• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Need help with all of it.

S

Starless

Ok...I am just returning to UO from a long break and I would like to make an imbuer, but I have no idea where to start. What all skills do I need to do it? How do I get/make a soulforge? What other skills could I have on that char? How does it work? Sorry lol I know im asking a lot of questions... just really interested in making one and would like to try!

Thanks!!!
Starless

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a guide in the craftsman's data chest, subforum of this, there's also quite a bit of info on stratics site.
Imbuing

Soulforges are made by carpenters with imbuing skill, you'll probably need to buy one, but to begin with you could use the ones in Ter Mur. Gather magic weapons and armor from monsters, treasure chests, your house? and unravel it for first gains.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a lot of differences in the approach to imbuing depending on time and gold and preferences. To do imbuing you will need at first more essence and residue than you have so starting from scratch and unraveling stuff is viable if you aren't worried about time issues and you enjoy that type of play. If you have lots of gold then your options are much greater. You can buy residue and essence and a soulforge from other players. Whatever you do you will need incredibly large amounts of gems and unless you have been stockpiling them for years you need gold to buy them.

What I did was bought the skill then unraveled and played around imbuing and followed the direction given in the FAQ in this forum. It's a great skill to have for crafting seems like the most important one. If you were on Pacific I could make you a soulforge. I made my own once I had a relic fragment or two. But prior to that I went to the public soulforges in Ter Mur and later the Queens forge. There is another forge in the Holy City but I never used that one much. Having a soulforge at home is great for unraveling if you aren't trying to get relic fragments.
My imbuer is a mage scribe carpenter alchemist tinker imbuer cook. LOL and used to be a bard but I didn't enjoy it so stoned off those skills. Whatever you do have fun doing it.