• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro archer

Farley81

Visitor
Hey all,

I've come back after about 10 years away.
I have 120 necro and ss on a soul stone so I decided to make a necro archer.
My question is what's better to have with this build Bushido, Ninjitus, chivalry?

The build I was thinking of is
Archery 120
Tactics 120
Necro 120
Spiritspeak 120
Bushido 120
Resist 120

Thia would be to kill mobs so I can find treasure maps for my treasure hunter.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey all,

My question is what's better to have with this build Bushido, Ninjitus, chivalry?

Archery 120
Tactics 120
Necro 120
Spiritspeak 120
Bushido 120
Resist 120

Your going to want max dmg inc and max dmg modifier (I believe theres a write up in warrior forum about how to achieve both) plus max ssi, stam, lmc, and lots of mana with this build. If you cant achieve these in your suit your going to need chiv to get you there. You can kill things just fine, but you will probably want EP since spirit speak is a sketchy heal in a pinch (meaning it gets disrupted a lot).

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I run a vamp thrower on one shard. Same concept as a Necro Archer. Replace Throwing for Archery. Template is:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing/Resist
100 Necro
95 Chivalry
80 Bushido

If you have 120 Necro and 120 SS on a stone, I would put those on a mage character. You just don’t need 120 Necro on many templates except the old school Necro-Mage.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hey all,

Archery 120
Tactics 120
Necro 120
Spiritspeak 120
Bushido 120
Resist 120

I run a PVM build and use it primarily as a Wraith Archer. I can leach back lots of mana and if it's a hunt where I can stay in a stationary position, it will do a significant amount of damage per second.

The skill breakdown is:
115 Archery (120 with Despicable Quiver)
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
060 Necromancy
105 Spirit Speak (120 with jewels)
100 Chivalry

Why only 60 Necro? I use Necro mainly for Wraith form and Curse weapon. At 60 necro, you can cast 12 of the 17 Necro spells. I have a separate suit macro which will swap items for and LRC suit and other items with + Necromancy to get up to 100 Necro in the event I ever really need to cast any other Necro spells, but I generally don't use this character in that way.

If you're not interested in doing Wraith form, you can back out either Chiv / SS or Anat and replace with Bushido.

My last comment/question - is why 120 Necro? Even if you're going to be using Vamp Form, only 99 is necessary. The additional 20 points doesn't do much for you. I would suggest re-routing those points if you add another skill.

Good luck!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I run a PVM build and use it primarily as a Wraith Archer. I can leach back lots of mana and if it's a hunt where I can stay in a stationary position, it will do a significant amount of damage per second.

The skill breakdown is:
115 Archery (120 with Despicable Quiver)
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
060 Necromancy
105 Spirit Speak (120 with jewels)
100 Chivalry

Why only 60 Necro? I use Necro mainly for Wraith form and Curse weapon. At 60 necro, you can cast 12 of the 17 Necro spells. I have a separate suit macro which will swap items for and LRC suit and other items with + Necromancy to get up to 100 Necro in the event I ever really need to cast any other Necro spells, but I generally don't use this character in that way.

If you're not interested in doing Wraith form, you can back out either Chiv / SS or Anat and replace with Bushido.

My last comment/question - is why 120 Necro? Even if you're going to be using Vamp Form, only 99 is necessary. The additional 20 points doesn't do much for you. I would suggest re-routing those points if you add another skill.

Good luck!
Are you using the EC client and the macro system there for this strategy?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are you using the EC client and the macro system there for this strategy?
That is correct - I am a big proponent of the Enhanced Client. I understand many folks prefer the nostalgia of CC graphics and some of the additional assistance programs that are available for the CC but not the EC - but I believe the EC is much better as a stand-alone program for game play purposes. Almost all of my characters will have an entire second or third suit that I can equip with one button and I find it much easier to set up with EC than using the various assistance programs on the CC.

The same goes for Weapon/Slayer setups. I have some characters where I will have a full bar of macros that will change weapons and/or cameos for different content that can be updated easily on the EC and activated with one button. Not sure where you stand on the great "CC vs EC" debate, but I would strongly suggest giving it a look if you would like to find a method to make your gameplay more efficient. :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well for me I just prefer the Classic graphics and have just not put in the time on the learning curve for the the Enhanced client. Since I do not use any of the CC assist programs there really isn't a value of sticking with the CC other than its what I have always done and are use to.

That being said. Figuring out my next phase of PVM has been interesting and I could see taking a step over to EC and learning the macro abilities. It would be very nice to easily switch spellbooks and from my high damage suit to my luck suit when appropriate.

There is always something to learn in UO.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I received a question about this build recently so wanted to share my write up that reflects some changes I've made:

I changed my skills around a little bit... I now have the following real skills:
100 Archery (120 with +5 Despicable Quiver and +15 Ring)
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
100 Spirit Speak (115 with +15 Bracelet)
100 Resist Spells
080 Focus

I am playing this build as a human. Human has natural 20 Necromancy from the Jack-of-all-trades passive. 20 Necromancy is enough to maintain Wraith form after it's been successfully cast. I have a separate suit I will switch to which has 100% Lower Reagent Cost and +40 Necromancy. I will put that on ONLY for casting Wraith form.

Once I am in Wraith Form, I switch my suit to a build that has 121 Hit Points, 115 Mana, 215 Stamina. I will use Greater Strength Potions and Trinsic Petals to get to 150 Strength which will bring me to 137 Hit Points. The most important stat here is your Stamina. You want to be able to use a Composite Bow and hit at maximum speed of 1.25 seconds per hit. You will need atleast 55 Swing Speed Increase - I get 30 from my Weapon and 25 from items.

In terms of artifacts I am using, I have the Desciple Quiver in the back slot, Cameo in the Talisman slot, Ozy Obi in the belt spot. Conjurer's garb in the Robe slot. Mythical Royal Guard boots in feet slot. Rest of suit is Bone/Studded so that I can get to the 55 LMC bonus cap.

The purpose of this build is to regenerate and leach back AS MUCH MANA AS POSSIBLE. In Wraith Form, with 37% Mana Leach on the Bow, with 100 to 120 Spirit Speak - I am leaching back an insane amount of mana. It's probably overkill. I probably should re-route some of the points I have in focus to another skill like more Chiv or Healing. I can chain Armor Ignore pretty much non-stop. If you can find the rhythm where you can chain AI like that at 1.25 ticks per hit, you're going to be doing massive damage.

The problem with this build is that Wraith form doesn't have very good movement. It's best for fights where you can stay stationary a bit. You don't have alot of natural defenses, so I don't suggest using it for solo hunting. I have generally used it for hunting in bigger groups where someone else will be tanking down the boss.

Felipovisk

Adventurer
I received a question about this build recently so wanted to share my write up that reflects some changes I've made:

I changed my skills around a little bit... I now have the following real skills:
100 Archery (120 with +5 Despicable Quiver and +15 Ring)
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
100 Spirit Speak (115 with +15 Bracelet)
100 Resist Spells
080 Focus

I am playing this build as a human. Human has natural 20 Necromancy from the Jack-of-all-trades passive. 20 Necromancy is enough to maintain Wraith form after it's been successfully cast. I have a separate suit I will switch to which has 100% Lower Reagent Cost and +40 Necromancy. I will put that on ONLY for casting Wraith form.

Once I am in Wraith Form, I switch my suit to a build that has 121 Hit Points, 115 Mana, 215 Stamina. I will use Greater Strength Potions and Trinsic Petals to get to 150 Strength which will bring me to 137 Hit Points. The most important stat here is your Stamina. You want to be able to use a Composite Bow and hit at maximum speed of 1.25 seconds per hit. You will need atleast 55 Swing Speed Increase - I get 30 from my Weapon and 25 from items.

In terms of artifacts I am using, I have the Desciple Quiver in the back slot, Cameo in the Talisman slot, Ozy Obi in the belt spot. Conjurer's garb in the Robe slot. Mythical Royal Guard boots in feet slot. Rest of suit is Bone/Studded so that I can get to the 55 LMC bonus cap.

The purpose of this build is to regenerate and leach back AS MUCH MANA AS POSSIBLE. In Wraith Form, with 37% Mana Leach on the Bow, with 100 to 120 Spirit Speak - I am leaching back an insane amount of mana. It's probably overkill. I probably should re-route some of the points I have in focus to another skill like more Chiv or Healing. I can chain Armor Ignore pretty much non-stop. If you can find the rhythm where you can chain AI like that at 1.25 ticks per hit, you're going to be doing massive damage.

The problem with this build is that Wraith form doesn't have very good movement. It's best for fights where you can stay stationary a bit. You don't have alot of natural defenses, so I don't suggest using it for solo hunting. I have generally used it for hunting in bigger groups where someone else will be tanking down the boss.
Why you arent using bushido? wouldnt it be nice to have at least 80, in place of focus?
And why are you going only 100 RS? wouldnt be better if you go with 120?
Your suit has any DCI increase?
RS is the best opiton? what about 100 healing instead of resisting spells?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Why you arent using bushido? wouldnt it be nice to have at least 80, in place of focus?
And why are you going only 100 RS? wouldnt be better if you go with 120?
Your suit has any DCI increase?
RS is the best opiton? what about 100 healing instead of resisting spells?
I have other Archer/Thrower builds that have Bushido. I don't like to have too many duplicate builds. Between Tactics, Anatomy, 100% Damage Increase on my suit and Slayer weapons, I don't believe there is much any advantage for me to have Bushido. Combined with Chivalry, I am pretty close to damage caps. The passive Stamina and Mana regeneration from Focus is more valuable for what I use this build for.

100 Resist Spells, along with Remove Curse from Chivalry and Enchanted Apples, is more than enough to provide the protection I need on this build. I am generally fighting from a stationary and ranged position, so if anything, I could possibly consider dumping Resist Spells all together. In the event I did do that, I would probably replace with Healing as you suggested. However, I am healing with Spirit Speak, Close Wounds from Chivalry and Heal potions. I also have one bow with Life Leach, although I rarely use it. So I already have alot of healing options... which is why I've found the value in having the points in RS.

I have some DCI from my jewels, gear and the Warrior's Gift passive ability from the Archery mastery. I am not worried about DCI too much with this build since its purpose is primary offensive.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have other Archer/Thrower builds that have Bushido. I don't like to have too many duplicate builds. Between Tactics, Anatomy, 100% Damage Increase on my suit and Slayer weapons, I don't believe there is much any advantage for me to have Bushido. Combined with Chivalry, I am pretty close to damage caps. The passive Stamina and Mana regeneration from Focus is more valuable for what I use this build for.
Bushido would allow you to use Confidence to heal, which a Confidence+Spirit Speak combo is a pretty potent heal. 50+ Bushido would also allow you to use Double Shot and Armor Pierce from a Yumi, which can deliver more damage than AI against lower resists foes.