• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Macefighting] Need help choosing/imbuing these for my Sampire

JJMcClure

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided to burn through a bronze hammer trying for a decent war hammer for my sampire. After I dumped the junk heres whats left

Hit Life Leech 48
Swing Speed 20%
Damage Increase 51%

Hit Lightning 42%
Hit Mana Leech 78%
Hit Lower Defense 42%
Damage Increase 40%

Hit Life Leech 72%
Hit Stamina Leech 40%
Swing Speed 20%
Damage Increase 40%

Scorpion Slayer (Miasma)
Hit Chance 13%
Damage Increase 40%

Hit Fireball 38%
Hit Life Leech 71%
Hit Lower Defense 42%
Damage Increase 40%

Hit Stamina Leech 46%
Hit Life Leech 52%
Hit Lower Defense 50%
Damage Increase 40%

I really like #2 what should I imbu it with? Are the rest worth doing anything with? What are the basic properties the weapon should have other than high Hit Mana Leech? And lastly what other type weapon should a Sampire carry besides an WW weapon?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana leech, Stam leech are pretty much a must. A war hammer is going to need max ssi and some DI is always nice. other than that its just preference.

S

Stupid Miner

Most of the time a War Hammer will be less effective than a Black Staff, just because the War Hammer is much slower.

On the other hand... War Hammers just look awesome. :thumbup1:

S

Stupid Miner

General paradigm (pattern) for sampire weapons is:

Mana Leech
Stamina Leech
SSI
DI
Hit Lower Attack or Slayer (or hit spell or hit area).

However, if you have 100% or near 100% DI on your suit, you don't need it on the weapon.
Similarly, if you're using quick weapons and have enough stamina, you don't need SSI.
Technically Mana leech and Stamina leech might not be necessary with enough Mana regen or Stamina regen, but that's less common.

So, if you can forgo one or more of those "essential" properties, you can fit more inessential properties.

JJMcClure

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I completely agree War Hammers look awesome. You know some sh*t gonna got kicked when some one walks up with one. My only problem with Black Staffs are I dont have a runic tools to make them. I have sat doing the quests for hours,days,weeks and not a single runic. I did how ever imbu #1 and now it has

Hit Mana 66%
Hit Life 48%
Swing Speed 20%
Damage Increase 51%

S

Stupid Miner

Yes I completely agree War Hammers look awesome. You know some sh*t gonna got kicked when some one walks up with one. My only problem with Black Staffs are I dont have a runic tools to make them. I have sat doing the quests for hours,days,weeks and not a single runic. I did how ever imbu #1 and now it has

Hit Mana 66%
Hit Life 48%
Swing Speed 20%
Damage Increase 51%
You can use carpenter runics. Doesn't anyone sell them on your shard?

JJMcClure

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I see them all the time. Problem is I play on Atlantic so things are extremly expensive. Also I just returning from a 2 year break and dont really have much right now.

S

Stupid Miner

Yeah I see them all the time. Problem is I play on Atlantic so things are extremly expensive. Also I just returning from a 2 year break and dont really have much right now.
I'd suggest checking prices and farming Essences, whichever will give you the best return and isn't too hard to collect. Goblins for Control Essence are really simple with a Soul Seeker and a Goblin Slayer Talisman.

J

[JD]

Hit Life Leech 72%
Hit Stamina Leech 40%
Swing Speed 20%
Damage Increase 40%
Ok so the whole point of creating runics to imbue is:

1) Save on imbuing ingredient specials or relics, or...
2) Do things you can't do on non runic weapon

Examples for #1:

-Create 30 SSI weapons, saves 10 essence of (something), plus 5 relics. Thus a runic with 20 SSI doesn't help, because you still need to imbue it if it's a slow weapon.
-Create 'Slayer', 'Balanced', 'Mage Armor', 'Spell Channeling', etc items. These items all require 10 of some sort of special imbuing ingredient.

Examples for #2:

-Create elemental damage weapons
-Lucky dice roll to have weapon/armor intensity higher than 500

The most of those runic items you listed were kinda, well, junky. Given what Sampires need on their weapon. Just re-iterating what Miner listed:

SSI - Swinging at cap is mandatory for best performance. You want enough SSI to swing at cap and have a buffer.

Hit Mana Leech - Required to keep having enough mana for specials

Hit Stamina leech - required because as you take hits you will lose stamina and need to replenish it

DI - If 100 DI is on your suit, then you're good. Else you need some DI. If DI is rolled on your runic weapon, and you have 100 DI on your suit, that weapon mod slot is wasted.

HLA/HLA/Hit spell/Hit area/Slayer - Last weapon mod goes here

Weapon #3 is pretty much the only one which will work the best for you as a sampire.

You're gonna need to bump SSI up with imbuing to 30, requires 10 special ingredient and relics. Unfortunately runic didn't save you here. You'll also need to bump up stamina leech, you can have 44 without a special ingred. Modify DI as you like, lower it if you have a lot on your suit and need to save the intensity. Or if you have only a little on your suit you can raise it to 50. Anything above 45 requires a special ingredient.

Beyond that you have one weapon mod slot to play with. What are you going to use it for? PVP? Hit Lightning or HLD. Boss killing? Slayer or HLA. Spawn killing? Hit Area