• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Necromancy (Vampiric Embrace)

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like what the Dev's have done with the Wraith,Horrific Beast,and Lich forms graphic wise,but I feel that The form of Vampiric Embrace needs attention. When AoS was released,it seems that the Devs then could only come up with the snow-white skin. surely the Devs now could come up with something better. Perhaps a dracula type look for the male necromancers and a ummm :D "Vampira" type look for the lady necromancers out there.

F

Fink

That white skin doesn't seem to work with the body sculptor options on the paperdoll.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A note somewhere, or an icon to let you know your in Vamp embrace would be very helpfull. As stated if your using skin style (vampire) you cant see your in vamp embrace.
Got killed by mob and heal casts, only after i died so quickly did i realise i was in vamp embrace and the garlic killed me not the mob.

N

Ni-

A note somewhere, or an icon to let you know your in Vamp embrace would be very helpfull. As stated if your using skin style (vampire) you cant see your in vamp embrace.
Got killed by mob and heal casts, only after i died so quickly did i realise i was in vamp embrace and the garlic killed me not the mob.
hehe, oops, I didn't laugh at that...

Does VE not have a buff icon? In that buff icon tool bar thingie... Come to think of it, I haven't seen one of those in the Enhanced Client. Is it in the EC?

As for the OP, all the other forms are complete avatar changes. Vampires are still basically 'visually' human with simply lighter pigment. I would assume that vampires could dress any way they want, not specifically like dracula or elvira. Another reason why they might be left with their original avatar graphics is to allow them to continue to ride mounts. Forms that use other art cannot ride mounts, I believe.

It is interesting that the Vampire body sculpter will not show VE form. I wonder, is it only Vampire or any/all body sculpter choices?

F

Fink

It's all choices, they show their normal skin tone on the paperdoll.

O

Old Man of UO

Ya, but I don't run with my paperdoll open. I've done exactly the same thing as Slayvite, forgetting to cast VE after a death. A simple buff icon would be so appreciated.

ANY cast form should have an icon displayed as a buff.

L

Lord Urza

I really dont see the need for any type of form change as associated with the other necro forms. The white skin, is the perfect touch to show there vampirism. If you wish for your character to be some dracula type looking character, Perhaps you could work that up yourself on your paperdoll? I love my sampires look on paperdoll I role play him as a repentant vampire and am very happy with how it is ATM

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really dont see the need for any type of form change as associated with the other necro forms. The white skin, is the perfect touch to show there vampirism. If you wish for your character to be some dracula type looking character, Perhaps you could work that up yourself on your paperdoll? I love my sampires look on paperdoll I role play him as a repentant vampire and am very happy with how it is ATM
So your happy with not knowing if you've cast VE or not on yourself and having to heal to see either way??

F

Fink

Ya, but I don't run with my paperdoll open. I've done exactly the same thing as Slayvite, forgetting to cast VE after a death. A simple buff icon would be so appreciated.

Was responding to Ni-
"It is interesting that the Vampire body sculpter will not show VE form. I wonder, is it only Vampire or any/all body sculpter choices?"

Agree that a buff icon should be displayed.

R

RichDC

When you die you lose form, so i dont see how that happened after death.

The art for vampire is fine, after all they are undead humans...so they should look as such. However, i dont see a problem with an icon.

I mean, you lose resists in all forms it would be nice to have a buff saying how much(i know we all know how much but still, new players may not).

Also, it would be nice to show the MR/SR/HPR gained, the SDI gained(reaper), the "buff" of being immune to bleed etc.

So im all in favour of a buff icon...not art change.