• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

need more clarifacation...

• Thread starter Truelilaznkid
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truelilaznkid

if this is wrong area to post... sry..
Why is there 2 TC3? whats the TC3 Test?

G

You would be best off to keep all your questions to one thread.

TC3 is the test city, TC3-test is only to test if your computer can handle the new graphics updates. If you see a colored worm on the black maxis screen when you login your fine, you might get a message that says you need DX9 or you might get one that says your card doesnt support pixel shader 2.0.

Oh and welcome back.

G

Oooooh I just tried this and got the message that en error occured whilst trying to load pixel shader 2.0.

Does that mean I need a new graphics card or was it just an error??

G

I think that means your card doesnt support Pixel Shader 2.0 and you will need to upgrade. There is a list here of Graphics Cards that have been shown to work so far.

G

It is not an error, but it may not mean you need to buy a new card, either....yet.

First make sure you have the latest upgrades to your video/graphics card. Then download the latest DirectX version....or at least DirectX 9.

Here is Uri's original post in the Blog with full explanation and instructions on how to test the new graphics.

And here is the sticky thread in the Tech forum, which is where you should direct future questions and discussion on your graphics card.

Locking this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.