• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Need help remembering how to play a Sampire

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Sampire used to be, and is still my favorite type of character to play. I just reactivated my Sampire account and decked him out with some gear I've been collecting/had remaining, and went out to beat on some monsters. However, I noticed I wasn't doing any significant damage. I think I'm just forgetting how to play this template, or maybe things have changed. I'm reaching out to see where I'm failing, as I'm going off old information in my head. Any help with play-style, template, rotation or gear is greatly appreciated.

The rotation as I remember it:

Vampiric Embrace form
Honor Target
Enemy of One
Lightning strike for accurate hits
consecrate weapon
Keep divine fury up
Evasion if I'm getting pwn'd
use weapon specials as needed
---Also have confidence, momentum strike, dispel evil, close wounds as needed---
---------------------------------------------------

Is there anywhere I'm going wrong with my rotation?

My current template is:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anatomy
60 Chiv
--I have Resist on stone--

Here are my stats w/ current gear:

Sampire Stats.png

Here is the gear:

Sampire Gear.png

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
template is alright so far.

gearwise you should aim for all 70s after vamp form (offset the -25 fireresist!), as much stamina and mana increase as possible and at least 40 lmc (preferrably 50+ lmc. use studded armor to get a 3% lmc bonus on each piece of ar). For soloing bosses you will want to aim for 45 hci and as close to 100% dmg increase as possible (for champ spawns you can get away with less in both).
For spawns your weapon should have whirlwind as a special move. For soloing bosses you should have armor ignore or if you really want to put in some time with crafting a special weapon, then use a weapon with double strike and make sure it does 100% damage in the lowest resist of the monster you're fighting to incrase base damage. I would recommend using armor ignore because it is more of an all rounder...either way, your weapon should be a slayer weapon to increase dmg (and thus leech more life and mana)

spells: get in vamp form, EoO, honor monster, hack away chaining armor ingores and use confidence and evasion as you need. Also make sure you keep counter attack up at all times. If you successfully parry you will thus deliver an extra hit to the monster. If you run out of mana for some reason you can switch to consecrate weapon and activate lightning strike and hope for a critical hit to replenish your mana pool.

for spawns all you need to do is whirlwind over and over until everthing on the screen is dead.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply! Looks like the play-style is the same from before... That's good to hear. I'll have to tweak my gear overtime as I get better and better pieces.

Thanks for the tips!

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
honestly the quickest way to a sampire suit is by imbuing one. use exceptionally crafted studded suits from barbed leather and make sure the crafter had armslore on to get extra resists on the pieces. To help with offsetting the -25 fire I usually use a looted head piece (no studded head piece in the game) with a good ammount of extra resists (at least 23 fire resist). Typically those head pieces are at least lesser artifacts. then I build the rest of the suit around that piece to get to all 70s after imbuing. On each armor piece (except the head piece which won't be imbueable) I put 7 lmc, 7 stamina, 7 mana and 4 hp. The 5th imbuing slot will either be used by imbuing a resist to max or if I'm already at all 70s then I will imbue mr 1 on to help regain mana after you died so you can recast vamp form and get back into action.
This kinda suit doesn't even require special ingredients and thus is rather cheap...

you will end up with all 70s (after vamp form), 50 lmc, an extra 35 stamina, 35 mana, 20 hp at the very least.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
correct! I forgot about those! thanks for pointing that out.

still I would recommend using a looted head piece to get the much needed resists bump!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Sampire used to be, and is still my favorite type of character to play. I just reactivated my Sampire account and decked him out with some gear I've been collecting/had remaining, and went out to beat on some monsters. However, I noticed I wasn't doing any significant damage. I think I'm just forgetting how to play this template, or maybe things have changed. I'm reaching out to see where I'm failing, as I'm going off old information in my head. Any help with play-style, template, rotation or gear is greatly appreciated.

The rotation as I remember it:

Vampiric Embrace form
Honor Target
Enemy of One
Lightning strike for accurate hits
consecrate weapon
Keep divine fury up
Evasion if I'm getting pwn'd
use weapon specials as needed
---Also have confidence, momentum strike, dispel evil, close wounds as needed---
---------------------------------------------------

Is there anywhere I'm going wrong with my rotation?

My current template is:
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anatomy
60 Chiv
--I have Resist on stone--

Here are my stats w/ current gear:

View attachment 49847

Here is the gear:

View attachment 49848
Rather than LS I would focus on Double Strike (if the monster has less than 50 in the specific resist) and Armor Ignore (if over 50) as long as you have the mana to do so.

Last edited:

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60 chiv is not enough anymore. The amount of bonus damage from eoo and the chance for consecrate to hit the lowest resist both scale with skillpoints used. You will need 84 chiv now to get them working like before. If you go for ai or doublestrike and got no slayer weapon, you need gm chiv or so for optimal damage. Doesnt need to be real skill.
Also some 1 handed weapons got a small nerf to base damage.
That might explain your lower damage output.
Also LS cost did increase from 5 to 10 mana, so there is no reason to use it instead of ai or doublestrike.

Agra-Lem

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
true, I should have mentioned I put 13 chiv on both, my ring and bracelet, which will get me to over 80 chiv. Also helps to cast noble sacrifice should you ever need to res someone...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what would a average jewel setup be then? HCI/DCI/DI/13 Chiv and some extra stats?

Sounds like I'm going to need to craft a few new weapons. thanks for all the tips!

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
HCI/DCI/DI/13 Chiv and some extra stats?
pretty much yeah. I mean it all depends on what you wanna hunt. For spawns you can easily do with less than a total of 45 hci. If you're looking to solo any of the big bosses, then you really need to max out hci and the other important mods. what are you looking to solo?