• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Need Help With Archer Template

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have an archer that I haven't used in forever. I wanna know what the minimum skill I can get away with at each type of skill. I want to raise my Necro from 40 to 100 so I can use vamp embrace, doing this by jewels (40) and 20 from lowering another skill. Which of my current skills would you lower by 20? Please let me know your thoughts!
Current all natural skills are..

Archery 120
Anatomy 120
Tactics 110
Chivalry 120
Bushido 120
Spirit Speak 90
Necromancy 40

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can drop SS. I suggest you to get real necro so you don't lose VE when switch jewels.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I don't like Bushido on a Archer. It's okay on a thrower. On a thrower you can use momentum strike when target is in melee range. I've never seen it work for Archery.

If you drop Bushido you loose;
- Perfection
- Lighting Strike
- Double Shot on Yumi
- Confidences

The main issue with VE and Archery is no whirl wind and no momentum strike.

I'm presently working on

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry
120 Resist

Another fun template

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Chivalry
120 Necromancy
120 Spirit Speak

Must use a lvl 3 Book Necromancy Masteries.

The damage output of two Skeletal Dragons puts all other pets to shame. If your guided they eventually eat each other

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't find VE useful on an archer, and it's only okay on a thrower. I've been toying with both a bit over the last few months (see my separate thread about a thrower in this forum).

However, I love going into Wraith form on my archer. I have no necro skill... I simply will use the EC macro to throw on jewels with necro and carry a necro spellbook with +necro to cast wraith form - then go back to my regular suit. My template has 100 SS on it for the increased mana leach. If you're fighting something where you will be relatively stationary, you can string Armor Ignore pretty much non-stop as long as you're leaching back enough mana.

095 Archer (use the +20 helm and +5 quiver)
120 Tactics
100 Chivalry
100 Spirit Speak
100 Healing
100 Resist Spells
100 Anatomy
5 remaining points to allocate where you want.