• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Info on Trading Homes Please

A

Aboo

It’s been so long since I placed, traded or anything with a house that I am rusty in my knowledge.

My sister has 2 accounts. One house was condemned, the other fine. We transferred the condemned house to the account that already owns a house that was not condemned. The condemned house is now okay. We tried to transfer the newly condemned house (from having transferred the original condemned house to it while already owning a house) but we get the message that you have to wait 132 hours before we can trade the house to that account.

I was under the obviously incorrect idea that as long as you had not just placed a house with that account, that it could take a house. Can no account can turn around and accept a house if it were a house owner that just traded away it’s house?

I hope this is more understandable than I think it is.

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They changed the housing rules. If you place or trade a house, you cannot place or trade another house in 7 days. So, the order of trading and placing becomes important. For example, I placed a house 7 days ago. I place a house today and my house goes condemned. I can trade my condemned house to another player, but I cannot receive a house in trade or place another house for 7 days. If I traded my house before I placed the other one, I would be stuck with a 7 day waiting period.

I'm not quite sure, but I think even if you demolish the condemned house, you cannot trade or place.

Here is a some information on the changes:
UO Stratics *New* | Housing Rules