• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Near Shore Crabbin'

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I have searched and read most of the threads about lobster and crab methods and results. I am currently using a technique of laying out traps from a a rowboat near shore and picking them up on the bobs or a minute or so, minimizing trap loss.

But my ratios of regular crab and lobster to named seems high. Do you think there is a difference between deep and shallow waters for named crab and lobsters?

Thanks for you opinions....

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the water depth matters, what's happening to you is you're taking the traps out too fast. Somewhere in this forum is an explanation by one of the devs that explains, leaving them in until the 4th and 5th bob gives a much larger chance of getting named and rare crabs and lobsters. I lose about 1/3 or a little over of all my traps, but I get good amounts of named and rares. If you're worried about losing traps, then you'll settle for a lot less good stuff.