• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help to renew mt tamer th template

PageBoy

Journeyman
Atm my skills are:

120 magery
100 cartography
100 lock picking
100 mining
100 remove trap
90 animal lore (120 with jewelry)
90 animal taming (120 with jewelry)
with taming primer 3

Pets make damages and I heal them with magery spells.

Any idea to renew my template? Tnx

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mining is no longer needed the bonus for digging, the bonus was moved to carto. Taming primer 3 take much less mana at 120 tame and 120 lore.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
120 magery
100 cartography
100 lock picking
100 mining
100 remove trap
90 animal lore (120 with jewelry)
90 animal taming (120 with jewelry)
with taming primer 3
How I would do it-

100 cartography
100 lock picking
100 remove trap
120 animal lore (120 with jewelry)
120 animal taming (120 with jewelry) with taming primer 3
=540 points of 720, leaving 180 to spend.

I'd Soulstone off the 120 natural magery for use on another character and retrain it to 80. Then, use a +10 to +15 spellbook, a +15 ring and a +15 bracelet. Healing spells, summons, travel spells, etc. don't care if the skill is natural or augmented.
That leaves 100 for another skill, maybe more. Vet, Med, Eval, maybe Spellweaving as a second casting skill (Gift of Renewal is great when dealing with spawn for either you or the pet, and gift of life). Either of first three can even be gotten to 120 from bonuses on the jewelry or spellbook. Spellweaving would be limited to 100, unless you lower magery more (and theoretically, looted or event items could get you to where you only need 65 real magery - +15 book, +20 ring, +20 bracelet). Personally, I go with Vet, at least when doing Hoard and Trove maps solo (the spawn can damage the pet far faster than GH and mastery can replace, especially when you get multiple big dragons (AW/GD/FD) ).