• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Needing some nightmare/general help.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I am returning to the game more after a very long inactivity period. I have not actively played doing anything other than a once a month pvp skirmish in a year and a half. I have been reading all of the taming related posts for the last few days, and I LOVE the guides available regarding CUs. I am pretty much looking for some help and build ideas for two nightmares I have since I haven't found much info on them here.

One is a pre patch (2 slot all GM skills), and the other is the cool looking void one 3 slot fresh tame.

I am looking for a build that does a decent amount of single target damage, but also has a little AOE capability. Any help or ideas anyone can give me would be appreciated!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Would not touch the PP mare if it is 2 slots. Leave in stable for now : It is high value, irreplaceable. May want to take it to TC1 just to try different things though..

Gardo

Journeyman
Definitely leave the prepatch in the stable for now. The void, while cool, is a 3-slotter and not much can be done with so little training points. You really need a 2-slotter to be viable. You can practice the training system with it but don't waste any power scrolls on it.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’d say train the 3 slot, don’t bother scrolling, or put 105’s and/or a couple 110’s on it. Even if you don’t scroll that mare, it can give you a little insight into the new pet training system. And it will still be a decent “daily driver” pet.
As for the PP old 2 slot, don’t train, for now. You will make mistakes, we all have, heck I still make some errors, but for now, use other mares to learn the system with. Try to find some 2 slot mares in the wild and “play” with them, before you do anything with that 2 slot PP mare.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Like everyone said, park your pp.

Between one on one and aoe, pick one.

If you just pick magery mastery, you'll have plenty of mana and regens.

Necro mage does very nice 1on1 damage, also has area affect that will attract unwanted attention. You lose out on regens and high Mana.

Chiv for strict 1on1, minus holy light.

Poison breath with necromage for pure aoe.
I'll post what I got when on computer

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Frenzied whirlwind is a nice compromise between single target dps and aoe dps, as Nightmares only get to choose one extra ability. Yeah it's expensive, but also worth it, especially if the target is debuffed by bards/other tamers pets. Unlike Armor Ignore, Frenzied WW does not replace the white hit but is damage on top of it.

I would rather just have plain magery on my nightmares than master magery, but that is my preference.

Not a fan of testing magics out on test center though. Because some perform quite a bit different the higher you go, like Chiv. I prefer people to do test pets with the spec they think they want on their legacies. But that's my opinion.

If you are looking for a pvp nightmare, i would suggest necromage, but it should be on a legacy or high end two slot. Dismount is usually then the most popular ability on it.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Frenzied whirlwind is a nice compromise between single target dps and aoe dps, as Nightmares only get to choose one extra ability. Yeah it's expensive, but also worth it, especially if the target is debuffed by bards/other tamers pets. Unlike Armor Ignore, Frenzied WW does not replace the white hit but is damage on top of it.

I would rather just have plain magery on my nightmares than master magery, but that is my preference.

Not a fan of testing magics out on test center though. Because some perform quite a bit different the higher you go, like Chiv. I prefer people to do test pets with the spec they think they want on their legacies. But that's my opinion.

If you are looking for a pvp nightmare, i would suggest necromage, but it should be on a legacy or high end two slot. Dismount is usually then the most popular ability on it.
I never really pvp on my tamers these days. My original red was a tamer with a rune beetle and bake combo named love and peace though :lol:.

Is it possible to have frenzied and AI in a single mare build? Or is it one or the other?

And thanks everyone for the advice on my PP mare. I'll leave her alone for now.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never really pvp on my tamers these days. My original red was a tamer with a rune beetle and bake combo named love and peace though :lol:.

Is it possible to have frenzied and AI in a single mare build? Or is it one or the other?

And thanks everyone for the advice on my PP mare. I'll leave her alone for now.
Mares can only get one special move and they are locked out of special abilities due to have dragon breath. So unfortunately mares cannot get both FWW/AI.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Khaelor I like what you said about FzWW vs AI..with white hits not being replaced by FzWW. So if the pet was going to white hit for damage of 50, then FzWW would add its own extra damage say of another 50 for that instance, and total will be 100 or something? If so, that is neat. Also if the white hit is buffed by Chiv EoO or ConsWeapon would that add on top of the FzWW? Appreciate the info in advance..Would be worth testing FzWW with Chiv on Tc1 to see what happens. Also: Does Chiv buff the AoE damage of FzWW? Thanks..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Khaelor I like what you said about FzWW vs AI..with white hits not being replaced by FzWW. So if the pet was going to white hit for damage of 50, then FzWW would add its own extra damage say of another 50 for that instance, and total will be 100 or something? If so, that is neat. Also if the white hit is buffed by Chiv EoO or ConsWeapon would that add on top of the FzWW? Appreciate the info in advance..Would be worth testing FzWW with Chiv on Tc1 to see what happens. Also: Does Chiv buff the AoE damage of FzWW? Thanks..
FWW are multiple hits on the same target over a couple seconds, it's damage is increased by the pets Ninjitsu level. You example is kind of how it works. would be like 60(white hit), 20, 20, 20, 20, 20. Each individual FWW hit can miss though. On a high wrestle mob, they can miss a lot. FWW and the autoattack hits are both buffed by EoO/Cons.

FWW/Chiv is an expensive spec. 600 points for FWW, another 100 for 120 ninjitsu scroll. 500 for Chiv and another 100 for a 120 Chiv scroll. 1300 points total or nearly a whole round of training. You will most likely have to sacrifice hits for this spec. I do have this spec on several animals though.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
FWW are multiple hits on the same target over a couple seconds, it's damage is increased by the pets Ninjitsu level. You example is kind of how it works. would be like 60(white hit), 20, 20, 20, 20, 20. Each individual FWW hit can miss though. On a high wrestle mob, they can miss a lot. FWW and the autoattack hits are both buffed by EoO/Cons.

FWW/Chiv is an expensive spec. 600 points for FWW, another 100 for 120 ninjitsu scroll. 500 for Chiv and another 100 for a 120 Chiv scroll. 1300 points total or nearly a whole round of training. You will most likely have to sacrifice hits for this spec. I do have this spec on several animals though.
Interesting thought to try a a Cu with 600 hps post tame, give it FzWW, and Chiv. This way will have decent AoE from the FzWW if in a spawn, and also buff the white hits and the FzWW hits with EoO and CW.. May try it on TC1 and see how it works in Destard with GDs..Ty for info..Also I wonder if they fixed the Conductive blast to be a little more usable?
Could combo of Cu with Chiv/FzWW and Conductive blast be possible for extra damage?
Ty in advance..