• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NecroTamer Weaver Questions

• Thread starter Grimm_of_Oceania
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I have the above template on my newest account (710 max) featuring (off top of head)
110 tame
110 lore
100 vet
115 weaving
120 ss
100 necro
55 med

I have a 118lrc 25sdi 75lmc 2/3 fc/fcr suit on about 170 mana and am elf (again off top of head). This character is primarily for solo peerless amd rat spawn.

I am thinking of dropping med for magery and using a crystalline ring to reach 75 magery. Is this enough to use invis and mind blast effectively?

Is it worth it considering the cost/rarity of a crystalline ring or should necro and weaving be enough to spam spells while my pet chews away.

And is there a cap to lmc, as I would like to use a tameing tali instead of void tali to get 99% control chance of a gd and would like to increase my resist a bit (roughly 45/58/70/52/73 from memory)

Thankyou

edit : I also have 12 mana regen on the suit

Z

Zodiac19

Weaving is realy useless unless you have a high arcane focus. I would drop weaving and add GM magery and bump med with the remaining points.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

If I stay in wraith form for mana leech and taking into account the 75 lmc and 12 mana regen from suit, could I drop med and weaving for magery and eval.

If I use cystalline I could have 90 magery and 100 eval. I wouldnt be using summons, just ebolts, fireballs, gh's and invis.

Crystalline would also take me up to 15 mana regen and 45% sdi.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cap for lmc lies at 40%
The advantage of necromancy in combination with spellweaving actually is the mana leech from damage done with your spells. (Negotiating the high mana use of spells like wod.) I am not shure, how many necromancy is required, to cast wraith form from a scroll and if SS affects the amount of leeched mana.
Getting magery only for invis seems somewhat wasted. (Teleporting to your pet and/or healing from a distance would be more interesting.) Just remember that you could use an invis potion.
Magery summons are usually useless for a tamer since they require free control slots. Only reason to use them could be at low level spawns and switching to your favorite pets with summon balls when the spawn raises.

O

Old Man of UO

You don't need to drop spellweaving, if you like the skill. Before you do, read the post below on soloing Travesty - some good info there from Farsight.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=140284

Outtake -
"And of course, you need as much taming and lore as you think you need for controlling your dragon (or cu if you're feeling adventurous).

So that puts you at:
120 weaving
110 taming
110 lore
100 magery (more is better)
100 meditation (more or less)

which leaves you enough room for one or two more skills. Since you are a tamer, vet could be useful, but if you only plan on fighting Travesty, it isn't mandatory unless you also use your tamer for key collecting. I would include vet on the template.

That leaves you with either points for another skill (EI preferred) or to bring the rest of your template up to all 120's."

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

Thankyou all for your replies, thanks Old Man for your link, twas helpful.

Since the lmc cap is 40, it gives me the chance to adjust some of my armour to max my resists more (kasa instead of nystul's etc.).

I have two accounts with a weaver on each so I can always get at least lvl 2 focus, not much but it brings wod up to 10%, much more usable. I might eat a magery scroll as well as I am a soul stone junkie and can move magery from another char if I need to. I like the spellweaving spell too much to lose them completely