• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Need more details on inspire

S

Sarphus

I'm trying to understand what constitutes a valid target for the inspire spellsong.

It seems that inspire doesn't work on my summoned collossus, so I am wondering if all autonomous summons are not effected by this spellsong.

Does it work on pets?

If I provoke a monster to attack another monster does inspire work on the monster I provoked?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is supposed to work on summons and pets, on provoked creatures i doubt it..I'm sure ea's best dev of late will confirm it soon. It works on my pets and party members.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
should work on your summons

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it works on summons, I use it always and the difference is easily visible :)

S

Sarphus

I was expecting a visual effect, so I thought it wasn't working.

I didn't test it per se... I just tried to use the spellsong while in a high spawn environment and I wasn't sure if it was working.

Thx for the information.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was using this last night while doing a corgul with a guildmate. I'm not sure if it was me trying to keep his stupid dragon alive or what but man the mana sure got drained fast. I never really did get to see what the damage increase was if anything, next time I'll pay more attention but the other guy was dying like it was going out of style.

Where can I see the math behind the upkeep increase for more party members?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there is no increase in mana for a increase in party members.

i usually run between 110 and 120 med on my bards with a 100 suit sporting 40 LMC and between 8-12 MR and i can keep inspire up indefinatlly.

even with casting side spells i dont find it to be a problem.
granted it sounded like you where spamming G-heals so that was probablly it right there.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I was running around 18 mr, 100 med and 90 focus. I'm not sure if the suit is 40 lmc, I'll have to look again. Without casting other spells I can just leave it or both spells running but this was a harder. When his dragon died and I didn't have to worry about it and just my wammy it was fine. I thought I had read about upkeep cost being higher if you had more party members but it was 4+ people/pets.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive never heard of that and i cant find anything in the write up about that either.

can you find where you read that and post a link to it if you are able to find it.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upkeep increases by 1 per 5 subjects the effect is being applied to.
(First 5 do not incur increase)

1 - 5 -> 0 upkeep increase
6-10 -> 1 upkeep increase
11-15 -> 3 upkeep increase

With GM Med/Focus and 120 prov/ peace, I can run inspire OR invigorate indefinitely, or both concurrently for about 4-5 minutes.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh see..... i dont have more then 4 friends so thats why ive never run into this.

*crys a little*

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya it was myself on two accounts, the other dude with two accounts and one pet. Did it again tonight with only my two accounts and one other buddy with another wammy and had no issues with mana keeping Inspire up the whole time. My suit is 40 lmc, 23 mana regen with 60 focus and 110 med, though I'm going to 120 the med and 50 the focus.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am shocked that this spell does not add to a dexxer who's at cap for DI. I was all hyped but none of my party was getting a bonus save for mages....kinda lame.

I've upped this guys temp so its 120 music, provo and peace, 90 disco. Inspire hits for 19 HCI/SDI 49 DI. Invigorate gives 23 HPI(which does stack as mentioned before) 11 str/int/dex which does not go over the 150 hard caps.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question for ya Logrus...with 17 mana regen and 40 lmc I can keep ahead of inspire with one pet like my dread, when I have 2 pets like my dread and nightmare i can't keep up with mana and loose it faster. According to your previous post:

Upkeep increases by 1 per 5 subjects the effect is being applied to.
(First 5 do not incur increase)

1 - 5 -> 0 upkeep increase
6-10 -> 1 upkeep increase
11-15 -> 3 upkeep increase

Does this not apply to pets?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your dread and nightmare count towards it as they are subjects.
You and your ethereal mount also count.
(I'll check to make sure I have the breakdown right on my last post as those numbers are from memory and may have changed after testing.

------------------------------------

Checked the code and its #of Subjects /2
Bard and his first mount follower are free

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Logrus is there a reason that inspire doesn't add over the PvM cap for players? As it stands I am seeing a much greater bonus for running the Resilience over any of the other spells in a group setting. 120*3 plus 90*1=9 regens for the group.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
picus, i saw earlier that u were gonna drop focus to 50. i might be wrong, but i think that focus works in multiples of 20.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your dread and nightmare count towards it as they are subjects.
You and your ethereal mount also count.
(I'll check to make sure I have the breakdown right on my last post as those numbers are from memory and may have changed after testing.

------------------------------------

Checked the code and its #of Subjects /2
Bard and his first mount follower are free
Ok so when i'm on foot with a nightmare and a dreadmare with no one in my party it is +1 upkeep? Not sure im understanding the calculations.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I was running around 18 mr, 100 med and 90 focus. I'm not sure if the suit is 40 lmc, I'll have to look again. Without casting other spells I can just leave it or both spells running but this was a harder. When his dragon died and I didn't have to worry about it and just my wammy it was fine. I thought I had read about upkeep cost being higher if you had more party members but it was 4+ people/pets.

Can you please detail the suit that allowed you to have so much MR and LMC ?

I have always found it as very difficult to maintain a bard mastery up AND also be able to cast spells for a fight.....

Thank you very much.