• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Network News] Scheduled Forum Downtime Friday, July 11th

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will be bringing our forums down Friday, July 11th 2008 to import restored user data initially lost in May. The following was posted in our Forum Announcements:

"On Friday, July 11th our message forums will be taken offline for approximately 48 hours while we restore the data we were able to pull from the old database and merge it with the existing data. The restoration will begin at about noon EST on Friday.

Users whose accounts were recovered from the old database will have those accounts merged with the current existing account, if the username and the email address match. For those of you who created alternate usernames we will be able to merge your restored account with your new account after the restoration has been completed.

If you have any questions or need any assistance with your account please email [email protected] or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forums."

While we apologize for the inconvenience, we are at the same time very happy this scheduled downtime is occurring as it means we are returning to normality!

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great news *zigzag*! :)

Just to help get the word out to people before Friday... Forum Data Restore - Server Downtime has been reprinted to both GameXbar and UO Toolbar.

Next week when as the new forum starts taking shape with the old board data and the new URLs... I'll rebuild the UO Stratics forum menu in the UO Toolbar.

K

Kratos Aurion

So they're merging the new forums data into the old forums data or are they merging the old forums into the new forums.

Meaning we'll still be using vBulletin?

K

Kebet

I will be glad to have the professions forum back! :) Will the guild forums be restored as well?

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully Pub 54 doesn't hit all the shards that day :(, would be a pain if there was a real problem & no one could be notified as we all do here to one another. Looks :eyes: for other "Lost" forum he has hidden in bookmarks. Awww there it is:thumbup1:

T

T_Amon_from_work

Yup. The UBB stuff was a tad dated, this has more flexibility. Old data into this format. User setups as well should merge decently if your current forum handle meets the specs outlined by *zigzag*. I can tell you that PMs on my "Mod side" recovered very nicely.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be glad to have the professions forum back! :) Will the guild forums be restored as well?
The Guild Forums are on this list, but unfortunately won't be restored *quite* yet. Don't fret tho'...we will for sure be offering them again very soon!

F

Finch

Can we have the ability to go straight to UHall when I choose Uhall rather than go to yet another list, scroll past all the other game boards to get to Uhall???
Big time annoying, Needless clicks drive me crazy.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will there be an option to show all the Dev posts like in the old forum?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am wondering...when the old data is merged back, for those of us that kept the same user name, what happens to our archive of private messages from the original account? The current mailbox limit is 100 messages. On the old forums we had the ability to create multiple storage folders in our mailbox, and organize them...and over time a lot of messages have accumulated. What happens to them when the user accounts are merged?

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we have the ability to go straight to UHall when I choose Uhall rather than go to yet another list, scroll past all the other game boards to get to Uhall???
Big time annoying, Needless clicks drive me crazy.
Speaking of excessive clicking...while overall I am liking the new boards, one thing I miss is the flashing envelope icon notification at the top left of the page from the old board for new messages, and the contact list. It was far easier to use private messages with the old format IMO. I feel like I am clicking all over the place now to read and send messages.

-Skylark

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention the fact that if you're looking at a user profile (including your own), the pull-down list for the forums is nowhere to be found. I notice now that it's also missing from this screen that I'm on while writing this post.

It should also be near the top of the screen, not hanging around at the bottom, smoking and acting shifty.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool! Good to hear you are finally ready to implement the merge. I'll be checking back on Sunday to see if it is back up.

K

Kith Kanan

hmm member name is the same .. not sure with e-mail thou tbh....

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know my e-mail is not the same. I don't even -remember- what the email is that is linked to Kayhynn it's been 4+ years.