• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need triton advice

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm quite rusty with my taming, and could use some advice. I'm running a mage/tamer and tend to mainly depend on e-bolts and death rays, so uo-cah's Discordance/Conductive Blast build is quite attractive. But I'd also like to build a different triton that's at least some variation on a Chivalry/Armor Ignore/Frenzied Whirlwind build, unless anyone can suggest something better. (Assume that I'll be scrolling to 120 in anything that needs it, regardless of the scroll price.)

These are the two best tritons I've pulled. The top one rated a 70% intensity, the bottom one a 76%. (I'm not sure quite why; the top one *looks* like the better one to my untrained eye.)

So, what would you do with these, and which one would you use to build each of the two builds?

Thanks,
Brian

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I have a CB/Discord Triton on my necromage tamer. He does pretty good. Right now his discord skill is at 102, I think he'll be better with higher discord skill, takes quite awhile to train it up.

I have a AI/Chiv Triton on my discord tamer, he does very well too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either has room for a Passive and Active magic.

You can browse here. A lot of the pics went poof.

Triton Builds

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm running a mage/tamer and tend to mainly depend on e-bolts and death rays, so uo-cah's Discordance/Conductive Blast build is quite attractive.
Honestly, i'm kind of surprised that i wasn't credited in that article as the creator of the Death Ray Tamer/Mage © template (i even add the copyright symbol as a joke), that utilizes the Disco/CB Triton synergy.
If you go for Disco+CB, then put Disco on first, and leave CB off of it until the Triton reaches 120.0 Disco. Disco becomes MUCH harder to train if the Triton is spending it's mana spamming CB instead of Disco. A Triton can go all the way up to 120.0 Disco in the Acid Slug pit at the entrance of the Underworld. Just run Empowerment/Consume Damage on the Triton, run Whispering on cooldown, and let the Triton go nuts on all the Acid Slugs for hours upon hours on end.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Honestly, i'm kind of surprised that i wasn't credited in that article as the creator of the Death Ray Tamer/Mage © template (i even add the copyright symbol as a joke), that utilizes the Disco/CB Triton synergy.
Considering Khyro was the tamer you originally saw testing death ray on Test Center in destard... perhaps you are copying him ;) We have long used and understood synergistic builds. Just because you repeatedly post about it on the forums does not mean someone else didn't think about it on their own before you.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering Khyro was the tamer you originally saw testing death ray on Test Center in destard... perhaps you are copying him ;) We have long used and understood synergistic builds. Just because you repeatedly post about it on the forums does not mean someone else didn't think about it on their own before you.
Lol. As soon as the new Mastery system came out on TC, i spent a ridiculous amount of hours vigorously testing the Masteries. Hell, i even wrote the earliest guides on them, which are pinned in the ToL sub-forum. Need to make an updated guide for Masteries one of these days, since they've finalized them and a lot more is understood about how they work now.

Because i did the initial Mastery testing, as soon as i saw they made Slayer Spellbooks apply to Death Ray, i instantly understood how powerful it could be. Then later, when the Pet Revamp came to TC and i saw what Conductive Blast did, i immediately understood how it could synergize with Death Ray for ridiculous damage. Disco+CB Unicorns and Cus were the pet for the Death Ray Tamer/Mage © before Tritons came out.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I like the idea of this build a lot. I run disco on one of my tamers so i would for go disco on the pet. With that said, should i go chiv instead or just leave it cb solo? Any thoughts on something to synergize with cb besides disco? I use two tamers, one with peace/disco running peace mastery. Other with eval/vet/med. Im thinking of two chiv cb pets or one chiv cb and one feint cb. Tough decisions...great work seeing this build to anyone who saw it. I have a blast with fire beetles rc, disco, corpse skin for dirty flame strikes.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the idea of this build a lot. I run disco on one of my tamers so i would for go disco on the pet. With that said, should i go chiv instead or just leave it cb solo? Any thoughts on something to synergize with cb besides disco? I use two tamers, one with peace/disco running peace mastery. Other with eval/vet/med. Im thinking of two chiv cb pets or one chiv cb and one feint cb. Tough decisions...great work seeing this build to anyone who saw it. I have a blast with fire beetles rc, disco, corpse skin for dirty flame strikes.
My Disco/Tamer usually utilizes either a RC+AI+Poison (wish i left the Poison off) Fire Beetle, or a Chiv+AI 100% Energy Platinum Drake in combination with my Death Ray Tamer/Mage's © Disco+CB Triton. The Disco/Tamer runs Taming Mastery for Consume Damage, and his pet tanks enemies that deal Physical damage.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah both my RC+AI beetles have poison.doh! If there is enough rc beetles throwing inferno in there can drop that resist even lower. I was looking at the 100% energy drake but it cant get cb. I feel im going to want two cb pets to maximize up time. Just curious, dont you think i should run peace master for increased MR on pets? Is it a cap at 30 or something? So far my plan is this, two tritons (ill prolly make three for it) one with chiv cb and one with feint cb. Feint cb will be on eval mage so he can use consume while also getting bard buffs. Plan will be to not use consume and use E-bolt and deathray as much as possible. Wish there were more energy based pets! Ill also make another cb chiv triton on eval tamer just for extra dps when tankyness is not needed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
dont you think i should run peace master for increased MR on pets?
Lore the pets. You can see the regens. They capped the HP regen from Consume a while ago.

The Songs help keep low slot pets alive during the first training. A Bard and a good Healer/bandager can do any 1 or 2 slot pet at the Crazy Mage with a few pet deaths. 40 min and done.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just curious, dont you think i should run peace master for increased MR on pets?
MR is capped at a fraction over 30.

as soon as i saw they made Slayer Spellbooks apply to Death Ray, i instantly understood how powerful it could be. Then later, when the Pet Revamp came to TC and i saw what Conductive Blast did, i immediately understood how it could synergize with Death Ray for ridiculous damage. Disco+CB Unicorns and Cus were the pet for the Death Ray Tamer/Mage © before Tritons came out.
And so did other people.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lore the pets. You can see the regens. They capped the HP regen from Consume a while ago.

The Songs help keep low slot pets alive during the first training. A Bard and a good Healer/bandager can do any 1 or 2 slot pet at the Crazy Mage with a few pet deaths. 40 min and done.
My window shows them stacking...

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Just a random thought, but I wonder if a sampire Triton is even buildable... :p

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just a random thought, but I wonder if a sampire Triton is even buildable... :p
Gonna need: wep skill, tactics, animal tame, animal lore, necro...then skill x. Vet or chiv probably the best choices. In theory it sounds fun but seems a bit too much of a squeeze to have general utility. Ive made a wraith archer tamer build that was pretty fun. I ran anatomy and healing using rings, bracelts and +20 archer hat to fit it all. My other tamer did all the pet healing. It worked alright.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Gonna need: wep skill, tactics, animal tame, animal lore, necro...then skill x. Vet or chiv probably the best choices. In theory it sounds fun but seems a bit too much of a squeeze to have general utility. Ive made a wraith archer tamer build that was pretty fun. I ran anatomy and healing using rings, bracelts and +20 archer hat to fit it all. My other tamer did all the pet healing. It worked alright.
Oh! Lol, I actually meant a Triton that *is* a sampire, or as close to the equivalent as could be made.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ha, i see. That question is probably better answered by others in this forum. Bushido, steal life, feint? Bushido, steal life, fzww? Swap bush for chiv? Sounds kinda similar to a sampire. Gotta love the versatility of the new taming system, even if most of the builds are "lacking" for certain content. If you make something weird share it!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have to be born in Tokuno to get bushido or ninja.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When people ask me about pet training advice, the first question I ask is, what do you want to or intend to do with it? It’s like a melee character crafting a weapon, they usually have an intent for it before crafting it. And then you branch out from there of what animals or specs would be most desirable to achieve that goal. There is nothing wrong with making just because so pets, but if you have a specific need or desire it’s best to start from there. But just like crafting a weapon, what mods you add to it affect its performance

Personally my goals tend to be to kill something as fast as possible and achieving that. I build a vast majority of my pets with that goal in mind.

When you say you want a triton like a sampire, is there a particular quality of the sampire that you are trying to recreate with the pet?

So i tested it and your right im not seeming to gain after 30. If you dont mind me asking what is the hp regen cap on pets?
There is no hpr cap on pets.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When people ask me about pet training advice, the first question I ask is, what do you want to or intend to do with it? It’s like a melee character crafting a weapon, they usually have an intent for it before crafting it. And then you branch out from there of what animals or specs would be most desirable to achieve that goal. There is nothing wrong with making just because so pets, but if you have a specific need or desire it’s best to start from there. But just like crafting a weapon, what mods you add to it affect its performance

Personally my goals tend to be to kill something as fast as possible and achieving that. I build a vast majority of my pets with that goal in mind.

When you say you want a triton like a sampire, is there a particular quality of the sampire that you are trying to recreate with the pet?

There is no hpr cap on pets.
Thanks for sharing the info. The site you guys have built is truly remarkable for a game 20 yrs old. Hats off to you all.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh! Lol, I actually meant a Triton that *is* a sampire, or as close to the equivalent as could be made.
Closest pet to a Sampire, is the Chiv+AI Ossein Ram. Ossein Rams innately have Life Leech (which heals them for a percentage of their damage dealt when it procs, different from Steal Life), and so the high damage output of Chiv+AI synergizes with it nicely. They don't have the AoE of a Sampire though.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was looking at the 100% energy drake but it cant get cb. I feel im going to want two cb pets to maximize up time.
With just my Disco+CB Triton, CB actually has a pretty massive uptime. Once he lands the Disco (or if the opponent can't be Discoed) he practically spams CB. I'd say it has like a 66-75% uptime. Pairs incredibly well with a 100% Energy Drake that has a 120 Chiv EoO running.