• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necromancy: Should it be able to be used VIA jewls/items

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say make it simple keep Skill items in game but disallow the ability to go over your total skill cap be it 700-720pts..

D

DarkScripture

Jewelry is fine...however I do think that if you take off the jewelry while in a form and lose enough skill to make that form completely impossible that you should lose the form.
I have alway said that if you remove the ring/bracelets you should unmorph. No more bank hording necro-tools.:rant2:

H

Hanna

You left one off, yes it should be able to be used using jewelry, but forms should be lost when jewelry is removed.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You left one off, yes it should be able to be used using jewelry, but forms should be lost when jewelry is removed.
then when a tamer takes his jewels off, thier pet which cant be controled without it should unbond and release.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They just need to change it so that you have to wear the jewelery or the spell wears off and you turn Human.

Other than that no problem. Maybe that would give some meaning to the Midnight Bracers and cramp the PvM-side of gimping which is Samurai/Vampire currently.. For generic spawn anyway. And far below Tamers, but then Tamers are by far the best at that.

Now I am not saying that if you use jewels to craft and take them off the item you crafted should dissappear- that's totally different because you created an entity into the game and from the point of creation and onwards it is separate from the player character. Vampire Form is not separate, it's essentially a buff with a visual change. You should lose all buffs if you take off whatever enabled you to take advantage of them.

Plus I see people who "helped" nerf Ninja templates beyond 'cramped', now talking about how their Samurai/Vampires are fair and square.
I LOL at that. Hard.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think any skills should be boostable with items, but I realise that's a minority view in UO. Look at changing the systems for training skills to make them more pleasant and less "click intensive" then change all the skill + properties to something else. I know there would be a lot of crying about it, but there's are issues like this one which are directly caused by skill + items. Real skill should always be more useful than twinked skill.

Wenchy

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be required to have the minimum requirement for any ability in real skill before being able to use it (50 real necromancy and 50 real spirit speak before summoning a wisp, 70 real ninjitsu before turning into an ostard, etc).
Any skill buffs, jewelry or otherwise, should only impact your chance of using the ability successfully, not your ability to use it in the first place.

4u2nv

Hey all, I am an old player who just started again recently and have a few questions regarding Vamparic embrace.
1) Does VE reduce fire by 25 points or 25%? If it is %, then lets say im capped to 88 fire resist, is that 25% of 88? or only 70.

2) This may be a dumb question but according to uostratics. Under the VE spell description, it says silver weapons do 25% more dmg. What do they mean by silver weaps? Are there actually weapons called "Silver" or do they mean the color. (You can laugh now)

3) Does ve stack with either reative armor or magic reflect?

4) Does VE have to be recasted upon death?

5) Can i get necro to 100, cast ve and then drop it to 0?

Any light shed will be great. Thanks in advance :gee:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, I am an old player who just started again recently and have a few questions regarding Vamparic embrace.
1) Does VE reduce fire by 25 points or 25%? If it is %, then lets say im capped to 88 fire resist, is that 25% of 88? or only 70.
Drops your fire resist by 25 points. So if you're at 88 it would drop you to 63

2) This may be a dumb question but according to uostratics. Under the VE spell description, it says silver weapons do 25% more dmg. What do they mean by silver weaps? Are there actually weapons called "Silver" or do they mean the color. (You can laugh now)
I don't believe this applies any more.

3) Does ve stack with either reative armor or magic reflect?
Yes

4) Does VE have to be recasted upon death?
Yes

5) Can i get necro to 100, cast ve and then drop it to 0?
Yes

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe this applies any more.
It means undead slayer weapons. I'm not 100% positive it still applies, but I don't see any reason why they would remove it.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly,

If you're not PvPing it certainly doesn't apply since I don't know of any monsters who run around with slayer weapons.

L

Lord Kynd

Skill items were put in game to increase skills. If a few people found unique ways to use them to create uber templates then that is good ole' uo inginuity. BTW, some actually make necro/dexxer templates that take necromancy up to 110 or such so that they can actually use it.

In the day...

120 Weapon
110 Tactics
90 Anatomy
90 Healing
110 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
60 Chivalry
40 Meditation

was not that uncommon.
hmm...

+___
720 points

my accounts have that many skill points availiable, it's an additional Vet. reward that is automatic.

and that is without any jewlry
wiht jewlry you can get skills higher but are you going to be able to have that 70/75's suit with mods lrc,fc,fcr,ssi,di,etc .... ???

thats almost like haveing a max luck suit with all that extra goodies.
prolly extreamly rare to put together.

but then again i am having problems making a good mage/spellweaver suit :(