• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need Info on High Seas

Miretar

Journeyman
I am looking for more info than wonderful new ships, cannons, new fish etc. we hope to set sail today and have no idea what to do.

Miretar

Journeyman
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone for the links on High Seas.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to point out to Origins that for new and returning players getting info on High Seas that I needed to:
1. Go on the Stratics forums to get this info.
2. This info is spread across 7 links
3. That after this supplement has been available for over a decade, there is still no coordinated information on the UO site on High Seas. A “Getting Started on High Seas Guide” would be incredibly useful. I realize that we are supposed to explore, but everyone’s free time becomes more limited with each passing year. The archived info on the High Seas release boiled down to new ships, cannons, new fish etc new monsters, new quests etc. A little more detail would have been helpful.
I gather that I’m just supposed to get on my ship and take my chances?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I also wanted to take the opportunity to point out to Origins that for new and returning players getting info on High Seas that I needed to:
3. That after this supplement has been available for over a decade, there is still no coordinated information on the UO site on High Seas. A “Getting Started on High Seas Guide” would be incredibly useful. I realize that we are supposed to explore, but everyone’s free time becomes more limited with each passing year. The archived info on the High Seas release boiled down to new ships, cannons, new fish etc new monsters, new quests etc. A little more detail would have been helpful.
If you're on Origin i can take you out

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In return I would like to point out that the links I supplied are all ON uo.com. Also uo.com also has forums. That you came to Stratics was your decision. I merely brought the information here. I could, and would, have supplied it on the official forums if you had asked there. Alternately you could have found it where I did, on the uo.com player wiki.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

In addition to the guides Petra posted (which are the 3rd google result for me) this one was the 5th on google: Ultima Online Publish 104: Rising Tide Event Guide *Updated* | uo-cah.com

Miretar

Journeyman
In return I would like to point out that the links I supplied are all ON uo.com. Also uo.com also has forums. That you came to Stratics was your decision. I merely brought the information here. I could, and would, have supplied it
That is true—they were all on the UO site in different locations and not under the general settings of High Seas. My point is that to get the information on the supplement I had to look in 7 different places.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is true—they were all on the UO site in different locations and not under the general settings of High Seas. My point is that to get the information on the supplement I had to look in 7 different places.
Why back in our day sonny we had to ask Reeves

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Wiki is made as things enter the game. High Seas did not bring all of these changes. It only allows you to get on the new ships which they sure do not feel new anymore.
So every time a new update comes a new Wiki page is made.

The cah page was made when The Rising Tide Event Arc began. So they can compile all the things up until that point.

The Cargo and Beacons started in 2019. Those are part of an event that is left ON.

They could turn that event off and returning players would see none of it.

Things change in UO a lot. Things turn on and off. You can not have everything on one page because parts could end.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it seemed pretty easy to me fo find the info, here, let me show you (click me!)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it seemed pretty easy to me fo find the info, here, let me show you (click me!)
Man I love that site. I use it at work all the time. If you are emailing your company IT guy about how to do something in MS Office. You should probably expect it.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UO-CAH is good for new content. Also, The Fishing Council of Britannia has a small Discord channel where we post links to information and you can ask specific questions:

Welcome to the Seas!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is a non-sampire melee build terrible for hunting pirates?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is a non-sampire melee build terrible for hunting pirates?
Any range attack build as you want to kill the orcs as you are shooting the ship but if you want to just take damage until it's scuttled then board and kill them you can