• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro/Mage Vs Bushido/Dexxer

C

CKTC

I have a 6x120 Necro/Mage, 1 handed mage wep, 70 dci corpse proof all 70's. Pot using, apple using, petal using. No trap box usually.

I'm fighting a Bushido/Dexxer who has, evasion, 120 resist, orc brutes, lesser hiryu, disarm/bleed/mortal/parra/nerve strike/ai, pots, apples, bandages, faction bandages, max swing on all weps, delayed hit spell - so interrupting faster than the swing cap, 30 hld on glasses, 40 hld on every wep, corpse proof all 70's. Using trap box. Teleport scrolls, wall scrolls, invis items. No chiv.

First of all I have to go in protection otherwise I'm getting hit every 0.6 of a second and can only cast first circle spells. The phys penalty is also countered by my resist.

No chance at any omen combo as he removes it straight away with the trap box.
Curse is usually removed straight away.
Mind rot is removed straight away.
Blood oath is removed straight away, or he just tabs while on the timer.
No way of heal blocking due to pots.

Running away isn't an option as hes faster than I am (you can guess why).

So, so far this has me sitting on the spot spamming heal just to break even while the lesser hiryu &/or orc brutes hitting me. So as I'm forced to sit here when I get a chance I cast poison field on myself, this hits the ajacent tiles so he has to poison himself to hit me. However because of the lesser hiryu & brute & disarm I often have to run as 0 fc heals will probably mean dying to the pet/brute.

Ignoring that for the minute, as its taking pretty much all my spell casting just to heal and be alive I've got no chance of dealing any damage, so I need to rely on summons & blood oath.

Question 1: if I blood oath him I know I take more damage, but do I also take more damage from the lesser hiryu & brute?

I'm fairly sure he has more than one brute talisman, but...

Question 2: Is their timer linked? If I kill the brute and he tries to switch talismans shouldn't it still be on the timer? Normally Talisman timers reset when you unequip/re equip.

As I said Im fairly sure he has no chiv so...

Question 3: Should I try and kill the lesser hiryu/brute first?

A few times I've got him redlined but he just off screens...

Question 4: While we're playing the sit in a poison field being gnawed by pets game should I subtley try and parra or efield the area in hope that he will mess up or is it likely to be a waste of time because of the trap box/tele scrolls?

If he follows me with teleport scrolls I suppose I can get away from the pet/brute.

Any thoughts appreciated. Short of dragging the fight out until he runs out of something at which point he will probably leave anyway I think Ive covered all options but if theres some tactic I havent used Id be glad to hear it. Oh, I also dummy a large dump now and then to waste his evade but it doesnt get me anywhere due to the curse being gone by then.

Edit:
I dont know if he can use brute & lesser at same time cant remember the control slots.
Also, I want to know what else if anything I can do with THIS template vs him, so please refreain from saying get wrestle and disarm him etc as going more defensive will give me even less firepower.

G

GFY

If your dueling just one player, I would soul stone 120 resist for 120 wrestling. Drop the mage weapon and disarm the heck out of him. Carry some refresh pots to keep your stamina maxed out for easier disarms.

For spells I would spam mindblast and pain spike to drop his stamina (lowers his swing speed and makes disarming easier), drop a poison or 2 to interrupt his healing.

Stay away from big slow spells, he'll use evasion before you can get them off. Unless you fake him out and get him to waist evasion then hit him hard while he's waiting for it to recycle.

Q1) When you blood oath you don't take more damage, the damage given to you by whatever you blood oath is given back to him.

Q2) I'm not sure about the effects of the second talisman.

The hiyru isn't too hard, poison-mind blast-harm will slow him down greatly and finish him quickly.

The brute is a pain for a mage, try to keep away from it and just fight your opponent. If you get away from the brute and not kill it, I don't beleive he can summons another. The key to fighting a tamer type (weather it's pets or summons) is to get them away from their pets and fight them 1 on 1.

Finally, remember your fighting 3 against 1. Bring friends or lure away his pets / summons and just fight him!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Q1) When you blood oath you don't take more damage, the damage given to you by whatever you blood oath is given back to him.
Blood oath also increases the damage you take.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would try to Paralyze the brute, BO the dexxer. Curse after apple, try to nuke him down in 25 sec (apple cooldown, wish he doesnt hit you). Rinse and repeat until you get lucky and he gets a miss-streak.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would try to Paralyze the brute, BO the dexxer. Curse after apple, try to nuke him down in 25 sec (apple cooldown, wish he doesnt hit you). Rinse and repeat until you get lucky and he gets a miss-streak.
Apple timer is 15 seconds I believe.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apple timer is 15 seconds I believe.
Yah, you're right. It's 15sec which means that you'll have a hard time. Scribe-Mage with Wrestling or Parrying would imo have better chance vs that kind of dexer.

A

Arch Magus

haha. tough fight for sure, if not impossible without any gimmicks.

I usually just run like crazy around spawn, tele onto cliffs , etc.
Invis.
try to Evil omen/ para. double E field. most carry boxes though.
mana vamp can slow them down also.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How do they get the Orc Brutes? I got slaughtered by a PK with on orc brute the other day. Is that with spellweaving using Dryad Allure?

-OBSIDIAN-

4u2nv

i think they are a few ways of fighting him, you have to understand that this situation easily turned into a 3v1. What you can do is go in protection, lay para fields on your self, this will by you a lot of time where you can evil omen, para, invis the hiryu and the orc (not sure if orc is immune) at which point, now you can even summon a daemon and invis yourself (he may conflag but 20 sec cooldown is more than enough) and or get on mount assuming that both of you are on foot. Once on mount and you have a daemon, the rest is really on how you normally dump, you have to make sure u keep the hiryu poisoned, sick your daemon on him, mana vamp if you can, and basically do you. At this point, once you remount and hes on foot with the hiryu poisioned, you can easily out run the hiryu while dumping. Hope this helps.

A

Arch Magus

How do they get the Orc Brutes? I got slaughtered by a PK with on orc brute the other day. Is that with spellweaving using Dryad Allure?

-OBSIDIAN-
Orcish grammar talisman or something like that.

Dryad allure is also awesome.

A

Arch Magus

i think they are a few ways of fighting him, you have to understand that this situation easily turned into a 3v1. What you can do is go in protection, lay para fields on your self, this will by you a lot of time where you can evil omen, para, invis the hiryu and the orc (not sure if orc is immune) at which point, now you can even summon a daemon and invis yourself (he may conflag but 20 sec cooldown is more than enough) and or get on mount assuming that both of you are on foot. Once on mount and you have a daemon, the rest is really on how you normally dump, you have to make sure u keep the hiryu poisoned, sick your daemon on him, mana vamp if you can, and basically do you. At this point, once you remount and hes on foot with the hiryu poisioned, you can easily out run the hiryu while dumping. Hope this helps.
Invis the hiryu and orc? really, why?

Dunarrack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tbh if I am the one playing a evasion dexer and died to any mage 1v1 I would quit UO. Unless its a duel or you have some kind of super speedhack you can't touch me period.

Apple timer is 15 but he can alternate between faction bandaids and apples so you have 7.5 second window to kill him and if it was me on that dexer I would have worked 60 chiv and 4/6 casting into my suit to make your curses impossible. And if my mana gets low I will just take a hike. Not like a mage can do anything on the run.

Its a win-tie situation for me and lose-tie situation for the mage.

If he played that dexer template right. You can never kill him on a field fight.

A

Arch Magus

Tbh if I am the one playing a evasion dexer and died to any mage 1v1 I would quit UO. Unless its a duel or you have some kind of super speedhack you can't touch me period.

Apple timer is 15 but he can alternate between faction bandaids and apples so you have 7.5 second window to kill him and if it was me on that dexer I would have worked 60 chiv and 4/6 casting into my suit to make your curses impossible. And if my mana gets low I will just take a hike. Not like a mage can do anything on the run.

If he played that dexer template right. You can never kill him on a field fight.
This, basically.

C

CKTC

Thank you 4u2nv,

I haven't fought him again since I started this thread but I agree they are the next tactics to try.

& Thank you Dunarrack,

Although I play both casters and dexxers its helpful to have the comments of someone who is (or sounds) more pro dexxer in the argument to confirm what I thought.

I guess it comes down to the usual old PvP decider of who fks up first.

HunterXHunter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just want to throw in my "pro" dexer opinion. I have 3 archers, 2 evasion dexers. Unless it's a tamer mage with 2 pets then there's not much he can do. Mage can get fked up pretty easily during casting, or getting interrupted. Plus if your weapon has hit fireball/magic arrow, you just made his casting a living hell. Faction Aids combined with apple and remove curse make debuffing pretty much worthless. Actually if you are using a fast weapon (like a bokuto) with hit fireball, it's amazing hard for the mage to even cast curse on you. let along strangle/bloodoath/corpse skin which all take longer to cast than "Curse". If you dont count in remove curse, you get about 7 seconds to cast on him, if hes hitting you chances are you probably cant even get off an explosion or energy bolt. Then I get 4 second bandage going on constantly that heals for about 50 dmg a pop, your lighting isnt damaging enough to make my finger slip and you wont have time casting MB and EB. ALL THAT I still have evasion I can active which cuts your "successfully" cast spells in half.

I have never died to any mage 1v1 on my evasion dexer on the field, given that I run a lot. But for the mages they can fk on everything they are trying to do, and its not exactly hard to "fk up" offscreen as a dexer. And offscreen is bread and butter as a dexer as your ultimate defense.

If that guy you are trying to fight is half way decent, you will NOT be able to kill him no matter how many times you try.

I am sorry, mages arent exactly the be all and end all 1v1 field fighting template anymore, any dexer can be better nuker AND survivor as long as there's place to run offscreen to.

I

InspectorGadget

Doesnt help too much, but laying poison fields on yourself will keep his "pets" of you. The AI of them is to move out of the fields, which may make it a little easier. Also it may make it give you a few seconds to dump as he may not want to stand in it wasting his cure pots.

I have tried to do this on my nox-necro, with and evil omen just before he steps into it(sometimes they dont insta cure!), usually they will leave the field after about 2hits of poison, typically im spamming harm at this point...then when he leaves mind blast, lighting, poison fields.

Ill be honest, i dont win much...but they usually run outta pots first and leave.

HunterXHunter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt help too much, but laying poison fields on yourself will keep his "pets" of you. The AI of them is to move out of the fields, which may make it a little easier. Also it may make it give you a few seconds to dump as he may not want to stand in it wasting his cure pots.

I have tried to do this on my nox-necro, with and evil omen just before he steps into it(sometimes they dont insta cure!), usually they will leave the field after about 2hits of poison, typically im spamming harm at this point...then when he leaves mind blast, lighting, poison fields.

Ill be honest, i dont win much...but they usually run outta pots first and leave.
Yes as I said its a lose-tie situation for the mage.

Depending on fields means you are forced into playing defense before the fight even started. And there are many places in Fel that you cannot cast field. AND even if you cast fields they can just WALK AWAY if whiff happens, and/or eat a petal and rush into your field to try to kill you quick (using fields means you are sticking to the fields and dont run away so you ARE GOING TO GET HIT). If he hits you 3-4 consective times there's a dead mage, and if he whiffs... run offscreen heal up to full and come back full hp, fully chugged up... heck i will even "pre-bandage" before I start spamming you with specials.

[1v1 Field Fight] Mage vs Dexer:
Mage can die to anything like bad RNG rolls.
Dexers can only die to stupidity.

I

InspectorGadget

Yes as I said its a lose-tie situation for the mage.

Depending on fields means you are forced into playing defense before the fight even started. And there are many places in Fel that you cannot cast field. AND even if you cast fields they can just WALK AWAY if whiff happens, and/or eat a petal and rush into your field to try to kill you quick (using fields means you are sticking to the fields and dont run away so you ARE GOING TO GET HIT). If he hits you 3-4 consective times there's a dead mage, and if he whiffs... run offscreen heal up to full and come back full hp, fully chugged up... heck i will even "pre-bandage" before I start spamming you with specials.

[1v1 Field Fight] Mage vs Dexer:
Mage can die to anything like bad RNG rolls.
Dexers can only die to stupidity.
I agree, its hard and yes its defensive...but the move away does give time for a mana vap dump. and unless you catch the dexxer of guard a mage is always going to be defensive, have to try an out last the other person as they drain there mana.

Its difficult to kill dexxers, not impossible mind, i have seen some aawesome mages destroy bush dexxers(not bad dexxers either), they just have the timing down to an art.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After re reading your post I can safely say this: Most bushido dexxers are not going to be that prepared. lolol

That guy is just a beast on preparations.

C

CKTC

I can force a tie pretty easy & have had him off screen redlined. Haven't fought him in a while, I'm going to try mixing the fields up more and killing pets/summons. The one time I had him redlined his damn lesser hiryu hit the dismount right as I went to chase lol. The guys got some luck thats for sure.

G

GFY

Maybe it's time to put disarm back the way it was before, when all the dexers cried that wrestle/mages were over powered.

It really surprised me that they changed disarm because mages and dexers were pretty even before.

Just the humble opinion of a cranky ole mage. :bored:

A

Aeneas

I can force a tie pretty easy & have had him off screen redlined. Haven't fought him in a while, I'm going to try mixing the fields up more and killing pets/summons. The one time I had him redlined his damn lesser hiryu hit the dismount right as I went to chase lol. The guys got some luck thats for sure.
If you can get him red-lined off screen, Summon a Vengeful spirit to help you out. Honestly, against someone like that, when he run away red-line, I would run in the opposite direction teleport onto something and invis myself.

Evasion + pot + apple + aids + mounted is extremely mage-resistant.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least he waits till he's redlined. There's a dexer on Great Lakes named Morpheus. He's bad, just horrible. If I get an explode casted he runs, comes back until his bleed/ai/ai hits without whiffing. Then I chug a heal pot and mini heal and he runs. Then he comes back to try again, if I get an explode casted he runs.

Chased this kid for an hour last night.

HunterXHunter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least he waits till he's redlined. There's a dexer on Great Lakes named Morpheus. He's bad, just horrible. If I get an explode casted he runs, comes back until his bleed/ai/ai hits without whiffing. Then I chug a heal pot and mini heal and he runs. Then he comes back to try again, if I get an explode casted he runs.

Chased this kid for an hour last night.
Typical demostration of my mage vs dexer "tie-lose" concept.
At least he knows how to run away, and any dexer come prepared (pots, box, apples ect) that arent ashamed to execute their "offscreen" skill can be unkillable by a mage.

Dexers only stands within your spell range low hp if he believes he can kill you within the next swing or two (which is what I mean by cocky).

Mage vs Dexer 1v1 field fight, mage can die in many ways whereas a dexer can only die to pure stupidity (being cocky).

G

GFY

Add necro and drop a strangle before he runs away.

Should keep him from coming back. :violin:

HunterXHunter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add necro and drop a strangle before he runs away.

Should keep him from coming back. :violin:
Strangle is long casting, and it's hard to do when a dexer is right on top of you but OK somehow you strangled him the first tick dont start after 4 or 5 second which his bandage already kicked in then lets say hes a noob and forgot to bandage, he can instant apple, then lets again assume hes a noob and dont carry apples, he can faction bandage, then lets assume hes not a faction player, he can remove curse it, then lets assume hes running a complete noobie "ELF" template that dont even have chiv (human 20 has good chance to cast remove curse still) he can red pot to full stam then strangle will only tick for like 2 dmg...

If a dexer really got down to a point he's relying on stam pot to keep strangle's damage low then he's probably a pure trammie (actually worse because many trammies knows how to use pots and carrying apples) trying to PvP for the very first time but then even so 2 to 3 damage a tick aint killing any dexer let along an evasion version of it. Even if the character is played by a monkey that knows nothing but running in straight line and dont get blocked by obstruction, the dexer still will not die.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why am i here.

Your plight is a good one.

Any way to dispel the brute not sure about tali summons. As for his hiyru well confusion blast potions are good to use now and then especially on pets.