• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with PVP & PVM pet builds

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hi all,

Iv'e made a fair few builds but would like some advice on what people think the best set up for PvP and PvM for a CU is.

When I say PVM more champ spawns.

Sorry should have said this is for a Archer Tamer

Thanks in advance

Trill

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot depends on the character template, but I think there are better base pets for spawning than a Cu. To me the lesser hiryu base mana regen is better than the Cu healing. Just my opinion.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

Iv'e made a fair few builds but would like some advice on what people think the best set up for PvP and PvM for a CU is.

When I say PVM more champ spawns.

Sorry should have said this is for a Archer Tamer

Thanks in advance

Trill
Yup lesser is better. But you can always just make a scrolled up Cu that has armor ignore only. It works great at spawns.

I also have taken a Cu with AI and Coductive blast.

Tank Cu Sidhe

Like that one but dont max the HP like i did. I made a better one with 800HP.

But both work fine.

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Pawain Thanks for your advice on the Coductive blast build, I'll give that one a go.

Any good tips on a CU pvp build?

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A lot depends on the character template, but I think there are better base pets for spawning than a Cu. To me the lesser hiryu base mana regen is better than the Cu healing. Just my opinion.
Is it absolutely proven that it is infact increased mana regen that is keeping there mana healthy? From my testing certain pet AI's and their default moves are the reason their mana is depleted so quickly and the perfect example is the Cu Sidhe.

I like variety and I hated how UO made the Greater Dragon too good you'd be stupid not to use it and at a glance it looks like you'd be stupid to ignore the lesser or beetles. However I have proven the Nightmare to be a great nox mage pet (training poisoning then back to magery) imo a great 5 slot pet for pvp/pvm, Unicorn is even better but you are forced to be female and don't forget fire steed. Also for pvp 190 dex tsuki looks scary as f*** and a gargoyle with serpentine dragon pfft! The plat/crimson drakes fire/poison edition are super if you have discord+corpse, 100% poison/fire damage can't be ignored + you could buff that with Chiv+talon strike combined with high STR very very nasty and don't forget you can't teach a fire beetle a magic ability so drake > beetle (unless you need a mount). A 125 tactics cold drake has potential too, can be taught chiv etc, you can "correct" a Cu Sidhe/Reptalon but I'll stay silent on that for now.

Animal training is not so black and white (the system needs to be better for sure come on devs) and I'm happy I figured it out but god damn it's so much harder than imbueing, they need to improve quite a few pets though such as stygian drake, Ki-Rin, skree + more necromancy pets, mysticism is boring it's just sleep and more sleep it needs better AI, I haven't even tried spellweaving but i bet it sucks apart from WOD so that needs improving.

Screw lesser and beetles! Get off the wagon!

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like dread spiders for the poisoning and necromage abilities. It's a damn shame i screwed one of mine up though.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe @cazador can help you with a PvP build.
Best way to make a tamer PvPer is sooo simple. Log in to UO single click your character if on the classic client. Click delete character. Confirm it. Cancel your account. Orrrrr just kill sweet paragons and collect UO shineys, but only in Trammel. All kill no skill sadly :(

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Best way to make a tamer PvPer is sooo simple. Log in to UO single click your character if on the classic client. Click delete character. Confirm it. Cancel your account. Orrrrr just kill sweet paragons and collect UO shineys, but only in Trammel. All kill no skill sadly :(

Are you able to use macro's on classic like on the enhanced client? It doesn't look like taming masteries will help you in pvp but with fasting kit switching I'm confident I could make a good template that involves taming.