• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Neat items that could be used for turn-in

• Thread starter IPlayUOTOOMuCH
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

I was walking around Moonglow looking in shops and buildings and seeing everyday type items that players have no access too.
Items such as:
Archery Butte
Anchors (ok we can get these)
Open Books
Moulding Boards (Big Pizza Spachala)
Clean up Brit style plants
Hanging Armor (chainmail)
Pigs feet, Pig head, pig carcuss
This is just an example of items, from which there are many many more, Devs could dye different colors or give slightly different tiltes, as not to devalue any true rares collectors.
But many many more common type items such as a spitoon, that players cant make, cant get.
Make these items the turn in rewards. I promiss they won't unbalance pvp!

P

pallas

Might as well ask for bookshelves (filled) too... only been asking for them about 8 or 9 years now. :\

I

imported_Trebr Drab

I completely agree. Also, they could take some item art and modify it to suit the circumstances, for example, they could take an urn and add a statue art to the front of it, give it green variations of colors, and call it an "Ophidian Urn". Or put runic symbols on them, etc. Pretext would be that the royal guard had broken into an Ophidian treasure trove.

There's lots of things that a little imagination can accomplish without adding more powerful inflation, and still make things rewarding and interesting.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

There's lots of things that a little imagination can accomplish without adding more powerful inflation, and still make things rewarding and interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! What's better is those items already exist, so no art modeling and nothing more than a copypaste of code.

Too much to expect, apparently.

G

We can get open books too.. the glassblowing mining and stonecrafting books, remember?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More turn in Items, cakes, snow globes, mini house deeds come to mind

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

How about for an extremely large amount of points that mounted dragon head that is in near the Luna bank. I would like that.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

I was walking around Moonglow looking in shops and buildings and seeing everyday type items that players have no access too.
Items such as:
Archery Butte
Open Books
This is just an example of items, from which there are many many more, Devs could dye different colors or give slightly different tiltes, as not to devalue any true rares collectors.
But many many more common type items such as a spitoon, that players cant make, cant get.
Make these items the turn in rewards. I promiss they won't unbalance pvp!

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the items youre refering too such as hanging armor open books, molding boards are also server births (old and rare)

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Items such as:
Archery Butte
Open Books

[/ QUOTE ]
They will get devalued regardless. Look at open book (small and big), kettle, trays, rock, broken chair, covered chair, bloody water, wash basin, hanging leather armor, skull candles, pile of books, skinned goat, fur, skinned deer, bottles (gargoyle ones), normal bottles and some others.
Their prices dropped regardless of the changed name/hue.

Rares collecting has never been recognised as a proper playing style. Which is a shame, since many very dedicated people (with many accounts at that), collect rares.

There are thousands of items to decorate a house. And do you ever see any new item -that ruined a rare- used nicely in a home? I rarely do. Mostly they get thrown on the floor at wbb/Luna or added to someone's collection of trash.

/rares collectors rant

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

That's right...
Different colors and different names might keep the collectors from being too angry.

E

eolsunder1

Well rare collecting really isn't in UO much anymore, they distroyed it long ago when they flushed many new items into the game which were exactly like the old rares (already named above).

Many people aren't really rare collectors, but are just collectors. Sadly UO distroyed rare collecting long ago. I remember perfectly the month when a group of big rare collectors on catskills sold off and left the game, was pretty sad. A nice little group who kept all the fun stuff (chessmen, pans, etc). Then we all decided time to get out.. sold off all the stuff, got rid of the castles, rares, etc. And said bye bye.

But i guess its better than the old days when the superdupers had all the gold and the rares and would pay anything to get them (why not, they could dupe 120 million gold a day, how hard was it).

G

I always wanted plates with food on them and the fork spoon and knife set that are stuck together. I remember on the mondains legacy beta you could get a glass with water in it instead of the water pitchers but people threw a fit because the glass is rare so they got rid of them. I didn't see the big deal since they said acquired by begging on them. I collect rares but it doesnt bother me if they put the same thing out if they name it different. That way mine is still original but other people can enjoy having the same thing just named different.

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

These items could also be marked with a special title such as:
"In honor of saving Moonglow" or "For battling the Shadowlords" or "I saved Moonglow and all I got was this Spittoon."
I always wanted a spittoon is UO. Why can't my my crafters make this item?