• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need advice with my Fire Beetle

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I trained up quite a nice 93.28% Fire Beetle to slot 5
Thanks to @Pawain for his Instructions

It has AI/RC and 720 hp now. Scrolls will be mostly 110 (don't have them yet) but it is even unscrolled a good fighter.

I have room for Frenzied Whirlwind, but those 600 points could be +200 hp.
Or i could go with Explosive Goo

I play mostly alone and not the high end content (Roof, Champ spawns).
I think of using it for Treasure hunting, Treasure of Events, resource hunting.

Anyone got some advice for me?

PS: Here The Link to it's current Setup

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does have room for FWW and a 120 Ninja Scroll.

I do think the HP is high enough.

I would do FWW before thinking about Goo in this case.

See what others say.

mihali

Sage
If you are thinking spawns, the FWW would be better than goo, with all the specials you have on. You may want to try the beetle out on TC1 with FWW/goo etc and see how you like performance. Training these is a lot of work, so you hate to be unhappy at the end.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
AI /RC are for one target . FWW is good even if against one target (like some boss, Megusa for example) . Goo is low damage but awesome for gathering spawn around your pet . But you will need something to kill that spawn. Like your magery/weaving or Hit area on weapon.

Think more what will you fight . If you want one pet for more content go with Cu or a Triton .

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With 110 scrolls you can make one of each skill beetle. :)
You are so right :p
I was able to get my hands on a 120 Ninja Scroll and will try the FWW on this one.
The wrestling scrolls are a bit hard to get at drachs at the moment. Now i will need another 6 instead of 4. But i will get them as time goes by.

Thank you all for your advice

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll try it on the next one because the option is no longer there :wall:
Looks like you have to take it before RC

mihali

Sage
Large benefits from Beetles, and Firebeetle:
-Rideable
-Can get RC that cuts enemy resistances to half, and that is massive. Couple this one with disco on the tamer and wow..
-RC/AI or even AP :Nice single tartet combo.
-Blue beetle : use as storage at spawns / events.
-Fire beetle rideable plus 100% Fire damage, (By the way, the proc of FWW sadly is physical damage by definition, But, if against a foe affected by RC, does more damage, due to the 50% drop of foes all resistances).
-If Beetle gets in trouble mount it and run! Cannot do that with Triton.
Tritons have their own advantages, may require less healing since they auto heal (and heal you is you are nearby to them), but sadly they cannot get RC. Good thing with them is pretty Wres/Mag res, high movement speed (they dart across screen to enemies quickly) and they can do spawn with little to no healing while you watch them invisible. You can run consume on-off in Rikky etc, then hide/invis on off hoping pks will spare you.
Hope this helps a little.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Resource gathering mostly. Like hunting void creatures for void orbs.
The FWW Fire beetle was able to handle 2 Anlorvaglem, 2 Anlorlem , a stupid High Plains Boura, and a pack of Wolfs at the same time without breaking a sweat (running consume damage).
I still have to test how many raptors it can take on at the same time, but i think 6 to 9 should be no problem (a 3 pack it dosn't even notice).

mihali

Sage
Nice! Ty for info. RC works nicely even though it is a 1x1 cast. would be awesome if it was an AOE. I suspect it may "kind of" work like an AOE of sorts, based on the modus operandi of all pets, that hit one enemy surrounding it then next then next, rather than hit and finish off oneenemy at a time, unless the enemy is one-shotted. RC/FWW plus disco on the tamer, I' would like to try on some "bossy" creatures to show them who's the boss, lol.:)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I DON'T recommend Goo for beetles,
if you are in a guild.
It will make you grey in Trammel,
because the goo attacks guild & alliance pets.
(I do use one for fighting Krampus though,
because it works great on the minions)

FWW is great for multiple targets
(I usually put this on all my pets)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I DON'T recommend Goo for beetles,
if you are in a guild.
It will make you grey in Trammel,
because the goo attacks guild & alliance pets.
(I do use one for fighting Krampus though,
because it works great on the minions)

FWW is great for multiple targets
(I usually put this on all my pets)
I regularly run 4 characters all guided and the only time my pets goo hits other player or it’s pet is if I accidentally target a direct attack on accident. If that happens you do have to let the agro wear off, but once it does it goes back to not hitting them again.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I regularly run 4 characters all guided and the only time my pets goo hits other player or it’s pet is if I accidentally target a direct attack on accident. If that happens you do have to let the agro wear off, but once it does it goes back to not hitting them again.
I have had other people kill me in Tram, because i turned grey.
I use my fire beetle when we do Krampus &
it came across party chat, where another player (not in guild)
killed me.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
The area attack on pets is completely messed up imo. I see pets constantly going Grey and it bogs me down on my samp because of hit area at spawn drawing them to me. When I see my tamer friends at spawn I run in opposite direction... I do mainly fel spawns with non guilded ppl which could be big part of problem but a blue shouldnt be able to attack me unless que? Why does pet behave like an idiot? I would like to hear more opinions if ppl have solved this issue or make it better from fel, not guilded stand point.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The area attack on pets is completely messed up imo. I see pets constantly going Grey and it bogs me down on my samp because of hit area at spawn drawing them to me. When I see my tamer friends at spawn I run in opposite direction... I do mainly fel spawns with non guilded ppl which could be big part of problem but a blue shouldnt be able to attack me unless que? Why does pet behave like an idiot? I would like to hear more opinions if ppl have solved this issue or make it better from fel, not guilded stand point.
In fel it would be almost tolerable but in tram to think two pets are fighting the boss only to realize they are fighting each other or the two tamers involved is wack

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fel it would be almost tolerable but in tram to think two pets are fighting the boss only to realize they are fighting each other or the two tamers involved is wack
Or you are looking at someone else's identical pet and notice its not yours. Yours is a few screens away fighting something the goo attack made it chase.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
It's nothing new. No different then many things they never fix. You can only look for ppl who make it a little bit better to tolerate. Hense I asked for opinions. Can always learn something new.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Resource gathering mostly. Like hunting void creatures for void orbs.
The FWW Fire beetle was able to handle 2 Anlorvaglem, 2 Anlorlem , a stupid High Plains Boura, and a pack of Wolfs at the same time without breaking a sweat (running consume damage).
I still have to test how many raptors it can take on at the same time, but i think 6 to 9 should be no problem (a 3 pack it dosn't even notice).
I hunt Unbound Energy Vortex (UEV) for Void Orbs. Get Void Orbs, Crystals of Shame, Vials of Vitriol, and Void Cores from them, so lots of useful stuff. I use my Disco/Tamer with a RC+AP Fire Beetle to debuff the UEV, and my Sampire to dish out the damage (UEVs have a ton of health, and take half damage from pets/summons). My Sampire uses this Double Axe on them.
UEV Slayer.PNG

Running 120 Taming/120 Lore Consume Damage on a 80 Physical Resist pet basically makes them not only immune to Physical damage, but Physical damage actually ends up healing them through HPR buff. You can have 30+ Raptors (only 9 can melee attack at the same time) after your pet that's under Consume Damage, and they'd never be able to kill the pet.