• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need some help with a possible 2011 Christmas event, R&PMM.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once upon a time… the Red & Purple Mini Mall hosted an annual Father Christmas event in December. It wasn’t exactly fancy or elaborate, but gave our fellow players the experience of visiting with a mall Santa. Many people loved it and it was a great deal of fun. The last couple of years, we have been having trouble rounding up volunteers to pull off such an event. Trust me… as easy and simple as this event looked on the outside, from the inside… it's a lot of work. Mainly from the event coordination hub… me, and the friend that played Father Christmas. Unfortunately, I don’t think we can find a volunteer to play that part this year, like we had happen last year. Last year, the Mini Mall’s rooftop garden was left as a holiday postcard, as if the event would happen… if it could have.

This year… we had the 10th year anniversary event. It was so popular and ran so hot… all the preparation work leading to the event, I had to take 2 days away from the game to recover. We still never found that missing ticket! So… I’m stuck thinking what we should do this year. It has to be something special, if at all.

Added problem… I have a donated East Facing Skull Carpet, 10th year vet… not everyone can use, clearly. They will run 20 million for sale and I’d like to sell it to help generate funds for another event.

So… I want to open this to our wonderful little community. Because I will need help, if it's going to be pulled off.

Should we have another event for Christmas?

1, I need to sell the skull rug… and will open up the event for gold donations, giving those who give a million or more full credit. Then, do another scavenger event… but it will be a lot different then the one I just did. :popcorn: Muhahaha… I’ve already designed it. Tickey-pixie-tricks.

2, If the Santa event can be done again… I’ll need some big help to pull that off, including someone to play Father Christmas. Again, full credit will be given to those helping. I want it to be more then just a R&P Event. At least with this, everyone gets a little something… not like the Stag that gives out very little to very many.

Or it can be a combo of both. I don’t know yet.

By the way… the mall passed it's 10th anniversary, but the first Christmas event was after AoS and after having to give up the original MM building, December 2005. Yikes! So many friends have gone since then.

Oh… nearly forgot. This area is for the discussion, but if you would like to vote in game, there is a ballot box at the Church of Candy, in pink. Just to the right of the steps. You can't miss it.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"...someone to play Father Christmas."

LOL, I'm tempted to volunteer; that could be a blast.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
"...someone to play Father Christmas."

LOL, I'm tempted to volunteer; that could be a blast.
One request if I may...

Please do not toss those Village Idiot boots on Father Christmas if you do take on the task. :D

*runs off to dig thru house to see what he can find that will help out with the event*