• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancer] Need help with a build

A

Azathes

Hi guys! This is my first post here and I haven't played Ultima since AoS and recently started again!

I started my Necro as if I was doing my AoS build which was Necro Fancer. However, I want to get this guy to be pure of a Necromancer as possible, in other words I don't want other spell casting threes, thus, I figured I would need quite a bit of gear to get this to work, however, not exactly sure what gear.

ATM I am going for:
Fencing 90/100
Anatomy 100/100
Tactics 90/100
Meditation 100/100
Resist Spells 100/100
Necro 120/120
SS 120/120 will get 720 with help of +skill stuff, atm I have Bloodwold Spirit Talisman that has +10 SS and +5 Necro.

The build is with a huge amount of Mana Regen and Mana Increase and maxed out Faster Casting and Faster Cast Recovery and ofc 100% LRC...The reason why I wanted FC and FCR is because I figured since I am going for fencing it might be quite useful if I can nuke out my DD spells faster, plus I really want to base my gameplay AROUND necromancery not around fencing!

I am not too sure what weapon to go for, but I was thinking of going for a Dual-Bladed Fencing Weapon. I particularly liked the Demon's Hunter Standard, which will take me a while to get, but that doesn't matter.

My starts are balanced atm:

80 STR
75 DEX
80 INT (no money for +25 stat scroll yet)

without items...with items its 87 STR / 77 DEX / 82 INT (Updated; got myself some new gear)

I am guessing stats wise I am getting it wrong as fencing does require more dex, but I am a bit lost so I really need help!

Again, I want to play something like a PURE necromancer, even if it isn't as good as necro-mages etc....so I really want to get the max out of my necro, without being incredibly easy to kill!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want to play a casting focused Necromancer in PvM?

That is going to be really limiting...

There are really only two damage based spells for necros. Wither and poison strike. Wither is cold damage, poison strike is obviously poison.

That will really limit the options. If you're not opposed to shifting and using your melee damage as primary damage output I would throw on Chivalry and drop meditation. Go in wraith form, you'll leech enough mana back that you don't need med.

Also, up your fencing to 120 or you'll never be able to compete with any of the new mobs.

A

Azathes

You want to play a casting focused Necromancer in PvM?

That is going to be really limiting...

There are really only two damage based spells for necros. Wither and poison strike. Wither is cold damage, poison strike is obviously poison.

That will really limit the options. If you're not opposed to shifting and using your melee damage as primary damage output I would throw on Chivalry and drop meditation. Go in wraith form, you'll leech enough mana back that you don't need med.

Also, up your fencing to 120 or you'll never be able to compete with any of the new mobs.
That actually sounds interesting! But for Chiv I would need to get my karma back to positive right? Also do you mind reiterating on the type of gear I'd have to focus on and stats ?

PS: 1 hander or 2 hander ? To be honest I really would like to play such a build with a two hander!
PSS: And I am guessing all other skills should remain the same except for 120 fencing ?
PSSS: Is there any way to do a Necro/SpellWeaver or Mysticm without Magery and be effective ?

A

Azathes

Well past couple of days I've been playing quite a bit and I have got to say I am getting more and more into this and understanding it more. Nearly 100 in Fencing, Anatomy and Tactics....However, since I really want to keep my karma negative on this character I was thinking on picking up poisoning, so I can take advantage of Infectious Blow since I've heard its pretty deadly!

I was thinking of:

120 Fencing
120 Necro (base here is 115)
120 SS (base here is 110)
100 Tact
100 Anaton
100 Res spells ( base here is 90 using +10 res item)
80 Poisoning - > I need to find a way to et rid of 15 points somewhere around so I can get to 715 stats without item modification.

I was considering dropping Res Spells and to get healing since its a big pain in the butt to heal only with SS...Altho vamp embrace does wonders....

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well past couple of days I've been playing quite a bit and I have got to say I am getting more and more into this and understanding it more. Nearly 100 in Fencing, Anatomy and Tactics....However, since I really want to keep my karma negative on this character I was thinking on picking up poisoning, so I can take advantage of Infectious Blow since I've heard its pretty deadly!

I was thinking of:

120 Fencing
120 Necro (base here is 115)
120 SS (base here is 110)
100 Tact
100 Anaton
100 Res spells ( base here is 90 using +10 res item)
80 Poisoning - > I need to find a way to et rid of 15 points somewhere around so I can get to 715 stats without item modification.

I was considering dropping Res Spells and to get healing since its a big pain in the butt to heal only with SS...Altho vamp embrace does wonders....
For getting rid of points, would suggest 90 tact and 90 anat. Those are really the minimum required for effectiveness.

As for the resist/healing debate, I would suggest Resist for PvM but if you go to PvP healing is a necessity. Spirit speak is not enough to keep you alive, nor is leeching.

A

Azathes

For getting rid of points, would suggest 90 tact and 90 anat. Those are really the minimum required for effectiveness.

As for the resist/healing debate, I would suggest Resist for PvM but if you go to PvP healing is a necessity. Spirit speak is not enough to keep you alive, nor is leeching.
so am i to understand smth like:

120 neco
120 SS
120 fencing
90 anat
90 tact
100 res spells
80 poison is use-able in pve

A

Azathes

I actually decided to go for Chiv...its surprisingly awesome, but blah I miss the negative karma :( Anyways a fast question on gear:

I have 4 FC 6 FCR 84% LRC (trying to get it higher) 7% CF 12 MR and 45 DCI
Got a bit but of HPR and HPI too...
Any recommendations you would make to what I should be aiming for ?

PSS: This gear costed me a fortune and most probably several days of grinding in despise and shame :D SO I REALLLY hope I am doing it right