• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Macefighting] Necro Macer

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought a necro macer would be fun to try. I like the idea of a big hitting dexxer. This would probably be a PvM char. I know I'll need a lot of dex.

I got an orc chieftains helm to help out on the HPs so I can up the dex and mana. I figured to run midnight bracers and a bloodwood spirit so I could have some room for more skill points. Ring of vile for poison resist and hit chance + dex. I've got a bracelet with 13/11 tact/mace and 2/1 casting. Also figured on the vesper order shield for HCI & DCI.

What would be the best skill levels? I'd like to be able to fit resist on the char, but am not sure what to shoot for?

Is this char really feasible, or am I better staying with a fencer. If going necro, what spells and tactics should I work on? Any input is appreciated.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop the midnight bracers and bloodwood spirit. At least the midnight bracers. The resists are horrible. If you're going to use bushido, which I suggest for double damage and the spells (especially if you use parry), do NOT use a shield. I'd go with mace and shields instead of the orc chieftain helm, for the hit lower defense, so you don't need to have that mod on a weapon. And don't use your bracelet, get one with DCI and HCI. I really wouldn't use resist in PvM either.

I would personally recommend using a template like

120 macing
120 bushido
120 anatomy/parry/resist (I'd say Doom is the only place you'd need resist)
120 tactics
120 spirit speak
80 chivalry
40 necromancy

Stats of

125 dexterity
120 strength
10 intelligence

If you use an elf. If you go human, raise intelligence, to about 45.

Always have protection on, so you never fail with curse weapon, and run in wraith form.
Or, you could drop tactics, spirit speak, and chiv 20 points each, and have 100 necromancy, so you could swap between wraith form and necro form at will. I'm planning on trying that out with my next character actually. So that would look like

120 macing
120 bushido
120 anatomy/parry/resist (in Doom)
100 spirit speak
100 tactics
100 necromancy
60 chivalry

with same stats as before.

Suit should be something like

Mace and Shields (pretty much standard, for the HLD)
Jackal's collar or gorget of choice (I like Jackal's for the dex and fire)
Heart of the Lion or Rune Beetle Carapace for the tunic
High resist sleeves
High resist gloves (I wouldn't advise Stormgrip or Gauntlets of Nobility, you should be able to easily get at least close to 100 DI with weapon, talisman, and jewelry, if not, go for those if the resists will work)
Leggings of Bane or Fey Leggings (depending on if you need the DCI or HCI more)
HCI/DCI ring (other mods that would be great are dexterity/strength bonus and damage increase)
Bracelet, same mods as ring really

Now for the weapon, the hardest part, really. You're gonna want a diamond mace if you go macing. I'll list the mods, first being absolutely required, last being nice, but you can run without.

Hit Mana Leech (this is COMPLETELY necessary, although not required with wraith really)
Swing Speed Increase (no matter how high your dex is, a diamond mace is slow without it)
Hit Stamina Leech (much easier than casting Divine Fury and drinking pots, not required)
Hit Lower Attack (even if you have 45 DCI and 120 weapon skill, bushido, and parry, this helps)
Damage Increase (more damage is always good, but it isn't quite as important as the others, especially if you run vampiric embrace AND curse weapon)
HCI/DCI (you should have more than enough on the suit and jewelry)

That should pretty much cover everything but tactics depending on your form.

Vampiric Embrace: Just beat the hell out of whatever you're fighting, cast evasion and confidence (alternate between them) if you have parry. Cast Curse Weapon every once in a while. Consecrate if necessary, always keep Enemy of One up.

Wraith Form: You MUST cast Curse Weapon every 25 seconds or so. Without it, you WILL die, since you have no other source of healing. Cure pots to get rid of poison. Other than those two points, same tactics as vampiric.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about using animate dead and running Horrific beast for HP regen. I hate para and poison, but I guess trapped boxes and orange petals would help there. I've never ran without healing so that would take getting used to.

Is parry and bush a must?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't recommend it. I think that you can't cast spells in Horrific Beast form. Which is bad. No curse weapon, 0% of the damage you do is leeched as life instead of 50%.

I would say it is, parry does help quite a bit with not getting hit, and bushido is so useful if you have parry. It's useful even without it for the 100% damage increase from perfection (use the Honor virtue on a monster you're getting ready to fight, every consecutive hit increases your damage).

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much bush is neeeded? Does it have to be GM-120? I run 50 on my archer for double strike with a yumi. With honor he gets the perfection bonuses.

Just made a diamond mace with 45 ML, 50 SL, 30 SSI and 40 DI. From what I've read, this is a really good weapon for necro. Just curious...know what it's worth?

Also, what stats should I shoot for?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's better than what I run. Mine's something like 50 mana, 14 DCI, 25 SSI, and 50 DI.

125 dexterity
120 strength
10 intelligence

Is what I run.

I would go 120 bushido. Takes a lot less consecutive hits to max out perfection than it would at 50. Also higher chance at a critical hit from lightning strike, you can use evasion, counter attack, and confidence really well if you have 120 parry too.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the input. Now to figure out my suit and then work bush and parry.

N

NickyDishes

what shard are u on i want that diamond mace u got mine only has 20 ssi