• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need some help, completely un-uo related!

• Thread starter Destroyer2004
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Destroyer2004

Well folks, i have been playing uo for nearly 10 years, and have loved every minute of it. No this is not an "i'm quiting post" but I'm looking for some help! I've recently bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend of 4 years and I am up in the air on how to give it to her. Knowing her well enough, I know she wouldn't want a flashy proposal, but more of something simple and creative. So this is where I ask your help. I have known the uo community to be very creative and generous over the years so I'm reaching out for you're ideas!

P

Prince Caspian

Well folks, i have been playing uo for nearly 10 years, and have loved every minute of it. No this is not an "i'm quiting post" but I'm looking for some help! I've recently bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend of 4 years and I am up in the air on how to give it to her. Knowing her well enough, I know she wouldn't want a flashy proposal, but more of something simple and creative. So this is where I ask your help. I have known the uo community to be very creative and generous over the years so I'm reaching out for you're ideas!
This is really a topic that can't be answered without more information... what is special to her, for instance? Where do the two of you bond? Truth is, you will have to look inside yourself and the history of the relationship and I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect idea.

Also, this isn't really a UO Hall topic, but you have my congratulations. :)

C

Connor_Graham

Knowing her well enough, I know she wouldn't want a flashy proposal, but more of something simple and creative.
You're kidding right? The proposal is almost the most important part of the entire process to a woman. You want it flashy, original, and with as many witnesses as you can possibly get. For some reason the more you embarrass the hell out of yourself while doing it, the more they like it.

Go figure....:D

B

BloodstoneGL

I took my wife to a secluded beach island off the east coast where I spent the majority of my time growing up. I planned a nice romatic picnic and proposed on a walk on the beach. Do something that is "timeless and classy" rather than something stupid would be my suggestion. That moment will be a memory she'll never forget, do you want it to be a romantic evening or a monkey suited guy proposing ona jumbotron?

D

Destroyer2004

I took my wife to a secluded beach island off the east coast where I spent the majority of my time growing up. I planned a nice romatic picnic and proposed on a walk on the beach. Do something that is "timeless and classy" rather than something stupid would be my suggestion. That moment will be a memory she'll never forget, do you want it to be a romantic evening or a monkey suited guy proposing ona jumbotron?
I myself would rather be in a monkey suit dancing on a jumbotron haha. But I know this isn't what she would want, through some hints and conversation though, she want's something original, well planned, and out of the blue. This is where my mind draws a blank, i always thought i was a very creative person, until now! :lick:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this would help but if your looking for simple and unexpected, Ill share what I did when I proposed...

She had been wanting to get married for a while and even though I had just bought the ring I still acted hesitant, dropping hints that I may propose at the end of summer which was about 7 or 8 months away. Now we are college students, and I had a friend who was a photography major. So I had one of my wife's roommates say that she knew a girl who was doing a project for her major, and needed to take some pictures of "a couple". My wife's roommate then explained that she had told this girl that she had a roommate who was dating a guy and they would probably love to volunteer. So she gave this girls number to my wife, and my wife called the photographer and set the whole thing up. I planned ahead with the girl that was taking the pictures, and told her to say she would be available on 3 different days... 2 of which I knew my wife was busy, and 1 I knew she had wide open. So my wife sets up this appointment and then begs me to go and have our pictures taken for some student working on a project. I of course reluctantly agree. Our campus has about a one acre garden for the horticulture department which is ideal for taking engagement pictures, so I had the girl set it up to meet here there. We walked around to a few different areas taking pictures in different poses, then when we got to certain location, I told her I loved her, got down on one knee, pulled out the ring and proposed.

Now we are both pretty simple, low maintenance people, and I wanted something both semi-private, as well as memorable. This way it was a BIG surprise to her, it was pretty private, and we still have professional pictures of the whole thing. My wife didn't see it coming at all because she thought she was the one who set the whole thing up.

Hope this helps, and best wishes to you!

D

Destroyer2004

Not sure if this would help but if your looking for simple and unexpected, Ill share what I did when I proposed...

She had been wanting to get married for a while and even though I had just bought the ring I still acted hesitant, at dropping hints that I may propose at the end of summer which was about 7 or 8 months away. Now we are college students, and I had a friend who was a photography major. So I had one of my wife's roommates say that she knew a girl who was doing a project for her major, and needed to take some pictures of "a couple". My wife's roommate then explained that she had told this girl that she had a roommate who was dating a guy and they would probably love to volunteer. So she gave this girls number to my wife, and my wife called the photographer and set the whole thing up. I planned ahead with the girl that was taking the pictures, and told her to say she would be available on 3 different days... 2 of which I knew my wife was busy, and 1 I knew she had wide open. So my wife sets up this appointment and then begs me to go and have our pictures taken for some student working on a project. I of course reluctantly agree. Our campus has about a one acre garden for the horticulture department which is ideal for taking engagement pictures, so I had the girl set it up to meet here there. We walked around to a few different areas taking pictures in different poses, then when we got to certain location, I told her I loved her, got down on one knee, pulled out the ring and proposed.

Now we are both pretty simple, low maintenance people, and I wanted something both semi-private, as well as memorable. This way it was a BIG surprise to her, it was pretty private, and we still have professional pictures of the whole thing. My wife didn't see it coming at all because she thought she was the one who set the whole thing up.

Hope this helps, and best wishes to you!
Aww that is really neat!! Especially that you have professional pictures of the whole thing!