• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

necromage weaver...

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
are they a thing of the past? Or is that template still used a lot? Thanks for any info

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
From my perspective as a PvM'er they are still a very powerful template. Most especially during the "Sorc. Dungeon Halloween Event" but works well for spawns as well.. only downside is TOOOO many macros to remember for spells.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
are they a thing of the past? Or is that template still used a lot? Thanks for any info
With a level 6 focus and a good SDI suit (110+) this is one of my favorite PvM templates. Super fast for coon spawns (great AoE damage for physical, fire, energy and cold damage). For critters with a slayer it has great single target DPS. Attunement, Gift of Renewal and Gift of Life are great for extra survivability. It can easily be set up to swap out Necro/SS for Mystic/Focus for times when having a powerful summons makes more sense (I like this setup for EM events: RC, heals and WoD at the end). For my main guy with this setup I also have him set up with soulstones to be able to swap out for taming/lore for times when I would rather have a pet than an RC.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wow yeah now what you just said lines up very nicely with my tamer and swapping out skills.... I have weaving already and mystic skills... just need Necro skills... think I may try it... are there too many macros like Kylie Kinslayer has said? I don't mind keyboard smashing... ive just been playing a tamer for so long I have to get my mind out of all kill mode lol

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow yeah now what you just said lines up very nicely with my tamer and swapping out skills.... I have weaving already and mystic skills... just need Necro skills... think I may try it... are there too many macros like Kylie Kinslayer has said? I don't mind keyboard smashing... ive just been playing a tamer for so long I have to get my mind out of all kill mode lol
It can be quite a few macros, though I find PvM uses fewer than PvP.

I use a gaming keyboard that has 3 macro switches for G-Keys, which works out nicely for a character that can run 3 templates. Magery probably has the most macros for the setup... with another 5 or so for SW... for PvM your probably talking about 5-8 more macros that are specific necro/taming/mystic.