• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help with disco/tamer

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm training a disco/tamer and trying to figure out suit pieces. I got maxed mr, but what else should I focus on? I'm doing:
120 Animal Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Music
120 Discord
100 or 120 Spellweaving
60 or 80 magery
rest med.

I'm not very knowledgeable with gear so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm training a disco/tamer and trying to figure out suit pieces. I got maxed mr, but what else should I focus on? I'm doing:
120 Animal Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Music
120 Discord
100 or 120 Spellweaving
60 or 80 magery
rest med.

I'm not very knowledgeable with gear so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
You want
Tame
Lore
Vet
Magery
Music
Disco

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
or...

you could ignore the "purists" in game and realize 820+ skill point temps are easily doable these days. This holds especially true on the skills you will not be running the mastery in. The only skills you have any reason to have 'real skill' in are those.

That being said I would do:

120 Taming
120 Lore (including 16 skill point items - can scratch this and get Tame/Lore Mark of Trav)
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Spellweaving (if you plan on using WoD at any rate, fizzles a LOT with just GM)
120 Magery (including 42 skill point items +15 ring/brace & +12 scrappers with mage)
100 Eval (including 42 skill point items +15 ring/brace & +12 scrapper with eval)
*note - Tame/Lore Mark of Trav can be swapped to Music/Disco depending on which Mastery you want to go with, my assumption is you are going with Disco Mastery though*

As far as med goes.. With you already having a ton of MR on your suit that may be enough for you but you could always dump the Eval for Med.

Opinions will vary greatly and your playstyle is what matters most on the template and gear.

That being said. Not knowing your playstyle it is kind of difficult to go into detail on what gear you need. All of my Tamer/Mages have SDI on every piece they can. If you are not one who likes to cast then Intel/Mana Increase out the wazoo...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
you don't need 120 taming and Lore if you don't plan to use consume.
110with jewels is enough. Use less All Kill . Put pet on guard .
Use discord mastery in wraith form (human)
If your toon is support character you can have 2 beetles or fire beetle + Lowland Boura . 60 -80 taming will be enough. So can free some skill points for SS or evaint , or Resist.