• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need info about famous illegal items.

• Thread starter imported_Chad Sexington
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Chad Sexington

No, not on how to get them or how to make them.

I need the info to use for my game that I've been working on for the past year and a half.

I'm interested in any unique illegal items with insane mods and the names of the items.

One item in particular are a set of 100% LRC sandals. From what I know, they were supposed to be for Dev testing purposes only and somehow got out into the public. They were promptly deleted and the players found possessing them were banned. Does anyone know the name of the sandals? Or were they just generically named sandals with the mod?

Are there any other items that you know of?

I guess I could always do a html item (if there are any famous ones)?
Or maybe do a scammer's labeled Scrapper's Compendium.

The point is to add some items that are very rare and are easter eggs in the game and to be recognizable (for some). Instead of just making up random crap that no one really cares about.

G

How about Cythloth the Ferryman's Shroud and Staff? Remember when those two got out? Devs smashed anyone caught with them within about a day.

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

yeah there was a bug a while back where u could make dark wood armor peices have like 600 resists each peice,,,, i found one in an idoc nd turned it into a gm. he was nice enuff to give me a mill gold check for it
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/tiggertessa/Capture_11222006_053912.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I also found some that some guy droped in a chest at britain bank on Atlantic, quickly paged a GM and they did nothing so I sold for a quick 35m just to get rid of them

G

In the recent Magincia Invasion, the devs set up walls and barricades around the city and placed "Royal Archers" on top of these walls. Someone discovered they were killable and lootable... these archers apparently had pretty powerful mods on their bows. Anyone have a screenshot?

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am not mistaken all of these were deleted, so I doubt anyone thought of getting a screen

T

TheGwy

I killed all of them myself but all the bows were blessed and not lootable

T

TheGwy

Well shard I played, saw archers were killable and checked bows and nearly passed out so killed all of them but bows were all blessed and I got ummm nothing

Maybe shard youre on archers had lootable bows

P

prison bound

they were lootable; id guess the leftover bows were then made blessed to avoid the problem again

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Hm... the Darkwood Armor might work. I guess most illegal items don't have proper names because they're mostly made by accident.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about Cythloth the Ferryman's Shroud and Staff? Remember when those two got out? Devs smashed anyone caught with them within about a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was rather sad, i saw two people who were ripping off others blind over 2 shards in moonglow with them and using the changeling bug.

T

tiggertessa2007

that was the event shrouds they were duping and selling in luna,,blue pink green and purple altho i think they had something to do with the dog u get from mel.. the weps tho i know those were made from changlings,,while taming a cu i watched a guy make a glacial blue pickaxe.

oh and just to add another cool item , that players still have to the list lets not froget umbra guard axes!!!

I

imported_Cysphruo

you should check out this link about gm corruption

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/plzhelpkorea

there were supposedly multiple illegal items made, including powder of fortification with 999 uses and jewelry with tons of mods like +99 taming/lore/vet

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about the various items locked in boxes? They aren't considered illegal anymore, but they were for a long time.

Step 1: Go to the island in Covetous or some such place where items like stretched hides, stone statuettes, etcetera spawned.
Step 2: Wait for right before server down.
Step 3: Cover the entire area with crates, boxes, whatever.
Step 4: Server goes down.
Step 5: Server comes up, all the stuff respawns. It has nowhere to go because the ground is covered in boxes, so it spawns inside a box.
Step 6: Log in, grab your ill-gotten goods.
Step 7: Run like hell.
Optional
Step 8: Find out that people are getting banned for having this stuff.
Step 9: Panic.
Step 10: Drop all of your boxes at the bank, axe them, have the stuff get permanently glued to the ground.
Step 11: See Step 7.

P

Philanthropist

<blockquote><hr>

you should check out this link about gm corruption

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/plzhelpkorea

there were supposedly multiple illegal items made, including powder of fortification with 999 uses and jewelry with tons of mods like +99 taming/lore/vet

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a little sceptical. Anything on that webpage can easily be forged and certain things can easily be misinterpreted. I do need to admit that I do not speak the language, nor have I played those shards.
I do know that the GM that sold gold and other items on eBay was fired quite quickly. But this was years ago. He was foolish enough to use his @uo.com e-mail address on eBay. Heh, heh.

I

imported_Cysphruo

i just found it an interesting story, you never know whats real and not since its a game, those items and pictures could have easily been from a freeshard

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

portable forges were always one of my fav illegal items. Obviously not a big deal anymore with fire beetles in play, but back in the day... very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea. I have smithing in the game.

What about items other than robes/cloaks worth 400m+?

LT Guard Sash
Vine Cords
Gorget... (name?)

T

tiggertessa2007

about the trapped boxes,,,a few posts up a guy mentioned u had to wait till server down (as i mentioned on another post, i use to do this and it was quite fun) u didnt have to wait till server down......this dosent work anymore so i dont guess it matters if i explain how it did... ok 1st u had to find an npc shop,,preferably one that had a gold lock box in there (because u rarely caught stuff in the ones that didnt) turn on trans circle, then u set the box on the ground i think facing the oppisite way of the strong box that was in the shop (i could be wrong might have been facing same way,,its been 4 yrs or so) any who after u sit it down u opened and closed it then locked it,,,u didnt have to wait till server up all u were wating on was a 10 minute or so time frame when the npcs would restock (like if they were bought out) apparently when they restocked a spawn was some how trapped in those boxes.... i got reverse runes once from them*a very good friend still ownes those* and u use to get unused tiles out the wazoo &gt;:) me being the little that i am saved up about 200 or so in one box went to brit at peak rush hr and chipped it in the middle of time square *in front of brit bank* it was mas hystaria!!! lol cause when u picked em up to put em in ur bag they simply dissepared lol......................like i said tho that was a long time ago and i hope no one gets mad for me posting that but i know it dosent work like that anymore,,,,altho there has to be a way still cause lamp posts sem to keep popping up.