• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Needing a little expert Triton advice please.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello all. I must start by being clear that I know virtually nothing about taming or pet training, so I'm hoping to get a couple suggestions. I bought this Triton back in 2020 and it has been sitting in my stables ever since collecting dust. Am getting a little bored with my normal 'smack monster in face' routine and thought maybe I'd try some pet fighting.

When I looked at the build, and comparing it to some others that I've seen posted I wondered what I should focus my remaining training points into to maximize it's abilities.

1678129903928.png 1678129924228.png 1678129943277.png 1678129957316.png 1678129972569.png 1678129986451.png 1678130003083.png 1678130016030.png 1678130029690.png 1678130044935.png 1678130062817.png

So I have 200 points available that I can work with. Looking for ideas as to where I should focus them. Heck, I don't even know how to use them, but I do see a few areas that are lacking in comparison to other tritons I have seen. Anything you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Ax.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
More HP will never hurt anyone. More Mana too.
But you'd better use it and check yourself. With FWW pet will be out of Mana right at the first several blows. Only Zippy need Mana as low as possible.

mihali

Sage
I would be willing also to tell you that mana of 125 in this pet is way sub-par. Mana should be at 500-550 level in this specific pet due to the specs. Whatever you have left few points on Hit points. Don't put all points on hit points and nothing on mana, as it will ruin this otherwise superb pet, probably worth 500 m on scrolls alone, not to mention massive skilling training that the pet has had, real total value close to 1 plat if you put everything together. My vote is mana to 500+, if you have some leftover points stay region to 7-10, rest on hit points. Hit points not the most important stat as these heal selves plus you heal/magic heal them, not to mention the "consume" mastery. I hope this helps.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use all in Mana. 700Hp is more than enough. Pet will have 525 Mana.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks very much to all of you. I had a feeling mana would be a main focus but wasn't sure where to stop.

Also not sure if the 5 Stam regen is adequate as I really don't use pets. This is a new adventure for me! :)

General census so far, mana to 500 plus.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks very much to all of you. I had a feeling mana would be a main focus but wasn't sure where to stop.

Also not sure if the 5 Stam regen is adequate as I really don't use pets. This is a new adventure for me! :)

General census so far, mana to 500 plus.
I you had enough spare points for Stam Regen also then I would say that first then Mana.

You could have 280 more mana and 5 more Stam regen.

405 Mana 10 SR.

mihali

Sage
I think you will have a lot of fun with this one. One thing only: Watch out for when it casts EoO chiv spell, since it will take a lot of damage (2x) from other spawn, so watch for its hps, if it is in trouble, from this have a way out, like recall to a more remote spot and log off log on to move it out, heal, then back again. This would not happen easily since this pet is a real beast, but could happen in places like destard or some of the spawns. Its all in the tamers tactics and how you have a plan B etc. Nice pet, really and 700 hps is also awesome and plenty.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually it looks a lot like mine. Still has points for 120 scrolls.

1678165493439.png 1678165601016.png 1678165679384.png 1678165713629.png

He has been doing the Dynamic Spawns and Dungeons since he was built. 384 Mana works fine.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wanted to check in and thank everyone again for the information and advise on this guy. Been playing around with it the last 2 days now.

I must say, this is like hitting the easy button. An absolute Beast.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wanted to check in and thank everyone again for the information and advise on this guy. Been playing around with it the last 2 days now.

I must say, this is like hitting the easy button. An absolute Beast.
Yup, Tamers can do so much more than we could before, with much less effort.

Basically everything but Paroxymus.

Last edited: