• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Need help of course...

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok so im wanting to make armor with 10 si as much mana inc, mr, lmc, then after that im debating on whether or not to try and learn how to craft woodland armor and get the hci and or dci through the whole reforging and enhancing process....my question: "Is this even possible?"....icq 600-424-712 or pm me here thanks so much

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes its possible. You need to craft the armour (from normal wood). Then imbue then enhance after using "heartwood" to try and get the DI and HCI.

Remember, when enhancing with heartwood the extra property is a random choice. Therefore it can take quite a few goes to get the combo you want.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im guessing your going to be a melee char with those stats so i wouldnt bother with the MR as youll have enough leech on your wepon and as your going wood your probably an elf so you get 30 extra, thats plenty with LMC and MI. Id go for HPI instead of MR [ remember the total cap for HPI is 25 across all armour/apron/talisman etc].

You'd need to find the thread about reforging to see what runic you will need and what to select to get the chance of getting 10 SI on the pieces first.

At a guess its going to go like this: Reforge normal wood with a runic to get 10 SI, POF, imbue 8 LMC, 8MI, 1 RESIST, and what ever HPI to hit 25 total, Enhance with heartwood to get the extra resists and hope for HCI or DI.

Best bet is to build a spread sheet to work it all out for you.

Thunderz

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also when making your base pieces if you are trying to get in as few resist imbues as possible make sure that you factor in pieces with little to no exeptional/armslore bonus point on. e.g When crafting the pieces for my gar suit I have done it so I only need to imbue 1 resist imbue to get all 70's I made sure I crafted a piece that let me imbue 12 points into fire resist i.e base piece had 8 fire resist, imbue to 20 then enhance to get 21. when working out the resists ispreadem (like butter keke) so that I am maxising my resist bonus from armslore / exp around mr arties, most melee chars start out with mace and shields so thats usually a good place to start from then build other pieces around them.

e.g. my garu suit base pieces (Special thanks to Nu Sair for his numbers!)
Mace and Shield 25/10/10/10/10
Torc of Guardians 5/5/5/5/5
(pieces crafted from regular leather to enhance with babred)
Arms 9/10/13/10/8
Chest 7/11/11/12/10
Legs 9/10/10/10/11
Kilt 8/8(20)/13/11/10 (will imbue to 20)

I then reforge each piece to add my 5% HCI , this leaves me with... wait for it.... 15 mod only imbues would have been 19 if I didn't add the HCI so by taking the time to get the base pieces right is what, for me at least, make a good finished piece.

couple things to remember, once you have got your piece and reforged remember the POF!! also dont even think about trying to enhance the pieces without a forget tool. this goes the same for any type of armour but i just put my stuff down here for reference.

Barbed gives 2/1/2/3/4 on each piece which takes me to all 70's