• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Some Help with a Template

G

Hey ... been away for awhile but I'm back now.

I'd like some advice on a Template for my Tamer. All I want to be able to do with this character is to "Tame" .... I will NOT be using it for "PVM" or "PVP"

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated ....

I

imported_Leto

Ok, how about this then:

100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Herding
120 Taming
110 Lore
95 Magery
115 Resist

<u>Hiding, Stealth &amp; Herding</u>
This allows you to sneak into areas with nasty spawn, pick the creature you want to tame (you can use lore while hidden too) and then herd it (also hidden) to a location where it's easier to tame.
Besides that, a stealth-herder is loads of fun!

<u>Taming &amp; Lore</u>
Pretty straigthforward really, you'll want as high taming skill as you can afford (scrollwise). You need at least GM lore to be able to lore tamable creatures but I'd bump that up to 110 for slightly better control over high-end creatures and ofcourse being able to lore any creature.

<u>Magery &amp; Magic Resist</u>
You'll need magery to be able to gate your newly tamed pets to the stables. Also for curing, healing and most importantly: Invisibility (invis can make lead-taming casting-creatures a lot easier). At 95 magery you can cast invisibility without fail.
Magic Resist is a great help when lead-taming casters aswell. There's nothing more deadly then not being able to move (paralise) while lead-taming a Rune Beetle.

The only real problem with a template like this is you don't have a whole lot of offence. With no vetting and only a limited supply of mana, even when using pets something like 'farming' Rune Beetles to find that perfect one will be a challenge.

5% Luck

Well If you want to TAME mass amounts of big critters then I`d say the warrior tamer! Now it wont make actual taming easier but, when Im out looking at animal lore sheets for the "perfect" stats/resist/skills I would like to go through more critters per hour. Hence an really good mare and a slayer weapon and chivalry. (note) no gates huh well if you SJ away to the stable log out an in again your new pet will be right next to you unbonded, nice trick!

120 taming (15 taming ring/15HCI 23 DI) 105 real skill woot!
110 lore
100 vet
100 macing
100 tactics
70 chivalry
100 bushido
+ whatever is left in to focus depending on jewlery/talisman usually around 60
naked 125/20/110 suited 150/20/130 ELF str/int/dex
This template can take down the mighty paragon cu side solo in a decent amount of time. In about 2 mins. I tame a fresh cu(making sure it has 80/80+ cold/energy) and grab up my trusty pixi swatter (fey slayer) 100% fire damage. No need for consecrate weapon and it has the most important special move for cu killing MORTAL STRIKE. It prevents the para cu from healing!

Just doing my part to keep the weald paragon free!

If your looking to make taming easier(casters) the peace tamer is the way to go.
120 peace
120 music
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 magery
120/125/10 ELF str/int/dex suited haha who need armor if your a peacmaker?

Expensive but all together the easiest taming around. Youll get the extra stable slots of a full blow legendary tamer and never get cast upon while taming! This has to be the ultimate template for the lazy tamer in all of us.