• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need ideas for a fishing themed tavern or meeting hall

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am going to redo a house and make it a fishing themed tavern or meeting hall and I am not good at all at designing and decorating houses. Does anyone have any ideas that would like to share? Pictures would be a huge help!

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you have any Atlantic characters there are a few places I can show you as well. We have a guildie, Toriana, who just finished the most extraordinary optical illusion fishing themed house I've ever seen. But the poor gal - despite the urging of many of us - is shy about posting it here. It's an 18x18 but looks like a small tower from the outside.

The effect is more impressive in the Classic Client but she asked me to take the screen shot above in the EC because you can zoom out and get the whole thing. And now that I've posted it, evil person that I am, perhaps I can finally convince her to post the floor by floor [mind blowing] details in the proper topic here.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have any Atlantic characters there are a few places I can show you as well. We have a guildie, Toriana, who just finished the most extraordinary optical illusion fishing themed house I've ever seen. But the poor gal - despite the urging of many of us - is shy about posting it here. It's an 18x18 but looks like a small tower from the outside.

The effect is more impressive in the Classic Client but she asked me to take the screen shot above in the EC because you can zoom out and get the whole thing. And now that I've posted it, evil person that I am, perhaps I can finally convince her to post the floor by floor [mind blowing] details in the proper topic here.
That is truly one of the most impressive decorating accomplishments I have ever seen in UO, It looks spectacular!

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Wow I do not like illuision houses but that is so very cool I almost want to reopen my acc to go look at that have to be one of the best in game

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm still working on her. It's not that she isn't proud of it; she is. It's not that she's shy by nature....oh my, no :)

Just have to catch her on TeamSpeak as she's not been reading the UWF forums lately.

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much for all the feedback and compliments. This was such a fun project for me. As Ansel very aptly put, when I saw how close to the water the house plot was, the neurons in my brain went wild. I immediately started imagining an illusion house with a lighthouse set so it looked like it was on its own island. With my guild mate's permission and information, I went into customization mode and over a week's time finished up with the following project. This is the kind of challenge I love though so this was far from painful for me!
The first floor is the pirate's cave, complete with treasure, an oubliette and illusions of its own. To be honest, I saw a similar illusion on the stratics' custom house site and worked it to make it my own.

The second floor is the crafting area.

The third floor is a training/dueling arena.

The roof, both front and back is my favorite part.

Back:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards

.................................this is just AWESome Great work....and I would so love to see it

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow just wow. The illusions on the first floor are great. that floor on its own looks like about three floors. This is the best illusion house I have ever seen. I usually dislike them not because the idea isn't good, but more often than not the designer is limited by what he/she is given within the game making it easy to spot the illusion. THIS house is far from that. This is amazing. I hope we never lose these images. Bravo! @Tori855

/edit: I didn't mean to leave out the top floor in my compliments, we've all been drooling over those pics for a bit now. They are jaw dropping as well ;)

Brom Thunderstone

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hehe as I am the owner of this lovely thank you all for your comments. Tori created a lovely home for me while I was on vacation. I'm not the artsy time and when I try to deco in my own it's just 1 tone and stone. I very pleased with her work. I will consider opening this to the public for a viewing period.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aren't water tiles impassible? If so how do you get from one area to the other?
There's a teleporter to take you to the lighthouse area. The rest is actually firm ground though it does appear as if you're swimming just off-shore when walking in some areas :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There's a teleporter to take you to the lighthouse area. The rest is actually firm ground though it does appear as if you're swimming just off-shore when walking in some areas :)
Duh! I should have figured that out :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fantastic work. I always thought I could build nice houses. But I am a noob compared to you!

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eaerendil, I really like Herman's Toothrot's Retreat and Bar. I like the rustic theme and the grass mats and roof. I seems fitting for an island retreat. I also like your attention to detail, like the dead fish and shells, the bear and cougar trophies and the plants. Nicely done!

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will be attempting a similar house on an island on Legends. Will post updates when it is completed.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW........your house looks amazing! I own two island houses, both are similar in style but one is larger than the other. When I originally did the first/original island, I tried to make it a mountain type lighthouse. I have not really played in about 10 months but seeing your design has me seriously thinking about redoing one of the islands. I am in the middle of closing on a house in real life but after I get settled in, probably after christmas, I would love some pointers. *smiles*.

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the rustic feel of your design and the attention to detail you put into it. I like the banana trees with the hoards of bananas under it, the lobster and the fish on the bar, and the torches along the railings. I also like the walkways on the top floor. Would you mind if I borrow some of your ideas?

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the design for my lightkeeper's cottage (with a pirate den in the cliffs) in Ter Mur on Atlantic. I copied much of the bottom floor of the lighthouse design posted above from this one. Pirate den.PNG
Pirate den first floor.PNG
Pirate den second floor.PNG
Pirate den third floor.PNG