• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help finding Stone Boots

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've been spending most of the morning trying to figure out how to get Stone Boots that I think I need to take on Navery.

I've been searching on Lava Pole, Lava Hook, Stone Boots, Stone Shoes ....

I can't find any significant info that tells me what to use and where to use it ... I'm pretty sure it's in either Abyss or the Tokuno Volcano .... but where do I get what I need ..... Poles? Hooks? Whatever?

Thanks ..... GR

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You fish them up from lava. I just buy from vendor search myself though.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You get them from using lava fishing poles/hooks in the lava in the Abyss. I usually fish the lava area at the stair case once you get to the lowest level. Also, the way I have found them in vendor search is by typing in boots and adjusting the price a little higher (1-2m)... sure I may miss some cheaper ones but at least I am not scrolling through 25 pages killing my time lol

*edit*

the only ways to get the lava poles/hooks is through the fishing quest/trade order deals or buying them off of VS as well.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll try playing with the search ..... no luck so far .... thanks for the tips

EDIT: Looked through all the "boots" on Atlantic and GL .... no go

Guess I have to do a funky a*s fishing quest

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't NEED to have them to fight Navrey - they just make it more convenient.

I've never had a pair, and never really saw a need (my footwear has bonuses I'd rather use, such as Minax's Sandals).

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I had read and saw a youtube video where the person got webbed and used euipped/unequipped Stone Boots to get unwebbed. That was why I was looking for them. Whats the deal if you don't have them?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have them you get "webbed" for a certain amount of time (I forget how much exactly) and can't move.

The other option is to use this: Acid Popper - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia but stone boots/shoes are the way to go.

Just ask in gen chat on ATL and I'm sure somebody will sort you out with some.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll post up my macro later when I get in game. It equips the boots to free me from the web and then equips my normal boots after. Its really handy for Navrey.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll post up my macro later when I get in game. It equips the boots to free me from the web and then equips my normal boots after. Its really handy for Navrey.
Yup ... that was my plan. For now I’m gonna do the Quest to gain entrance to the Underworld. Be nice if they didn’t make this game so tedious. And I’ll keep on eye on Atlantic Vendor Search ... I play on GL but I shop on Atlantic. I keep a character there to do the searches.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there any specific spot to fish in lava?

While I currently don't see the personal need as a tamer that's done over 100 Navreys without them, I've got friends that are dexxers who probably would find the boots useful - and they don't have fishers to try to get them, so I'll probably have to do it for them.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Don’t know about the spot to fish. I went to Atlantic and scored a pair of Stone Boots. Dodged another “drudgery” bullet