• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nets,Sos and..

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi devs!
I hope there'll be different points based on:

- normal SOS and Ancient SOS
- normal fishing nets and special (colored) fishing nets

And..

i hope you'll add also White Pearls in the turn in!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AND!!!! *drumroll*

Just because they have neglected/ignored fisherman/women *clears throat* "fisherpersons" for so long, they will also give 100 pts per turn in of ALL "recovered from a shipwreck" labeled items, be they shells, pillows, bones, whatever!
:drool:

*snaps back to reality*

Dangit, It was only a dream

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND!!!! *drumroll*

Just because they have neglected/ignored fisherman/women *clears throat* "fisherpersons" for so long, they will also give 100 pts per turn in of ALL "recovered from a shipwreck" labeled items, be they shells, pillows, bones, whatever!

*snaps back to reality*

Oh yes please! I seem to have far too much of that sort of rubbish still in storage lol. Typically, I've not long sold my net and MIB stash as they were gathering dust - always the thing you just got rid of :D

Wenchy

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just got a huuuuge feeling something big is around the corner, T-maps, SOS's etc.. all the stuff thats no-longer used but everone has loads off...

I really think somethings gonna change all of that and either the current sos's/T-maps will become useless OR the loot will be ramped up big time.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they are considering making the loot better. If they reduce the drop rate of tmaps and catching sos's that would drive the loot prices up big time.

Fishers and Treasure hunters would be in demand again.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bumping up the loot would be nice. Reducing the drop rates of the maps would only punish those of us that still enjoy the playstyle, even tho it doesnt pay much. I don;t see loot prices going up much at all, everyone who wants a painting, portrait, shell, boots, conch, etc, already has loads of em. Unless you get a sudden influx of noobs, there wont be a demand, regardless of how low the supply may be.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND!!!! *drumroll*

*snaps back to reality*

I laughed so loud my girls came in asking what was wrong lol.

That would be nice to have my fishergirl and my husbands T-hunter useful again. We have so many tmaps we quite picking them up, SoSs if not ancient get shuffled away for a rainy day (i live in the desert ;)) Level 6 tmaps were great, till they beefed up some of the creatures. Even with a group it can be rough. But without a beef up on the loot there's very lil point in doing those now. I kinda feel like Salivern, in that i think something big is coming, but *sighs* we'll just have to wait and see. (I hates waiting)

Ori

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*grins*

Yeah, when they first introduced the ingeniously maps, we ran out and did quite a few...got old quick, one can only look at soooo many of those horses and luna lances rolleyes:

I figured out real quick, the deal I made with my compadres was they got the spawn, I got the chest, that I was coming out on the short short end of that deal :lol:

R

Repo

That would be nice to have my fishergirl and my husbands T-hunter useful again. We have so many tmaps we quite picking them up, SoSs if not ancient get shuffled away for a rainy day (i live in the desert ;)) Level 6 tmaps were great, till they beefed up some of the creatures. Even with a group it can be rough. But without a beef up on the loot there's very lil point in doing those now. I kinda feel like Salivern, in that i think something big is coming, but *sighs* we'll just have to wait and see. (I hates waiting)

Ori
I would argue that your fisherman & t-hunter are just as useful as they've ever been. You get the same loot as you did before, you have the same challenge / adventure in finding the treasure and fighting the monsters as you did before, and it takes you the same amount of time to accomplish the task. What HAS changed is our expectations. Our loot / hour expectation. Its just not as profitable to do these sorts of activities... but I ask you, did you always do them for profit? Was getting rich always your main point reason for having a treasure hunter? I've not known many folks who would say that it was. So the only thing that has changed is that we expect more & better loot in exchange for our time these days.

Its the poison in the game.

Enjoy hunting tmaps, go do it for the fun of the hunt. Not because you'll get rich.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I still do. I won't walk past a level 1 map without picking it up. I still enjoy all of em, and am one of the few who takes all the loots from the chest to smelt, and use the regs for alchy and scribe, and the scrolls to fill spellbooks, if I dont just sell em.
I fish almost every night, even tho nowdays you cannot hardly give a fishsteak away (library donation only) I still enjoy it, it lets me play, relax a bit, and still be involved in guildchat/alliance chat.

Point being, for teh skillpoints invested, in the past 4 years everyone has gotten something, some kinda bump...but not fishers nor T hunters. *shrugs*

R

Repo

Oh I still do. I won't walk past a level 1 map without picking it up. I still enjoy all of em, and am one of the few who takes all the loots from the chest to smelt, and use the regs for alchy and scribe, and the scrolls to fill spellbooks, if I dont just sell em.
I fish almost every night, even tho nowdays you cannot hardly give a fishsteak away (library donation only) I still enjoy it, it lets me play, relax a bit, and still be involved in guildchat/alliance chat.

Point being, for teh skillpoints invested, in the past 4 years everyone has gotten something, some kinda bump...but not fishers nor T hunters. *shrugs*
Well, I apologize if I came across too harshly. Its good to hear that you're still playing the game for the sake of playing. And, I hope for your sake there is a bump, just nothing too major ;)

C

Charmed

MIBs are not gathering dust. Still need them to go treasure hunting at sea!

The shipwrecked items are the ones that's thick with dust for years!

Please include the shipwrecked items in the turn in for a thorough spring cleaning!!!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It would be awesome if they made all the shipwreck items turn-ins. I'd much rather that than nets and sos's.... :)

R

Repo

It would be awesome if they made all the shipwreck items turn-ins. I'd much rather that than nets and sos's.... :)
That sounds like a really good idea to me. I know I personally have tons of paintings, pillows, and so forth... and I don't even have a fisherman anymore.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be awesome if they made all the shipwreck items turn-ins. I'd much rather that than nets and sos's....
yea, but i dont think they'll give you many points for these tems, anyway why not!

And i hope on this:

Hi devs!
I hope there'll be different points based on:

- normal SOS and Ancient SOS
- normal fishing nets and special (colored) fishing nets

And..

i hope you'll add also White Pearls in the turn in!
any words devs? thx =)

L

Lord Drakelord

AND!!!! *drumroll*

*snaps back to reality*

that would be sweet

L

Lord Drakelord

Ori

The day they posted the news about SOSs and T maps, someone came in and brought every map and every SOS I had on my vendors, now SOSs go very quick so I had no problem with that, but when I saw the Map vendor empty I was shocked! Some of those maps had been on that vendor since last yr. Today it sits empty of maps.

I also had two vendor selling V gifts sets, those two have been sitting with the Gifts since they came out, that was Last yr right? They also sold out.

Then on the roof I had vendors selling christmas stuff, they hit them hard, it was like a mad sales they have in the movies, people fighting to get them all, thanks you Dev's for posting what was coming.:beer:

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love t-hunting and fishing, but after pulling up a few chest with worthless loot it gets boring and you feel like ur wasting ur time :cursing:

R

RenaLynne

I would think so...just like I would think Doom drops worth more than minors. Just makes common sense.