• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP PLEASE!!!

G

Can someone out there please help me? I only have 1 account and when I try to log into my account it always says "the updater could not update" this has been happing since i reinstalled the game from CD back in JAN. of this year. So I just hit continue and the game will open for me, but since last night after updating the game I can no longer get into 2 of my avatars. They are greyed out and says I have exceeded Avatar limits. So I read somewhere in a forum that I need to open the TSO.exe patch to get into my other Avatars. I look and I dont have a TSO.exe patch anywhere. I have look everwhere and even did a search of all files and programs and its not there. So where is it? And where do I get it?

I

imported_sedusa

Your problem seems similar to those in this thread.

I am still running the game from the older download which I am guessing is similar to what you have on the CD. My desktop shortcut shows this: "C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w -r800x600
in the target area. The patch you are referring to may be what you see in my target description. The -w -r800x600 allows me a window mode view when it opens.

G

If I uninstall and reinstall from web site everting will be gone again. My comp got wiped a while back and when I reinstalled everything was gone. No Sims, No house, No inventory, No simoleans, No anversery gifts. Nothing. I had to start from scratch. I really dont want to do that again.

I

imported_sedusa

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not wipe anything you have within the game all that info is on the servers not on your computer specifically.

G

<blockquote><hr>

my TSOpatch/TSO.exe is a document only no way to open it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remove TSO from your computer through Add remove programs in your control panel.
or w/e it is.

Your Avatars and their objects are saved on with of EA... not on your computer you will not lose anything (except probably in game emails)

I had the Download complete when I reinstalled in just about an hour or so ... so it will be faster than the discs where.

Burn those discs.. they'll cause nothing but trouble.

Good luck.