• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Necro Mage Template Suggestions

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am dusting off a Necro Mage from an old account. Before I go through the process of reconfiguring any skills, I wanted to post up a thread to get some input.

It would be used for general PVM. Skill setup would have Magery, Eval Intel, Necromancy and Spirit Speak at a minimum. What other two or three skills are you using? Any suggested artifacts?

I do have full super slayer sets of Juo'nars Grimoire and Scrappers, plus Scrappers with skills. May also utilize the Katakotl ring from current Deceit event to squeeze out some more skill points.

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated !

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Animal Taming and Animal Lore :lol: (I am a tameraholic ;) )

Seriously though.. I still have Med and Inscription on mine, seems outdated these days though.. so just posting to see what the latest greatest thoughts on the temp are..

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
One of the builds I am strongly considering is the following:
100 Magery (will be 120 with Katakotl ring)
120 Eval Intel
100 Necromancy
110 Spirit Speak (will be 120 with the SS Talisman)
120 Spellweaving
100 Poisoning
070 Meditation (will be 80 with Katakotl ring)

I would be getting about 40 points out of items assuming use of Katakotl ring and one of the turn-in-point talismans.. I also have Scrappers with skill points and full sets of Super Slayer Juo'nar Grimoires, but those aren't factored into the layout above.

Here are a few questions I have:
- While I would likely go with the Spellweaving Mastery, I would also consider the Magery, Necro and Poisoning Masteries. That may require me to pick a different skill with the Katakotl ring. Is there any case to make use of something other than the Spellweaving mastery here?
- In most any Necro build I see, most people aren't going above 100. Is there any reason for real skill to be above 100, outside of the possibility of using the Necro mastery?

I considered Inscription in place of either Poisoning or Spellweaving, especially as I already have a few other Spellweavers. Anyone have other skill template suggestions? Any specific gear suggestions?

Thank you in advance to any advice.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use the Kata ring and a Necromancer`s Phylactery for the following tamer build:
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 SS
120 Taming
120 Lore
100 Meditation
60 Necro

The 60 necro with 120 SS gives me 100% wraith form and strong corpse skin. The benefit of this build is its versatility. You can replace the 240 Lore/Taming with Focus/Mysticsm, Music/Disco, and SW/Poisoning (use the extra 20 for poisoning to raise meditation to 120).

I also use the below build, though I have to utilize an imbued bracelet with +15 magery/necro, which reduces my SDI a little:
110 Magery
120 Eval
120 SS
120 Taming
120 Lore
100 Meditation
100 Necro

Again, you can replace the 240 Taming/Lore with a variety of options.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is what I run real skill. With gear mods I have 120 eval, magery, necro, spirit speak, and 100 meditation. My gear gives me a 143 base SDI without buffs and it works great. It's possible to get higher SDI but I'd have to sacrifice the +20 necro I get from the Midnight Bracers. For mastery I run Spellweaving 3 for the Summon Reaper and Mana Shield. I find the necro and magery masteries are lacking. And sometimes I swap out my poisoning with inscription depending on what I'm doing. But having the innate poison resistance is nice.

Skills-Real.JPG

Last edited:

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I use the Kata ring and a Necromancer`s Phylactery for the following tamer build:
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 SS
120 Taming
120 Lore
100 Meditation
60 Necro

The 60 necro with 120 SS gives me 100% wraith form and strong corpse skin. The benefit of this build is its versatility. You can replace the 240 Lore/Taming with Focus/Mysticsm, Music/Disco, and SW/Poisoning (use the extra 20 for poisoning to raise meditation to 120).

I also use the below build, though I have to utilize an imbued bracelet with +15 magery/necro, which reduces my SDI a little:
110 Magery
120 Eval
120 SS
120 Taming
120 Lore
100 Meditation
100 Necro

Again, you can replace the 240 Taming/Lore with a variety of options.
Thanks for sharing all this!! This is very interesting and I really like the multiple templates you can get.

I have one question tho. What’s the combo with SW and Poisoning?

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for sharing all this!! This is very interesting and I really like the multiple templates you can get.

I have one question tho. What’s the combo with SW and Poisoning?

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Not sure, frankly. I’ve don’t use Poisoning on my template. I just included it because the OP mentioned wanting Poisoning on their template, haha.

Aestra

Adventurer
Always wondered about running this build without meditation and in lieu of that play a max studded LMC MR suit using focus and wraith form for mana.

Also mysticism instead of SW