• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Navigator’s World Map

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trial and error. Heh. Sometimes you get lucky and drop that pin exactly on the spot you need the ship piloted to. Once you do best to just set that map aside for when you need those particular waypoints.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Open the map by double clicking it then click the "plot course" button on the top. Then drop a pin or a series of pins at the locations you want to go to throughout the course. The pins can be dragged around if you want to change it's location. Make sure your route doesn't take you through any land masses. When done plotting click the 'stop plotting' button. Then drop the map on the boat's tillerman and they will remember the course. When you say "start" the tillerman will sail to each point in order. If you stop for any reason and then wish to proceed along the course, you say "continue". If you wish to go back to the first dropped pin you say "start".

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The World Maps crafted by player Cartographers are much larger and more accurate. You can simply insure them for 10 gold as well.
Here's a comparison between player crafted "World Map" vs NPC bought "Map of the World".
World Map Comparison.PNG

Miretar

Journeyman
You would think that given the time and money spent to develop the High Seas booster that the devs would also have added a decent navigation system at the same time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I plot a course on this tiny map?
Like this: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/ships-guide/#navigate

I have many different maps, some seacharts, some world maps, all drawn by my treasure hunter. Here's my fisherman's 'sailing back from seamarket' map and my 'finding stuff for the zippy quest' map. The problem comes when you run into an obstacle like a water ele or dolphin, but that's a good thing really - it keeps less conscientious players from wandering away from the keyboard.
1656501864841.png 1656501924183.png