• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General New Account error - Account age -1 months, skill cap 695

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As posted yesterday, I finally got a Stygian Abyss New Account code and created a new account with it.

Upon creating my first character, I ran onto this rather unusual situation:

newaccounterror.png

The account age is -1 month and the skill cap is at 695 points due to that.
It remained like this after server down and server up (legends shard).

The steps I took were:
- Buy Stygian Abyss New Account code
- Create new account on my master account using that code

I used a Mythic character token as well, but the problem happened before I used it.
Once the character was created, I already got the message saying that the account age is -1 month and the skill cap was at 695 already.

This ought to be something you may want to look at. It might be an exception, but if this is happening to all or most Stygian Abyss New Account codes, this can be quite the problem.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just logged with the account again and it seems to have been fixed.
The account age shows as 2 months and the skill cap is at 700.

Seems to be a problem during the first 12 to 16 hours of that account.
Still worth checking, I believe.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Once the character was created, I already got the message saying that the account age is -1 month and the skill cap was at 695 already.
I tested this with an account that was flagged as being “-1” months old and got similar display results when using Pinco’s custom UI. The skill point cap display is something that is only available in the custom UI and is not available with the default UI. I am not certain how that display value is being calculated but even though it was only displaying 695, I was still able to achieve 700/695 skill points on the test character.

I have submitted a problem report into the system to resolve the “-1” month account age issue.