• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Need some expert advice on my Spellweavers.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I just finished the last GM Spellweaving on 4 of my chars on 4 accounts, and I'd really appreciate some input from you expert Spellweavers out there (I'm brand new at this skill). What I'd like to know is how much difference it makes (when the 4 of them get together to cast Arcane Circle) between them being GM or 120. I'd really like to avoid having them go to 120 (since there is no imbuing for Spellweaving)! Will 120 add a "significant" boost to spell damage, healing spell effectiveness, and area of effect spells to make it worth it?

My main purpose is to have Spellweaving on my Tamer and, since I solo her, she'll be the only one really using it for spellcasting.

Of course all input/advice is appreciated.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I just finished the last GM Spellweaving on 4 of my chars on 4 accounts, and I'd really appreciate some input from you expert Spellweavers out there (I'm brand new at this skill). What I'd like to know is how much difference it makes (when the 4 of them get together to cast Arcane Circle) between them being GM or 120. I'd really like to avoid having them go to 120 (since there is no imbuing for Spellweaving)! Will 120 add a "significant" boost to spell damage, healing spell effectiveness, and area of effect spells to make it worth it?

My main purpose is to have Spellweaving on my Tamer and, since I solo her, she'll be the only one really using it for spellcasting.

Of course all input/advice is appreciated.
I think skill affects the duration length of the circle and you do not need all of them to be 120 but just 1, the one who casts fhe circle. The other 4 do need to be "within" 20 points plus or minus so, at 100 would be enough.

The duration length for casting a level 6 at 120 skill is 36,000 seconds (10 hours).

120 spellweaving does affect when casting spells, though, so, it depends whether you just use 1 spellweaver or all 5 of them.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Popps stated, the only thing you will gain from going from GM to 120 will be more time on the focus gem and I believe you can cast WOD 100% of the time. As far as more damage and effectiveness of your spells, that is based off of focus level and SDI.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Popps stated, the only thing you will gain from going from GM to 120 will be more time on the focus gem and I believe you can cast WOD 100% of the time. As far as more damage and effectiveness of your spells, that is based off of focus level and SDI.
I must be dense... When you say that the "effectiveness of your spells" is "based off focus level" - what exactly do you mean by that? Or, how is "focus level" determined?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be dense... When you say that the "effectiveness of your spells" is "based off focus level" - what exactly do you mean by that? Or, how is "focus level" determined?
Focus level is based off of how many other people are on the circle within the +-20 point skill range of the caster. Max level is 6 and when you cursor over the gem it will tell you what focus level you have as well as the time remaining. Easy way to tell how much difference a level 2 focus vs a level 6 focus is to go pop a rat spawn (ish or fel it doesn't matter) and cast essence of wind. You will notice that with a level 6 focus you pretty much kill everything on your screen on the first level of the spawn while the area effect of the spell is much smaller with a level 2 focus.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Arcane Circle - Myrshalee
Mana Cost: 24
Minimum Skill Needed: 0
Casting Delay: 0.5
Duration: 1-5 hours (+1 hour per Focus level)
Area of Effect: Caster and up to 5 other arcanists standing within an arcane circle.
The caster and up to four participating arcanists must stand inside an arcane circle, abbatoir or pentagram. When the caster invokes this spell, a magically charged emerald (called an arcane focus) is created for the caster and each participating arcanist. The arcane focus increases duration, spell damage, healing spell effectiveness, and area of effect for the activator’s Spellweaving spells.
A lone spellweaver cannot create a focus. If cast on a pentagram or abbatoir (including champion altars) focus = number of spell weavers in the circle -1. If cast on an arcane circle, focus = number of spell weavers in the circle. If cast on the circle at the center of Prism of Light, or the recently added West Britain Bank circle, focus = number of spell weavers in the circle +1. The maximum obtainable arcane focus is 6.
The spellweavers must all be withing 20 skill points of each other to increase a focus. However, a spellweaver of any skill level can attain a level 2 focus from the Prism of Light or WBB circle as long as one other person of any skill level is standing in the circle as well.

Be aware: If you cast Arcane Circle after you already have a focus, the old one will *always* be replaced with the newer, so there's the potential to actually downgrade.

Spellweaving