• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

need help with my template

Ironfisk

Visitor
Hello everyone, absent for a long time at UO I would like to update but a lot of changes in the game, I would need advice to update my template
of memory I have power scroll 110 animal lore and 105 taming

Skill

-Magery 100
-Medit 100
-Animal Lore 110
-Animal Taming 105
-Vetenary 100
-Music 100
-Discordance 40
-Peacemaking 40
-Provocation 20

Thx

Ironfisk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You want 120 taming and Lore so you have a better chance of not losing a pet. A 5 slot pet takes 108 to own.

Good Luck fitting all those bards skills on! You will need to make jewels for the skills you don't use for the Mastery.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You want 120 taming and Lore so you have a better chance of not losing a pet. A 5 slot pet takes 108 to own.

Good Luck fitting all those bards skills on! You will need to make jewels for the skills you don't use for the Mastery.
Yeah if you're just returning I'd go with either straight tamer mage (for simplicity) or pure bard tamer (as a support char for groups). I do have a bard tamer with tame lore music peace disco mage and med (low med), but you need a decent suit for this to keep aggro from 2-3 shotting you.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without eval your magery is not doing much damage. You can travel with a 90 charge runic atlas.

I don't know what a Tamer/bard would hold in hand tho. There are some players that have them so they can chime in.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Without eval your magery is not doing much damage. You can travel with a 90 charge runic atlas.

I don't know what a Tamer/bard would hold in hand tho. There are some players that have them so they can chime in.
Magery is more for utility, invis, cure,heal,teleport,dispel etc and my tamer bard holds max luck gear in hands. If really needed I carry a balakami staff as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Magery is more for utility, invis, cure,heal,teleport,dispel etc and my tamer bard holds max luck gear in hands. If really needed I carry a balakami staff as well.

Yup I'm feeling it. I took it off my Garg so I could do more damage in Ice. I miss it a lot!

But dude has 9 skills on his wish list that all need to be 120 (except Med and Magery)

Has to be some Tamer bards out there.

Ironfisk

Visitor
So I do like this
but I do above the points no?

sorry i'm really rusting

-Magery 100
-Medit 100 Drop 0
-Animal Lore 110 Up 120
-Animal Taming 105 Up120
-Vetenary 100
-Music 100 Up 120
-Discordance 40 Up120
-Peacemaking 40 Up120
-Provocation 20 Up120

Ironfisk

Rickspanish

Visitor
UNLEASHED
So I do like this
but I do above the points no?

sorry i'm really rusting

-Magery 100
-Medit 100 Drop 0
-Animal Lore 110 Up 120
-Animal Taming 105 Up120
-Vetenary 100
-Music 100 Up 120
-Discordance 40 Up120
-Peacemaking 40 Up120
-Provocation 20 Up120

Ironfisk
Thats a 920 template there. You will need to find the best items. I believe your jewelry would cost you alot of gold.

I know you can drop magic down to 40 then add 60 from the new book, and jewelry.

With 0 med your going to need as close to max MR (30)

Not sure what artifacts would help. The Mark of Trav might.

You could drop vet to 60 and use spare jewelry to bring it up to 100 for pet rez.

Just thinking of this build hunts my bank vault.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Well you have 920 points there worth of skills so that probably isn't going to work. 720 is the cap. I don't think you can fit that much onto jewels & items. And even if you could I don't know that you would get the mana regen and LRC from your special suit that you'll need to be able to cast without reagents and run masteries.
You will still want at least some med if you're going to use taming or bard masteries, which you will want to use those. You'll still need a high Mana Regen suit to handle that if your med is low.
There is an event "Tears of the Ice Dragon" going on right now you can get a +20 magery spellbook, that'll save you some points as well. You can also store a skill on a soulstone, like Peace or Provo to use one of them at a time, or Vet but then you would have to swap skills every time you need to pet rez.

Deschet

Journeyman

Linked the thread above since it's an active one with tamer/bard info.

I think it'd be helpful if people could explain the situations where they use certain bardic skills (and their masteries) when taming/running animals. Based on the responses, you'll likely have to pick which skills suit you best; not likely to fit them all into one template.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I would go with a disco tamer with a level 3 taming mastery.

120 Taming, Lore, Vet, Music, Discordance, 100 Magery (boost to 120 with Ice Dungeon book) and I do 20 hiding as an elf or gargoyle.

IMO Peace and Provoke are wasted points on a tamer... however, you could train them and have them on stones for encounters where Discord is less useful.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My .02?

No need to worry about the 720 skill cap unless you are running the Master of that specific skill. 820-850+ skill temps are EASY to get these days with legendary jewels. 900? Now that might be pushing it a little.

Also, I have tried almost every tamer temp out there now. For my money and ease of play nothing beats the Mage/SW/Tamer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it sounds like what they are saying is just keep the bard skills Music and Discord. Peace is not needed because you can invis. Provoke is not needed if you can control your pet and make him attack without getting surrounded.

So that gives you a doable template. Then you can get the Taming Mastery to help you train, skill, and heal pets.

Bard Masteries need 120 in all four skills to be awesome.

Mage 120 (or Less)
Taming 120 real
Lore 120 real
Vet 120
Music 120
Discord 120
Meditation what you need.

If you choose that route you can have many of your skill points on jewelry.

Imbuing Calculator

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So it sounds like what they are saying is just keep the bard skills Music and Discord. Peace is not needed because you can invis. Provoke is not needed if you can control your pet and make him attack without getting surrounded.

So that gives you a doable template. Then you can get the Taming Mastery to help you train, skill, and heal pets.

Bard Masteries need 120 in all four skills to be awesome.

Mage 120 (or Less)
Taming 120 real
Lore 120 real
Vet 120
Music 120
Discord 120
Meditation what you need.

If you choose that route you can have many of your skill points on jewelry.
The only downside to this temp is you are locked into only running the Taming mastery. Death Ray (mage mastery) is based on Magery and Eval skill so that would be weaker without the eval.

Med imo is flexible on temps now with how easy it is to build MR into a suit these days.

Liking Death Ray as an option and rolling around without a pet at times I would go:
Mage 120 - real
Eval 100 (at least) - real
Taming 120 - real
Lore 120 - real
Vet 90 - +30 jewls (group 4)
Music 85 - song woven mantel (+10 music) & +25 from jewls (group 1) [I would imbue the +10 on a clean MR3 jewel with having no med)
Disco 85 - One +20 jewel and on +15 (group 3)

This will leave you only having to hoard one legendary/major jewel (+20 Disco and 1/3 cast, sdi) and the rest should be easily imbued. For additional mods on the suit you could always drop the vet jewls off the main temp, have 2 +15 vet jewels in bank for stable slot increase when you need. Of course you will take a hit on the numbers when you vet.

Yeah, this temp will piss on the 6x120 purists.. but I am not a purist at all when it comes to that. I love my 800+ skill point temps.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I would have added eval for spells but didn't want to add more stuff. Not everyone can afford max regen suits.
Have to start somewhere. One of my guys maxs at 30 Med.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Disco/Tamer has...
120 Taming
120 Lore
GM Vet
GM Magery
GM Music (boosted to 120 with Jewelry)
GM Disco (boosted to 120 with Jewelry)
80 Med
He uses a crafted/imbued Ring/Bracelet combo with +10 Music/+10 Disco/FC 1/FCR 3/54 Luck.
I run Taming Mastery 3 on him to keep Consume Damage up, and use Discord to debuff his opponents. In his usual suit, he has 30 MR, so he can throw out some utility spells while maintaining Consume Damage and still regen back his Mana pool. In his Luck Suit though, with just 14 MR, his 80 Med allows him to maintain Consume Damage indefinitely, so long as he doesn't start casting heavily. His Discord skill makes his 120 Chiv+AI pets deal great damage.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i run a wraith form bard/mage tamer
120 taming (real)
110 lore (real). Dont do 120
120 discord (real)
120 music (real)
110 magery (with plus skills)
120 eval int (with plus skills)
Remaining points and plus skill into med.

carry a set of plus 60 necro items to go into wraith forum and corpse skin. I run a human for joat. I also carry a set of plus 50 vet items with enhanced bandages and aid belt when i need to vet. Never need to res my pet since i dont let them die.

Masteries is either discord or taming depending on situation. Majority of the time im focusing on max dps so i use discord mastery but on some occassions ill use consume dmg to keep pets alive.

I tried 120 spellweaving as a replacement to 120 eval int and both are good. I just prefer eval int because i can nonstop flamestrike mobs with slayer weakness.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello everyone, absent for a long time at UO I would like to update but a lot of changes in the game, I would need advice to update my template
of memory I have power scroll 110 animal lore and 105 taming

Skill

-Magery 100
-Medit 100
-Animal Lore 110
-Animal Taming 105
-Vetenary 100
-Music 100
-Discordance 40
-Peacemaking 40
-Provocation 20

Thx

Ironfisk
You're trying to do way too much with this template. Consider dropping two bard skills entirely.