• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with Install/Patching

R

revinance

Okay so here's the scoop guys.

Its been about two days of installing, patching, uninstalling, re installing, patching. Dont know what I'm doing wrong here.

So it seems the install goes through fine and whatnot, I'm installing from an AOS CD. While patching (I am running Vista and patching through administrator) it patches all the way up to 7-0-6-2.rtp. I guess 7.6? Anyways, at that point once it tries to apply the patch it says "UO PATCH APPLICATION MFC has stopped working". So I figure whatever, I should still be able to play the client with a non up to date patch. WRONG. I always get some kind of error, either "Error communicating with origin" blah blah blah. I've ran the trace program and it says my connections to both the patch server and login server are excellent. I've tried running the patch, the client, everything in compatibility mode. I cant get it to work. Suggestions?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try downloading the current installer from UO.com here. That'll save you a fair bit of patching and it might work a bit better.

If you still get errors, take a look at the patching error thread just below this one.

Wenchy