• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Needing some help with BUSHIDO MAGE template

T

tarugobr

i was thinking about this template:

Magery
Evaluating Intel
Meditation
Bushido
Parrying
Resisting Spells
Anatomy or tactics

im gonna use staff of the magi, prosperity or staff of power (+15 mage jew). dont know yet
but got some doubts about skill points for every skills and also stats
from what ive read i noticed that parrying needs at least 70 dex to be 'useful'

another question is about antomy and tactics. which one should i keep? which one is most useful for bushido (evasion)?
can i use special moves with mage_weapon + tactics or do i need weapon skills?
i was thinking about instead of special moves, just use spells + ls for combos

then, should it be elf or human?

so, im asking you guys for some help with this template
thank you

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt look to good from my point of wiev.

Two handed weapon means no potions. Thats never a good idea.
You listed seven skills, 120x Bushido, Parry, Magery, Eval, Resist = 600. That leaves 100-120 Points for both Tactics and Meditation.
Doesnt look good tbh.

What are your goal with this kinda template?
It just seems that there is a lot of better offencive templates and a lot of better deffensive templates out there.

T

tarugobr

Doesnt look to good from my point of wiev.

Two handed weapon means no potions. Thats never a good idea.
You listed seven skills, 120x Bushido, Parry, Magery, Eval, Resist = 600. That leaves 100-120 Points for both Tactics and Meditation.
Doesnt look good tbh.

What are your goal with this kinda template?
It just seems that there is a lot of better offencive templates and a lot of better deffensive templates out there.
what do you suggest as a offensive template for me?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Necro Mage is probably the best offensive template right now. One of the Gimp's many would say.
Most ppl running it uses a SC onehanded mageweapon and then use the Crystalline ring to make up for the mage penalty. Preferably with DCI on but those are increadibly expensive.
Magery
Eval
Resist
Meditation
Necro
Spirit Speak

Another one would be the tank mage
Weapon
Tactics
Magery
Med
Eval
Resist

Both templates can be tuned a bit, you doesnt really need more then 70/90 tactics for weapon specials, 120 Med is allso debatable, Necro doesnt really need to be more then 100 or 105 and so on. But templates above are the basics.

T

tarugobr

The Necro Mage is probably the best offensive template right now. One of the Gimp's many would say.
Most ppl running it uses a SC onehanded mageweapon and then use the Crystalline ring to make up for the mage penalty. Preferably with DCI on but those are increadibly expensive.
Magery
Eval
Resist
Meditation
Necro
Spirit Speak

Another one would be the tank mage
Weapon
Tactics
Magery
Med
Eval
Resist

Both templates can be tuned a bit, you doesnt really need more then 70/90 tactics for weapon specials, 120 Med is allso debatable, Necro doesnt really need to be more then 100 or 105 and so on. But templates above are the basics.
can i use special moves with mage weapon + tactics 90 or do i need weapon skill also?

T

Turdnugget

Bushido/Mage is a defensive template with high survivability.

Skills you need:
EI
Mage
Med
Resist
Bushido
Parry
50 in weapon skill

You can't use weapon specials... but if you get a good -mage weapon with hit spell on it, it's just as effective. Since you'll have 80+ dex when a pot has been chugged. You can use a Staff of Magi, you get a %block chance bonus since it's 2handed and you have both parry/bushi, but one hander is better as you can chug, and they're typically faster.

You need 50 in the weapon skill you use so you can use Evasion. Highly effective to keep you alive and give you time to heal/run away.

Also you get confidence, i've fought numerous dexers on Test Center with this template and I can heal just with confidence and leave mana for offensive spells.

Bushi/mage is defense more than anything.

Offense you're looking at either Necro/Mage, Tank/mage (only if you have the right weapons + know how to play it) or a SW/Mage using pixies.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parry/(anat/wrestle) and Bushy/parry are my templates It really works best when you have 4 mages playing the same build that synchs on targets. Bushy is awesome because you can call your group to get explodes up, everyone can just pop an evade and go. Wrestle parry is nice because you don't have to worry about getting disarmed. I have one of each now for factions on different accounts, so I just swap in and out if I die.

Keep in mind if you are looking for solo play Parry/Bush will not get you many (if any) 1 v 1 kills vs. any template that chugs pots.

T

tarugobr

Bushido/Mage is a defensive template with high survivability.

Skills you need:
EI
Mage
Med
Resist
Bushido
Parry
50 in weapon skill

You can't use weapon specials... but if you get a good -mage weapon with hit spell on it, it's just as effective. Since you'll have 80+ dex when a pot has been chugged. You can use a Staff of Magi, you get a %block chance bonus since it's 2handed and you have both parry/bushi, but one hander is better as you can chug, and they're typically faster.

You need 50 in the weapon skill you use so you can use Evasion. Highly effective to keep you alive and give you time to heal/run away.

Also you get confidence, i've fought numerous dexers on Test Center with this template and I can heal just with confidence and leave mana for offensive spells.

Bushi/mage is defense more than anything.

Offense you're looking at either Necro/Mage, Tank/mage (only if you have the right weapons + know how to play it) or a SW/Mage using pixies.
do you mean pixie swatter?

thank you guys for the infos. im now working on it

T

Turdnugget

What Chaosy said. With spellweaving you can cast Summon Fey (pixies) depending on what level focus you have, you can summon more in one spell.

They are nasty little buggers. Just like the ones in Ilsh. You can summon up to 4 (if mounted) they can guard, follow, kill. They last anywhere from 1-5mins depending on level of focus.

Using these can act as having 4 other mages on your side for one target. They do have weak HP, and can be killed/dispelled easy, but can do some crazy damage/interrupting.

R

RichDC

I actually quite like the Bush/tactics/mage, i have one in factions and he was doing pretty well in a group...not so sure how affective hed be solo yet only time will tell.

T

tarugobr

I actually quite like the Bush/tactics/mage, i have one in factions and he was doing pretty well in a group...not so sure how affective hed be solo yet only time will tell.
could you give me any advice?
thanks

L

Larry

I'm cuirous about stats for a bokuto mage. You obviously need decent dex.

I'm thinking....

100 Str
55 Dex
100 Int

Thoughts?

C

Chaosy

Yes, 15 dex would work as long as you can regen the stamina fast enough and carry a lot of refresh potions. I generally have around 30 dex on my mages.