• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Naturalist Quest Tracking

D

DHMagicMan_1

Seems like a LOT of us are doing a bunch of Naturalist seeds at the moment because of the couple Fire Red New Cacti that have been seen.

I thought I'd start a new thread here about the Naturalist Quest overall because I want to understand what, if anything, has changed to all the colors (not just to Fire Red)...

I have several (10+) seeds sprouting in the next day or two and another 10+ that I planted in FD last night so I'll give details here as they arrive.

Questions:

• Since the new Fire Red Cacti have started appearing, have the other (Barrel, Tri-Barrel and Prickly Pear) been seen in Fire Red?
  • In other colors besides Fire Red, does the new Cactus appear? (I know we haven't seen it yet)
  • Any other new plants in Fire Red or Other Colors (I know not yet and don't really expect them)

Please post feedback if you have any.

R

Rix/\

Since the new Fire Red Cacti have started appearing, have the other (Barrel, Tri-Barrel and Prickly Pear) been seen in Fire Red?

yes I had a barrel come up same day as my new cactus plant

In other colors besides Fire Red, does the new Cactus appear? (I know we haven't seen it yet)

So far none, out of 5 of each rare color all came up old school plants except I now have 4 fire new cactus

Any other new plants in Fire Red or Other Colors (I know not yet and don't really expect them)

I believe the theory about the system only reconizing the cactus.

I still have more to grow and bloom tomorrow I expect 6 more of each color to pop up and 10 more fire.

D

DHMagicMan_1

My suspicion is somehow the new cactus has "replaced" tribarrel or prickly pear in the "Fire Red" options so no matter how many times you get fire red seeds now, you will keep getting the new Cacti but something else has dropped out... maybe not even a cacti???

Not sure why it only affected the Fire Red color though??? That seems odd.

X

Xevious

Heh, I posted that I got a fire red new cactus yesterday... Well tonight, the next two popped and they are BOTH fire red new cacti. I now have three from my batch of new fire seeds, with another three due to pop tomorrow. Now, I know at least the first one was in fertile dirt but I don't know for sure about the others, so it might be good to add that to your notes for any of the naturalist seeds.

D

DHMagicMan_1

LOL Wouldn't it be funny if every Fire Red Seed that grew was new Cacti?

That would be the end all beat all!

ROTFL!!!

F

feath

Where I didn't mind them not fixing the problem when it was just adding one of the new seeds to the naturalist quest; I have a big problem with ALL the naturalist quest being just one plant.

I'd classify this as a need to fix bug!

X

Xevious

Update following server up: three more fire red plants bloomed this morning and...all three are the NEW CACTI! Of my six fire red plants blooming since the new plants have been introduced, all six are the identical six new cacti.
I logged on this morning just to check mine and I have the same result. The next 3 of 20 I have growing are all new cacti in fire red, so I have 6 for 6 also and 13 more popping tomorrow (forgot I lost one to over potioning).

L

Lord Drakelord

This keeps up the old fire rare cacti will become the new Rare at the Rare's forum. :) LOL

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question to all - anyone that grew colors other than fire red....did your other colors come up old school cacti? I have had a magenta prickly pear, 2 aqua single barrel, 1 pink single barrel, and 1 pink tribarrel pop - have I been just terribly unlucky to get all cacti?

*editing to add in...count 3 more fire red new cacti to your list - all 3 of my fire red popped to the new cacti

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question to all - anyone that grew colors other than fire red....did your other colors come up old school cacti? I have had a magenta prickly pear, 2 aqua single barrel, 1 pink single barrel, and 1 pink tribarrel pop - have I been just terribly unlucky to get all cacti?

*editing to add in...count 3 more fire red new cacti to your list - all 3 of my fire red popped to the new cacti

I had two magenta prickly pears show up this morning. The rest is still growing.

B

Beastmaster

I had 3 of 5 fire red cacti pop last night. Other 2 are still unknown. I also have a bunch of the other 3 colors planted but none have popped yet.

Stay tuned folks sounds like we have a new bug that may have destroyed the old fire red plants.

My question is what kind of spaghetti code must be involved to create this situation in the first place?

Issues:
1) All fire reds appear to be the new cactus. Legacy plants now unavailable in fire red.
2) Other 3 colors appear to be unavailable in the new cactus.
3) The new cactus is the only plant appearing in any of the naturalist colors.

Its like the second you get a fire red seed from the quest, bam! it's going to be a new cactus.

E

elrond_uo

yea im seeing all new cacti too i planted 30 seeds and 10 have poped all the new cactus with the other 20 due to pop tomarow ill post then if they all are also all the new cactus

F

Flora Green

I have some aqua and pink planted. Will post when they bloom, but I have a feeling the results will be the same as all of yours.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so we can almost certainly say the fire red seeds are broken and only giving out new cactus. It's also beginning to look like the other colors (aqua, pink, purple) are broken and only giving out old cactus (probably still need more results on that).

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finding the new fire seeds give quad barrel plants, but pre-publish 55 fire seeds are turning into original plants, like fire campion, fire lily, etc.

D

DHMagicMan_1

So people planting any quest colors other than Fire Red are getting only the 3 other cacti? I hadn't caught that part of the bug... Ouch.

So there's some serious badness going on at the moment.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have several othercolored seeds growing from naturalist. Later today they will bloom and we will know the result.

X

Xevious

I logged on this morning just to check mine and I have the same result. The next 3 of 20 I have growing are all new cacti in fire red, so I have 6 for 6 also and 13 more popping tomorrow (forgot I lost one to over potioning).
Well... I think the picture speaks for itself:

J

Juicy Fruit

I had and old fire red seed and I went and did the quest 11 more time for fire seeds, they bloomed, the old seed came up ponytail palm and the 11 new fire seeds all came out new cacti .... :coco:

G

Gwenyth

So are we now saying that all fire seeds will bloom as the new cactus and nothing else? Can we still get the old plants from the fire seed part of the quest?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All mine are cactus. They are different ones but it's kind of odd they all are a cactus.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Yeah. I'm thinking it's pretty broken at the moment. They are looking into it but if you do "Fire" you will get the "New" 4 Barrel Cactus with Flower and if you do any of the other three color runs you will get one of the old style cactus just about GUARANTEED.

I'm going to not do any more runs until we hear an update on this.

I hope they fix it by updating the quest to make all 34 "Current Plants", both new and old, available as random seeds... :bowdown: PLEASE!!!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for me. All colored plants from naturalist are cactus. The fire red is also the new cactus,magenta is prickly pear,Aqua is barrel cactus and pink is tri-barrel.

Thats exacly the same as Christy1221 picture.

N

Ni-

Yeah. I'm thinking it's pretty broken at the moment. They are looking into it but if you do "Fire" you will get the "New" 4 Barrel Cactus with Flower and if you do any of the other three color runs you will get one of the old style cactus just about GUARANTEED.

I'm going to not do any more runs until we hear an update on this.

I hope they fix it by updating the quest to make all 34 "Current Plants", both new and old, available as random seeds... :bowdown: PLEASE!!!
ooo, fire hedges... Decorators could make wonderful huge forges with those!

trees on fire?

fire hops = pouring lava fall?

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend gave me a couple of seeds (I forgot how many 8 or 9) he had in his bankbox for ages (at least a year because he just returned to game not so long ago).
For sure they were from before the new plant system came into place.
I did plant them myself after the system went into place.

All bloomed into random "old style" plants.

So it seems seeds gathered from before the new plant system still work fine, and those aquired after are "bugged".

D

DHMagicMan_1

That makes sense to me, because I think the seeds get all their properties (plant type included) when the seed is generated... so the old seeds should have a plant type imprinted that worked but any new ones are getting imprinted broken.

:(

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for me. All colored plants from naturalist are cactus. The fire red is also the new cactus,magenta is prickly pear,Aqua is barrel cactus and pink is tri-barrel.

Thats exacly the same as Christy1221 picture.
Just to note with the results I posted earlier:
I have had a magenta prickly pear, 2 aqua single barrel, 1 pink single barrel, and 1 pink tribarrel pop
the pink single barrel was old seed - don't want to skew the results (and what luck that the only old seed I had came out a cacti? doh) - I accidently had mixed it up enough that I couldn't tell which of the two pinks were old but I'm sure enough now that it was the single barrel

B

Beastmaster

adding to findings...7 new seeds...same results as reported

3 pink tribarrels
3 aqua barrel
1 magenta prickly pear

30 more pop tomorrow but I guess we all know what they will be. :wall:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirming what everyone else has found. the 3 magenta seeds I fetched have bloomed as prickly pear and the aqua is a single barrel cactus.

F

Flora Green

My new seeds still haven't bloomed, but my old ones are indeed "normal" as I received magenta pampas grass among others.

B

Beastmaster

Here is my conclusive evidence adding to everyone else's showing that the old plants (except for specific cactus per color) are no longer available from the naturalist quest.

D

debsmad

Has there been any weirdness with the bonsai seeds? Has anyone tried them? Probably not affected because they're not associated with these, right? It just popped into my head because I was fighting fan dancers this evening and got some seeds.