• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro/Mage Tamer vrs Mage/Weaver Tamer PvM

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 templates for PvM having a hard time deciding. Which do you think is best or Well rounded for PvM:

Template 1:
110 Tame
110 Lore
100 Vet
100 Mage
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Spellweaving

Template 2:
110 Tame
110 Lore
100 Vet
100 Necro
100 Spirt
100 Med
100 Mage

Template 3:
110 Tame
110 Lore
100 Vet
100 Necro
100 Spirit
100 Magery
100 Spellweaving

C

controlfive

number 2 for sure. necro just has too much versatility to skip over, and there are times when med is a must. semidar is a good example; i have gm med, 14 mr on my suit, and 13/10 seconds regen in lich form, and i need every bit of it when i duo her with a friend. i can heal my dragon through her damage without retreating or resetting the fight. gift of renewal is overrated :p

i would tweak that template a little, though. this is what i'm running:

110 taming
110 lore
90 vet
100 necro (95 base)
120 spirit speak (110 base)
110 magery (105 base)
100 med

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Six in template 1, a half dozen in template 2.

Advantages for template 1:
Word of Death
Gift of renewal

Advantages for template 2:
Lich form
Wraith form
Wither
Necro-curses

I ran template 1 (a variant of, I had more magery) for a while, and I loved it.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'd rule out the third template, as you've got 3 casting skills and no med ;) Spellweaving sucks up mana like nobody's business, so I think the third is going to be tricky for that reason :)

I'd probably choose 1 over 2 because if you get a high enough focus, spellweaving is great. You also don't have the negative karma issues a necro has with certain spawns. That said necro tamers are great fun, so maybe you should build one of each :D

Wenchy

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Mage/weaver/tamer for peerless, mage/necro/tamer for champs.