• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help identifying a horse

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I have this horse in stable for several years, Id like some help identifying it please.

Its 1 follower, untrained.
saying "trick" nothing happends (ofc)
Located on Europa shard in stable and bonded.
See stats below for more information:

Id like to know its origin, and if it has any value
Thanks

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Old faction one. You had to dismount a a guard with a bola then you could tame it seen them at 50mil and up.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Why would anyone want it? Just because it's rare? That thing will sit in someone's stable, taking up a slot for nothing. I wouldn't take it if it was offered free.

Frosty-EN-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Like most other rares taking up space with no apparent functionality other than collection and display I'd assume, haha.

That said though, I'd actually buy one. Just so I could name it "A Nightmare" and bond it to one of my non-tamers. (Kind of like how I'd also train and scroll the vanity pets and pretend not to be a tamer. I mean it's the rare gems that people want and cost lots anyways, though some random 50c rose quartz could fit that same spot and do the same thing on a ring.)

Might take it if someone appraises and you're selling.

Note that a lot of the things I do relating to pets are intentionally plain stupid though :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
That thing has stats similar to a rabbit or sparrow. Not even sure you could level it up with only 29 HP.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
That thing has stats similar to a rabbit or sparrow. Not even sure you could level it up with only 29 HP.
But it is a rare item, for collectors. People would pay mint for this. There are people in game with 5-10 tamer characters and gobs of stable space, and some collect items such as these, just for the fun of "collecting". They are not wrong or right.. They just love stuff like that, like the EM collectors and other rares..Just visit the UO rares forum in here. Your eyes will pop out when you see what some people pay for some of the "useless" items. They are UO-rich people, and they love what they are doing. My real question is OFF TOPIC--> How does one accumulate this massive 20-100 PLAT bankroll? As I am a pauper, I can never figure this out, evel if someone plays UO 24/7 for 20 years, I canno see where the UO $$ is coming from. OK maybe trading, but what about the original $$. No idea. But of course after 13 years I am just a NOOB at this game, I admit..:bdh::offtopic:

Merth

Journeyman
But it is a rare item, for collectors. People would pay mint for this. There are people in game with 5-10 tamer characters and gobs of stable space, and some collect items such as these, just for the fun of "collecting". They are not wrong or right.. They just love stuff like that, like the EM collectors and other rares..Just visit the UO rares forum in here. Your eyes will pop out when you see what some people pay for some of the "useless" items. They are UO-rich people, and they love what they are doing. My real question is OFF TOPIC--> How does one accumulate this massive 20-100 PLAT bankroll? As I am a pauper, I can never figure this out, evel if someone plays UO 24/7 for 20 years, I canno see where the UO $$ is coming from. OK maybe trading, but what about the original $$. No idea. But of course after 13 years I am just a NOOB at this game, I admit..:bdh::offtopic:
My guess is building up, buy low/sell high etc. also in demand items like 120 pet scrolls. Farm them and sell high.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Off topic as well.

I know back before AOS a miner could make a nice bank roll. I think i was makeing around 5 to 10 million a week mineing. And maybe a million a week off mobs. Then there was the very active tamer market. We did not have bonded pets so once one died you eather tamed a new one or went to market witch was Brit bank. GM smith where always at the brit blacksmith shop makeing a liveing as well. There where not many rares back then just the SB and seer items and items they added for updates then stoped spawning them.. I remeber paying i think 50 million for phoenix armor back then.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My apologies for derailing the thread. Was not purposeful. Interesting topic came um $$ uo gold. so will make a specific thread for $$.