• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need a Little Help from the Non Color Impaired...

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

Could someone that isn't color blind please tell me what color these stuffies are:

I'm pretty sure this one is purple, but hey, could be pink for all I know....

Thanks for the help!

Hint to Dev's.....Greens...Reds...or any variation of these 2 colors.....Bad.

G

I'm pretty sure that the mongbat and the bear in the first pic (bottom left and top right) are teal, the others no idea.

G

It would be nice to have a tool that would tell you what hue a targeted item is (the collector in me is frustrated that I can't tell apart my Tok metal dyes).

normal greenish
normal normal
greenish normal

purplish
normal
normal

C

Connor_Graham

Thanks guys. I can't even see that those are greenish....just that they look a little "off".

Oh, and Idrial, I have no clue what "teal" looks like. For me, it's either green, or it's not green.

And to think my color vision is the only reason I couldn't go to Annapolis and fly Navy jets...

G

I believe Maplestone has it right except for the bear in the first picture - that is pale pink/tan (the normal bear is true brown).

C

Connor_Graham

Ah ok. Wow, that's one I NEVER would have been able to see. It looks exactly the same color as the horses to me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It looks exactly the same color as the horses to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
*squints* me too ... hmm ... perhaps it's time for stronger glasses.

C

Connor_Graham

Figures that purple one would be on Sonoma. Oh well. Maybe I can find someone to trade with me. At least I got a couple of colored ones on Pac, and I did get one of each type, which is pretty cool in itself.

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to do this for my boyfriend all the time hehe.....

You have a brown dragon......a green polar bear.....a beige horse......another beige horse.....a green mongbat and a beige bear and then.....a purple polar bear......then a beige horse......and yet another beige horse...:)

G

I've seen a couple of posts saying that their regular Stuffies ended up being White in the KR client. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, you may want to take some screenies from KR and post them, too. =)

C

Connor_Graham

That's an idea. I may have to do that after dinner.

Mmm Pizza sounds good tonight....

C

Chango Pelon

HAHA you are color blind.

* goes off to find shirt that I swear is red but wife says is no where near red *

I used to pass the test in school by remembering the order of numbers the kids in front of me said. They found me out in the Army though...

*edit* Also, your first dragon is the only one that looks a different color to me, all the rest look the same.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've seen a couple of posts saying that their regular Stuffies ended up being White in the KR client. Can anyone confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Connor_Graham

* goes off to find shirt that I swear is red but wife says is no where near red *

I used to have one of those. I wore it for 2 years before I found out it was brown...

Good thing I only wore it with blue jeans.

"I used to pass the test in school by remembering the order of numbers the kids in front of me said. They found me out in the Army though..."

I never stood a chance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ah ok. Wow, that's one I NEVER would have been able to see. It looks exactly the same color as the horses to me.

[/ QUOTE ] They ARE nearly the same color, but the natural color of each of the stuffies is a different, and their "pink/tan" hues come out a bit different on each because of it.

G

Umm, I agree with AilishD about the last bear in the first pic being the pinkish colour, rather than the plain colour.

But I also think that your last horse is the pinkish/tan, rather than the regular tan (it's just EVER so slightly different to the other horses - believe me, I couldnt tell teh difference between mine either, until I was throwing them all on top of each other in the exact same position in a box, and there was just the TINIEST difference between them!)

The nose is slightly less white, and the "light" spot on their runps is also just slightly different =)

C

Connor_Graham

Oh sure, just throw in something else to confuzzle me even more...

C

Connor_Graham

*starts watching clips from Bruce Lee movies while listening to a bad 80's pop music wannabe rap song*

G

The dragon- excuse me; 'dwagon', appears to be natural.
All of your horses appear to be normal; except the very last one is almost tan, with a very very slight pink.
The bear in the middle appears to be this same slight pink, or just tan.
The top right bear is hard to describe. Seafoam green? Surely more green, than blue!
The mongbat wears the same off-green. I also have one of those seasick mongbat plushies.
The third, and final bear, is a hue of purple not unlike an artificially flavored grape beverage. It's not too bad looking! I like it.

All of the stuffy colors I've seen look to be the lightest, most faded options on the cloth 'special dye' tubs. Where's pink? I want pink dwagon.

Regarding 'teal'...
Teal is not some light, fluffy, green marsmallow seafoam color. How did that ugly rumor get started? A teal is a type of duck. I understand, actually, that it's a male duck; and many male ducks have a very darkly colored head. The light must hit it just right, or it looks black. Then, suddenly, and for only a moment; the angles are perfect and you see a flash of brilliant color, gleaming, reflecting. THAT is 'teal' - teal green, or teal red -- or, both on one duck!

Now, while I've always heard it used chiefly to describe extremely dark green, I've heard it used as an adjective meaning 'super dark'. That may be dialectual, though; Merriam-Webster's dictionary lists only teal blue; 'a dark greenish blue'. Strange how even the 'authorities' get things wrong.

That duck has no blue on him.

G

<blockquote><hr>

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This teal (t&amp;#275;l) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. teal or teals

1. Any of several small, short-necked freshwater ducks, especially of the genus Anas, that feed on the surface of the water and often have brightly marked plumage.
2. A moderate or dark bluish green to greenish blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teal is indeed a greenish blue. A teal (the animal) has feathers that are iridescent and also shine in certain light the same greenish blue.

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

*starts watching clips from Bruce Lee movies while listening to a bad 80's pop music wannabe rap song*

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm talking about!!!!

And have you seen a Dr about your Red/Green retna issue? I am a lost cause but I hear some people after that Death Star surgery helping with light issues "see" colors better.

G

Thank you, Flutter. I appreciate the insights. I was kinda half-joking about 'the duck is not blue' but really I honestly have only ever heard 'teal' (as applicable to colors) used to describe that dark dark green, or, rarely, any other dark dark hue. To me, it's always been the darkest of dark greens. Dark blue has 'midnight' and dark black has 'jet', red has 'vermillion' and yellow has 'ochre', orange has 'umbar' and purple has 'indigo'. Or something. Well, maybe I learned it all wrong those many years ago in grade school.

So, teal is a green with a bit of blue, a blue with a bit of green, or in-between, but always very dark? Eh, works for me. That duck still hasn't got even a fraction of a drop of extra blue on him. That's a very pure green. Puts an emerald to shame, at least, a natural one. Created ones are so much prettier.

G

As a gemstone junkie (jtv for the win) I am often trying to find words that register in people's heads as colors... teal is usually more green than blue *nods* but I think we all picture it a little differently.

G

So, are we agreed that the bear and mongbat are close to a 'seafoam' green?
That other bear is what? Grape Kool Aid Popsicle Stain On A White Shirt Purple?

F

Fayled Dhreams

*ahem* back to topic ...
someone here might be able to copy the image posted ...
and in a paint type program
go down to pixel level
and identify each pixel color balance ...(rbg)

Theres a side by side KR / 2D floating around somewhere ..
(to me) theres a marked difference in "Hue"

ah!

G

And on the topic of the colors of your stuffy animals, or at least of the ones in the pic you showed above ... it's compressed in a lossy format and the coloring will not be perfectly true to the game - sorry. Otherwise I might do exactly what you said about RGBs. Problem is, where to sample each image from, or do I use an averaging of an area? What area?? Hmm... Nope, too lazy.

**Excited gasp!** PINK DWAGON!! WANT!

G

Hehe...I was thinking the same thing...I'm a Photoshop junkie. =P

Thanks for the neat post about the color "Teal"...I love reading stuff like that...fun facts if you will. Reminds me that each day is a journey and learning something new just adds to the fun. The duck pictured is beautiful!

You're right...an Emerald wouldn't stand a chance!

In my mind, Teal is a greenish-blue/blueish-green, but dark. It's a very rich color. Could be a very interesting discussion, how each of us envision a color when it is named.

Irridescent Teal would be a nice hue for a new Sea Creature, too! I'd love to see some new life inhabiting our oceans and lakes.

F

Fayled Dhreams

not my image ...ripped from else where on the board.

But, for the color blind ... a little training with the right paint program ... an in game screenie of "an offered"

museum grade verification ... pixel to pixel ...

little work
yeah ...
pixel to pixel precision ...

what Connor wanted ... right?

C

Connor_Graham

That type of computer know how isn't something I've got. Wouldn't even have a clue how to break it down to the pixel level for comparison.

F

Fayled Dhreams

no need to run ...

thx though ...

'tain't really a "side by side" ...though it does have an interesting detail revelation ...
whether the herald is 2d or KR might be clear IF there was "the other" client image capture ...

one thing is sure ...

the herald shows 7

details details ...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the bear and mongbat are nox ranger heavy xbow green... And the one grizzly is light purple :p The rest seem to be regular color...

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it fooled me , but then I didnt have a white KR one to compare it too , imho thats not a regular dragon... maybe a dirty white wyrm.....