having their originals, to congregate on the Titan server together. Let's work together as a community again to help bolster the lower level player support system. I will be more than happy to provide world passes for those interested.

Now I will not be creating a new LS for this. I am already a member of a fantastic LS with a stadium full of active members. However, as they are 99% endgame they would act as a bastion of knowledge and future development, NOT as a powerleveling service or charity. I like to enjoy a game for all its splendor, go to all the instances, do all the quests, try out all the game's features... not just powerlevel grind till my eyes bleed because some people think the only good stuff to do is endgame.

For those that have played realize this, and those that are joining us know, FFXI is a brilliant, vibrant, alive world, full of boss mobs, notorious enemies, and great dungons. And they all start as early as level 5-10. So again, this won't be for everyone. But I know there are players out there like myself that would just love a great group of like leveled players that just enjoy gaming. Now with the level synch system it is easier than ever.

Well give Titan a try. Send me a message on this forum if you are interested and gather some friends to come with you. The more the merrier. Let's not have all the new players spread out, two on this server, 3 on this, 1 over here, etc. Together we can make the new player experience a million times better for all of us.