• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Need Advice for Sampire build in 700 skill cap

Bleda The Hun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account is 6 months old. so my skill cap is 700. I would like to go with below template however I am verry confused after I read tons of thread.

Fencing or Swordsmanship 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 116
Anatomy/Resist 100
Necro 100
Chivalry 84
Parrying 60

I have 110 tactics and 110( with 120 ps) anatomy on my other char but I can transfer only tactics in this template.

I will make my stats in base

100 str
110 dex
20 int.

I think to be an elf and use darkwood armor set,
Currently I have leaf blade,soul seeker, Shield of invul as weapons

Is this template good enough for solo peerless and champs ( esspecially dread horn, Neira, Baracoon, Medusa, Monstrous Interred Grizzle) ?

What kind of properties do I have on my armor and jewelry ?

I need your oponions about this template and all extra advices will be great.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The template is fine. You may need to upgrade your gear for soloing Neira (don't use soul seeker here) and MIG. I've never attempted to solo MIG personally. I'd recommend just going with reforged and then imbued armor to get the properties you need. You'll want to get eat a +25 stats scroll ASAP as well.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Personally, I would go with the following for a 700 cap:

120 Weapon
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy or Resist
99 Necro
84 Chiv
60 Parry

That gives you 17 skill points to play with extra. Another option would be to go 100 Bush and 100 Parry. The rest of the skills are the same and you'll need +3 skill points or just run 81 Chiv.

MIG would be tough to solo and your armor will take a beating. The rest should be doable. Be sure to run with resist instead of anatomy when facing Necro casting mobs.

Bleda The Hun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The template is fine. You may need to upgrade your gear for soloing Neira (don't use soul seeker here) and MIG. I've never attempted to solo MIG personally. I'd recommend just going with reforged and then imbued armor to get the properties you need. You'll want to get eat a +25 stats scroll ASAP as well.
WHich kind of sw weapon is better for neira ?
In fact I didn't decide to go swordsmanship or fencing firstly. Fencing is cheap to find 120 ps, swordsmanship has better options on weapons. Sure I will do both with soultone in later stages.

I am working to save gold to buy +25 stat scroll. I hope this char will supply me :)

Personally, I would go with the following for a 700 cap:

120 Weapon
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy or Resist
99 Necro
84 Chiv
60 Parry

That gives you 17 skill points to play with extra. Another option would be to go 100 Bush and 100 Parry. The rest of the skills are the same and you'll need +3 skill points or just run 81 Chiv.

MIG would be tough to solo and your armor will take a beating. The rest should be doable. Be sure to run with resist instead of anatomy when facing Necro casting mobs.
thanks for the advices. How can I Calculate the difrrence between 120 bushido,60 paryy and 100 bushido 100 parry ?

my last question is about properties, Because I have limited budget to buy true set, WHich properties are most important ones for me ?

I think to use on my jewelry +16 dex,+16 str +50 DI,+ 15 HCI, +6 DCI and I will have all 70 resists, +10 str, +12 HPI, % 25 RPD, +30 DCI on darkwood armor set base that I think to buy. Will I need regen properties on it ?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can I Calculate the difrrence between 120 bushido,60 paryy and 100 bushido 100 parry ?
Ideally you want to try and aim for something like 120 weapon skill, 120 bushido and then 60 parry. 120+120+60=300 thus giving you and extra 10 mana discount on special moves.

With 200 to 299 combined skill points, the cost will decrease by 5 mana. Having 300 or more it will decrease by 10 mana. The included skills are:

Swordsmanship
Mace Fighting
Fencing
Archery
Parrying
Lumberjacking
Stealth
Poisoning
Bushido
Ninjitsu
Throwing
http://www.uoguide.com/Special_moves

Last edited:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the Neira spawn you don't want to use the soul seeker for two reasons: repond slayer will cause the undead to do dbl damage to you and cold damage will be their top resist. I have a 100% fire damage radiant scimitar with DI, HML, HSL, and hit fire area on it. I'm not sure what the fifth property is off hand. I wear conjurer's trinket, but that might be out of your price range as it does not spawn. For most bosses I like weapons with armor ignore as a special. For Neira, you might see better results with a weapon that has double strike and hit fireball. There is no slayer for Neira.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Shield of invul" ?
Using a shield in combination with bushido lowers your Chance to parry.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account is 6 months old. so my skill cap is 700. I would like to go with below template however I am verry confused after I read tons of thread.

Fencing or Swordsmanship 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 116
Anatomy/Resist 100
Necro 100
Chivalry 84
Parrying 60
I'd go with Fencing. Not that I am bias or anything. ;)

I am sure there are some here that would disagree with me, but I would drop Chivalry all together (with the changes to Chivalry- making it skill based instead of karma based- I don't use anything less than 100). With any slayer plus Honor, you will hit the damage cap (unless you are hitting a non-slayer creature like Neria).

My template on 700 points

120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy/120 Resist
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Necro

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd go with Fencing. Not that I am bias or anything. ;)

I am sure there are some here that would disagree with me, but I would drop Chivalry all together (with the changes to Chivalry- making it skill based instead of karma based- I don't use anything less than 100). With any slayer plus Honor, you will hit the damage cap (unless you are hitting a non-slayer creature like Neria).

My template on 700 points

120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy/120 Resist
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Necro

how do you get around with chiv?
recall scrolls? I

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, recall scrolls, crystal portals, moongates- there really isn't a shortage of ways to get places.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have make an exotic version white protection and 100% lrc for constant (8s every cast) +50% life lech to 70% and use macing.

120 Mace
70 Anatomy
25 Spirit Speak
95 Chivalry white +30 items
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necro

but armor is expensive at arround 100 mio to finished all 70 white - from protection and vampirform have 45 hci/45 dci, lmc 51 and +25 hpi ^^

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 bushido, 120 parry and just 70 anatomy? You need 100 anatomy for Evasion.

Where is tactics?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In pvm i almost fought everything. I didnt see much difference between 60 and 120 so far

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell, especially on the higher end creatures, where DCI doesn't mean as much and you would normally get hit a lot more.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like?
I tested 120 and 60 against hard hitting peerless like medusa, chief, dreadhorn, abyssal infernal semidar and so on. Even paragon gds balrons. I came to the conclusion those 60 skill points are better used for some other skills

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 120 skill attacking and 120 defense with 0 DCI, your opponeht has a 50% chance to hit you.
At 120 skill attacking and 120 defense with 45 DCI, your opponent has a 34% chance to hit you.

With 120 parry and 0 bushido, you have a 35% chance to block a hit.
With 120 parry and 120 bushido you have a 35% chance to block with a 1-handed weapon and 40% with a 2-handed weapon.

With 60 parry and 0 bushido, you have a 15% chance to block a hit.
With 60 parry and 120 bushido you have a 20% chance to block with a 1-handed weapon and 22% with a 2-handed weapon.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have read 120 parry does a big difference vs Narvey. My next char will have 120 bushido, 120 parry, bladed staff - 40% chance to block.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sure 120 parry is better than 60. but imo those 60 points are better distributed elsewhere. Probably depends on the build you are using. I prefer using those points in more offensive skills. The more damage the more life and mana i can leech, or i could put those points in resisting spells to better resist paralize.

Navrey is sure spcial because of the freezing. Truely parrying might give a bonus there. But this is the only boss where this is necessary maybe slasher too. But with other mobs epecially casting ones im more comfortable in putting those points in resisting spells

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 120 parry and 0 bushido, you have a 35% chance to block a hit.
With 120 parry and 120 bushido you have a 35% chance to block with a 1-handed weapon and 40% with a 2-handed weapon.

With 120 parry and 0 bushido, you have a 15% chance to block a hit.
With 120 parry and 120 bushido you have a 20% chance to block with a 1-handed weapon and 22% with a 2-handed weapon.
Please explain what these two paragraphs mean. They seem to have the same skills with different chance of blocking.

Thanks, Katrena

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, just pasted it and forgot to change the parry values. fixed.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sure 120 parry is better than 60. but imo those 60 points are better distributed elsewhere. Probably depends on the build you are using. I prefer using those points in more offensive skills. The more damage the more life and mana i can leech, or i could put those points in resisting spells to better resist paralize.

Navrey is sure spcial because of the freezing. Truely parrying might give a bonus there. But this is the only boss where this is necessary maybe slasher too. But with other mobs epecially casting ones im more comfortable in putting those points in resisting spells

To each his own. For me, getting hit less is better. Less HP lost, less damage to armor, ect.

But, the higher the creatures attack skill is, the more valuable parry is- since it is a flat % chance to block and where weapon skill/dci scale.

As for resist, unless it is at least 100, I feel it's pretty useless- and even then I only use it on undead (Neria / Lich) spawns.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You need Resisting Spells to reduce negative effects:
- less mana loss from Mana Drain
- less stats loss from Curses
- less damage from Blood Oath

Some chance to resist spells like Poison and Paralize is just a bonus that is not really important.

Here is some math vs a monster with 120 Eval.

Mana Drain:
0 RS: -160 mana
80 RS: -80 mana
120 RS: - 40 mana

Clumsy:
0 RS: -30 dex
80 RS: -18 dex
120 RS: -12 dex

Blood Oath:
80 RS: 50% damage resisted
120 RS: 70% damage resisted

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
45 DCI + 120 Bushido + 60 Parry = 27% chance to get damage
0 DCI + 120 Bushido + 120 Parry = 30% chance to get damage

Those 60 Parry helps you almost as 45 DCI does (providing you don't use HLA).

With a broadsword (13-17 dmg)
100 DI + 120 Tactics + 120 Anatomy + 150 Str = 396% Damage = 59 avg dmg
100 DI + 100 Tactics + 100 Anatomy + 150 Str = 374% Damage = 56 avg dmg

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well resisting paralyze is imo very important. I really dont like it getting stunned all the time.

If i calculate it right 45 dci + 120 bushido + 120 parry = 22 % chance to get damage. Thats a 5% better chance than with 60 parry.
So 1 more hit in 20 hits. Not that great.

Corwin.
Comparing 100 anat/tactics with 120 anat/tactics only take acount of 40 points nit 60

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick response- as I am heading to bed.

At 120 skill attacking and 120 defense with 45 DCI, your opponent has a 34% chance to hit you.
With 60 parry and 120 bushido you have a 20% chance to block with a 1-handed weapon and 22% with a 2-handed weapon.

With a 1-handed weapon and 120 parry, you'll block 12 hits (22% chance to take damage) and block 14 hits (20% chance of taking damage) with 2-handed weapon and 120 parry.
With a 1-handed weapon and 60 parry, you'll block 7 hits (27% chance to take damage) and block 7 hits (27% chance of taking damage) with 2-handed weapon and 120 parry.

Numbers based off 100 swings for convenience. Also, for the higher end creatures whose attack skill is greater than 120, the attacks parried are more.

Also, when you use evasion, there is a huge difference in number of attacks evaded between 60 and 120 (I don't know the exact numbers, but from experience, at 60- I usually get 2 or so evades, at 120 it is 3 to 4x that).

Plus, those numbers add up.

Then again, it's all a matter of play style and what you are comfortable with. Normally, I prefer to run with 120 parry and 0 resist (again, except on spawns with undead creatures).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There are some things that I can only do with 120 Bush/120 Parry such as Navrey. I can stand toe to toe with her with no worries using a setup with 120/120. With 120 Bush and 60 Parry I eventually get killed while webbed. I think the most important thing to realize is that there are benefits to each type of setup. One is more of a true tank, while the other gives you 60 skill points of flexibility to put into something else.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a 1-handed weapon and 120 parry, you'll block 12 hits (22% chance to take damage) and block 14 hits (20% chance of taking damage) with 2-handed weapon and 120 parry.
With a 1-handed weapon and 60 parry, you'll block 7 hits (27% chance to take damage) and block 7 hits (27% chance of taking damage) with 2-handed weapon and 120 parry.
Ok im a bit confused now. Lets take the option with a 1h weapon.
120 parry 120 weaponskill 120 bushido 45 dci vs 60 parry. Enemy at 120 weaponskill.
Chance that you get hit is both 34%
Chance to block with 120 parry is 35%with 60 parry its 20%
So that means chance to get hit:
- parry 120: 34/100 * 65/100 = 22%
- parry 60: 34/100 * 80/100 = 27%

That means with 120 parry you avoid 78 hits out of 100 hits, with 60 parry you avoid 73 hits out of 100.
So i actually get 5 more hits out of 100.

Am i missing sth here?

Otherwise i prefer the resisting spells version. Exception are non casting mobs like chief paroxysmus where resist is a waste of points

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, in 100 attacks, against a 120 skill enemy, you will get hit 5 more times (speaking strictly in averages). Which, depending on how fast the enemy attacks or how many of them they are, it can come quite quick or not so quick.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So i actually get 5 more hits out of 100.
So you get 5 more hits out of 27. It's 19% less damage taken over time.
(If a monster does 1 damage per hit you take 22 damage instead of 27 for the same time).

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No 5 hits out of 100 = 5%.

Btw i did rikktor yesterday with 60 parry. He hits really hard bit even with 60 parry he was not really a problem i had to run and use confidence about 4 times but didnt die once.

The cold blood spawn itself was no problem either. Was really happy to have 100 reisting spells against all those casting mobs there

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So you say that difference between 99% block and 94% block just 5% (5 hits out of 100)? As to me the difference is 500% because you will take 6 times less damage.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Btw i did rikktor yesterday with 60 parry. He hits really hard bit even with 60 parry he was not really a problem i had to run and use confidence about 4 times but didnt die once.

The cold blood blood spawn itself was no problem either. Was really happy to have 100 reisting spells against all those casting mobs there

I do the cold spawn with 0 resist (0 Chivalry too), stand at the alter in tram even when paragon dragons spawn, there are times I have 10+ dragons on me at once. Never run and don't die at all against Rikktor.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CorwinXX i think there is some misunderstanding. With hits i mean unblocked hits
Example: 120 parry, chance to take damage 22%, 100 hits, every hit does 1 dmg: you take 22 dmg in the end
The same with 60 parry: cance to take dmg 27%, you take 27 damage in the end

Honestly i dont understand your calculation. You know it doesnt matter what your parry skill is regarding the amount of dmg blocked? If you block an attack you always block 100 % of the damage.

NuSair

Interesting. With the spawn i had no problem either. Had the same number of dragons on me. I will try this out with 120 parry and see what happens since rikktor is no casting boss

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
CorwinXX i think there is some misunderstanding.
I see. You say "5 hit out of 100 = 5%". But this magic number "5%" is not interesting. It has no relation to evaluating profit from parry. 5 hits may mean almost no difference (if we compare 100 and 95) and may be huge difference (if we compare 1 and 6).

In our case the difference is 19%. And it doesn't depend on you combat skill and your DCI. With 120 sword and 45 DCI you take 19% less damage (5 less hits). With 0 combat skill and 0 DCI you take 19% less damage (18 less hits).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
A mob has some hit chance based on Combat skill, his HCI, your DCI. We can calculate average damage it does to you over some amount of time. Let it be 100.
If you have 10% chance to block you block 10% of hits and take just 90 damage during the same time. So you will take 10% less damage.
If you have 20% chance to block you take 80 damage. Compared to having 10% block it is 10 less damage or 10/90 = 11% less damage.
If you have 35% chance to block you take 65 damage. Compared to having 20% block it is 15 less damage or 15/80 = 19% less damage.
If you has low HCI and/or Combat skill the mob does more damage over the same time. Let it be 300. But the difference between 20% block and 35% block will be the same: 45/240 = 19% less damage.