• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Need advise on newbie Archer Chiv build.

PenNPaper

Visitor
Was playing around with a start up build that has been played to 70= Archery. Was figuring that I wanted to keep my Dex Higher that strength so the Starting stats where = STR = 24-0r-25, Dex = 45 + , Int = 18 Or 20.

My starting build
STR =25
Dex =45
Int =20

Skills where Archery around 30, Chivalry around 30, Fletchery around 30, And Lumberjack any where from 35 to 40 taking points from the other skills. In game train other skills, + focus, I think this is the reason my int went up quickly.

Starting off you start with power training with Lumberjacking and making shafts, which can be stored or sold to a store. It might take a while maybe even a couple of hours but your stats with raise fairly quickly. Power level to 30 strength.

The reason I did this is to keep my dex higher than my strength later on in game.

Now that you have 30 strength, You can do the archery quest for the bow item reward and the other skill quests for equipment. Also you can start farming feathers for archery. In New Haven there are eagles that have an ok feather drop. Note you have to butcher the corpse to get fathers from it. You can use a skinning knife of your hatched to do so. You can also try finding an area with chickens and turkeys as they turkeys have good father drops.

Lumberjacking and fetching is mainly for making your own arrows of crossbow bolts and does not need to be extremely high. As for lumber and shafts. Buying in store can be rather pricey and making your own can save you a huge amount of money rather than buying arrows.

Any suggestions or feedback?