• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro AI

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like a stealth change leaked out. I did not see in patch notes. And not sure what this means exactly.

But:

Bleak Posts: 22Dev
2:14PM Flag
Necro AI casting Corpse Skin has been adjusted in Pub 100.

Does this mean it is on TC?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Looks like a stealth change leaked out. I did not see in patch notes. And not sure what this means exactly.

But:

Yep would be interested to see what the adjustment is..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

But:

Kind of.

Per patch notes:

Pet AI: Necromancy/Necromage no longer casts Corpse Skin if pet’s damage type is physical or cold.

Per my conversation with Bleak on TC1, if a pet is tied in damage types, say a 50% physical 50% fire, it will not cast corpse skin, it sides with physical if even resists.

Nightmares are only 40% Physical, 60 "other stuff", so a Nightmare still casts corpse skin (this was confirmed via testing a necromage nightmare)

I tested Shadow Wyrms also, they have innate Necromancy and they were still casting Corpse Skin. I brought that to Bleak's attention and he found the issue, which was something with Necromancy AI.

Khyro has more necromage pets than I do, so he will test when he gets a chance I am sure.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Duh. I think I mentioned it in the other thread. :dunce:

so, corpse skin does this:

Transforms the flesh of the target creature or player to resemble rotted corpse flesh, making them more vulnerable to Fire and Poison damage, but increasing their resistance to Physical and Cold damage. Fire and Poison resist each reduced by 15, physical and cold resist each increased by 10.

So only pets that do Fire or poison damage will benefit. But

Nightmare 40 phy 40 fire 20 energy
Will benefit from doing more fire damage but will do less physical 5% damage increase.

Tsuki wolf 90 phy 5 cold 5 energy
Would not benefit at all. Would do less damage

Ossein Ram 50 phy 25 cold 25 energy
Would not benefit would get 2 types less damage

Dread Spider 20 phy 80 poison
We have a winner! 12% more damage? (needs math check)

Flappy pet 75 phy 25 cold
No benefit at all would be 100% damage type reduction

Any other pets able to get Necro? Unicorn is not on hunters guide...

Is it worth the mana cost for a PvM nightmare. And if they removed it from Nightmares there's gonna be some angry PvPers.

Which spell is the candles? Does that one work for a Ram?

Thanks

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Duh. I think I mentioned it in the other thread. :dunce:

so, corpse skin does this:

Transforms the flesh of the target creature or player to resemble rotted corpse flesh, making them more vulnerable to Fire and Poison damage, but increasing their resistance to Physical and Cold damage. Fire and Poison resist each reduced by 15, physical and cold resist each increased by 10.
Still does it, just pets that do physical/cold will no longer cast it, thereby hindering their damage.

Nightmare 40 phy 40 fire 20 energy
Will still cast corpse skill

Tsuki wolf 90 phy 5 cold 5 energy
Tsuki will no longer cast it.

Ossein Ram 50 phy 25 cold 25 energy
Ossein will no longer cast it.

Dread Spider 20 phy 80 poison
Will still cast it.

Flappy pet 75 phy 25 cold
Will no longer cast it.

Any other pets able to get Necro?
Hellhounds, Hell Cats, Windrunner, Grizzled off the top of my head

Which spell is the candles? Does that one work for a Ram?
Conduit, broken on all from what i have tested in the past.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i've been pestering the hell out of the devs ever since Pub 97 first went on TC to fix Corpse Skin casting on Physical/Cold pets. Made a post on the official UO forums about it, and got Bleak to respond and fix it. Necro Pet Bugs

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting that the Fire Steed can't do Necro.
So the way it looks, there is no 5 slot pet that can take advantage of corpse skin.
Even with the change, there seems to be no reason to put Necro on pets other than for RP or entertainment reasons.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He does still have to fix the issue regarding the Necromancy AI, but i think it will be a nice change. There are a couple reasons to put Necro on a pet...

That Bleak though, really needs to be given credit. I found him on TC1 after East Coast work hours (as I often find him and even Kyronix) and he was quick to look into or answer questions I had about the Necromancy/Necromage change.